Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » When Worlds Collide 2? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page When Worlds Collide 2?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

the other fan tributes are there too (77s, the choir), just follow the links backwards and you'll find them.

09-07-2011 23:28 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

As long as my wife hasn't planned anything on my behalf, I will download all of those this afternoon and give 'em a listen tomorrow.

Again, Thanks!

Happy

09-08-2011 09:03 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

probably not the best use of your time (time that you will never get back) but hey, go for it! Tongue

"a fool and his time are soon parted" the story of my life

my personal favorite from all the projects is this AA song from Steve Broderson
Tree House

09-08-2011 18:41 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

and just to get this back on to DA related...

My Frontier

Cool Cool Cool

09-08-2011 18:44 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

While the thought of WWC2 is nice and all, I'll feel better when the goal for a new DA album is back on track. Right now, it feels a little bit lost in all the otherness.
09-08-2011 21:46 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
and just to get this back on to DA related...

My Frontier

Cool Cool Cool

I listened to this today! Pleased
09-08-2011 22:25 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
While the thought of WWC2 is nice and all, I'll feel better when the goal for a new DA album is back on track. Right now, it feels a little bit lost in all the otherness.

Of course I agree with this! I was just thinking that the tracks are out there and already recorded, why not offer them to the fans for a little money and help raise the funds for the new DA recording or fantastic other plans that are in the works.

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
09-08-2011 22:27 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Yeah we might need a release or two like this to raise the funds for a new DA record. Something like this might help some, the DA tour DVD might help some, and we can always try the kickstarter page if need be.

09-08-2011 22:49 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

speaking of when worlds collide, i'm up for the Swirling Eddies cover of Jozin z Bazin, Spot could do the Jozin jitterbug and Berger could do the mOuth

Psalm 119:83
09-08-2011 23:18 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

The idea of a new DA record has never left the tracks... delayed a bit because of the tour, but never derailed...

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-09-2011 00:54 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

quote:
Originally posted by sondance
speaking of when worlds collide, i'm up for the Swirling Eddies cover of Jozin z Bazin, Spot could do the Jozin jitterbug and Berger could do the mOuth

Now that I would like. Cool

09-09-2011 12:18 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

I was over at noisetrade and noticed The Choir fan tribute that has a Phil Madiera song on it and I recalled this thread. It would still be amazing to get the tracks that have been recorded. I had the Scattered Few recording at one point, but it disappeared when I transitioned computers. It might be on a flash drive somewhere. The Choir Tribute at noisetrade has a mix of people I know and (mostly) people I don't. Perhaps the idea of mixing these songs with those from lesser known artists could be revisited. Or perhaps there are still others out there who would like to contribute to this. I know the first release was a long time ago, but having these songs finally see the light of day would be fantastic!

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
10-12-2017 21:24 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

...and we got the new DA album as promised! Time for another...
I too would be keen to hear some of these tracks. I always wanted to do a cover of "Cardboard Box" and even had a bassist friend named Willy that I was planning to use.

www.smashthatcomputer.com
10-13-2017 15:43 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Administrator

Yeah the kickstarter thing is truly a blessing. I absolutely HATED the pre-order days. That was true torture for everyone involved, unfortunately there were not many other options at the time.

If you think about it with the HD kickstarter there are 756 backers pledging $52,015... that averages out to about $68 a person. Back in the olden days of preorder, the same amount of people would of generated about $11,340 at $15 a person for a CD. The guys couldn't make a new album with that budget. Not to mention everyone hated preorders, so we'd struggle to get 400 or 500 people to commit. So we'd always have to come up with (and pay for out of pocket) some other releases to supplement. Then you'd get some people who were irritated by the whole affair (and rightfully so) who would discourage other people from preordering or ordering. Even had some people lie and tell people that the money wasn't going to the band. Every dime we ever brought in went to the management and/or band.

The first DA tribute was a nightmare to make in a lot of ways, I don't even like to listen to it much anymore because of some of the situations. We started out wanting to make a double disc set, got enough people to promise to record, but in the end we got about a disc and a third. So we didn't feel right putting out two discs and making people pay for two discs with only that number of tracks. Then you had people truly irritated they got bumped. You had some people switch and record at the last minute songs that other people had already recorded. So they had to be bumped. Had one artist record his own song for it, which seemed out of place since everyone had agreed to record a DA song. Bumped. We had to drive to South Carolina because the guys mastering the album wanted us there while they mastered it, of course the two days we were there they pretty much worked on other stuff. Add that waste to the expenses. Then they had the discs shipped to them in SC the week of Cornerstone, and we needed them for the fest. They shipped them to us and tried to stick us with a $750 shipping bill... when we'd already paid to have them shipped to us when we paid the manufacturing bill.

Thats my rant. But I agree, we do need to get the remaining tracks out there a couple of them are pretty good.

10-13-2017 17:02 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

There is actually a band that wanted to be a part of it the first time that is actually recording their track *now*. It’s a band that hasn’t made new music in a while but it’ll be exciting to hear. I figured when we had that track, we could revisit when worlds collide in some way...

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-14-2017 09:27 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

it's a shame the business is rife with flakes, and they can't all blame their "artistic temperment". thank you audiori-sans for taking care of the fellers in so many ways.

Psalm 119:83
10-14-2017 23:46 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

First, thank you for your efforts on behalf of this great band! I guess I never really think about the details and struggles of getting stuff out to us fans. Your efforts are extremely appreciated!
Second, the fact that a band is revisiting recording their track is exciting. I cannot wait to hear the result if this comes to fruition.

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
10-21-2017 19:27 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » When Worlds Collide 2?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH