Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » I don't believe 'Tim Chandler' exists » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page I don't believe 'Tim Chandler' exists
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 I don't believe 'Tim Chandler' exists Pfiagra 08-22-2005 13:21
 RE: I don't believe 'Tim Chandler' exists DaLe 08-22-2005 13:31
 RE: I don't believe 'Tim Chandler' exists sprinklerhead 08-22-2005 13:39
 RE: I don't believe 'Tim Chandler' exists carl 08-22-2005 14:45
 RE: I don't believe 'Tim Chandler' exists peawinkel 08-22-2005 15:42
 RE: I don't believe 'Tim Chandler' exists joey 08-22-2005 16:25
 RE: I don't believe 'Tim Chandler' exists Jevon the Tall 08-22-2005 14:31
 RE: I don't believe 'Tim Chandler' exists bereal 08-22-2005 15:30
 RE: I don't believe 'Tim Chandler' exists bereal 08-22-2005 15:47
 RE: I don't believe 'Tim Chandler' exists bereal 08-22-2005 16:28
 RE: I don't believe 'Tim Chandler' exists carl 08-22-2005 16:28
 RE: I don't believe 'Tim Chandler' exists joey 08-22-2005 16:30
 RE: I don't believe 'Tim Chandler' exists bereal 08-22-2005 16:37
 RE: I don't believe 'Tim Chandler' exists Berger Roy Al 08-23-2005 10:44
 RE: I don't believe 'Tim Chandler' exists Audiori J 08-23-2005 11:50
 RE: I don't believe 'Tim Chandler' exists peawinkel 08-23-2005 12:11

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

I don't believe 'Tim Chandler' exists Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I attended the Broken Records Reunion concert this past Friday night in Orange County (which rocked, by the way). Anyway, I noticed that all the Choir members were there except for Tim (Matt Slocum played bass). When I saw them in 1983 or so as Youth Choir, Tim wasn't there either.

I then thought about it and realized that on DA's Live in Anaheim 1985 DVD, that it wasn't Tim Chandler playing bass either.

So, I wonder if both The Choir and DA are using 'Tim Chandler' as a pseudonym, much in the same way that directors use the name 'Alan Smithee' when they are embarrassed of their work.

Now, I haven't yet seen the Making of MBD DVD, but I sure that if a 'Tim Chandler' shows up in there, its sure to be some two-bit, B-grade actor that the guys hired to play the role. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they used the same afro-wearing, mustached guy from their old promo shots.

08-22-2005 13:21 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thumb Up! RE: I don't believe 'Tim Chandler' exists Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Pfiagra
So, I wonder if both The Choir and DA are using 'Tim Chandler' as a pseudonym. . .

YeS ! I think you may be on to something Cool
or maybe just on something... Frown

one of my favorite parts of the Movie princess bride is the Dreaded Pirate Roberts...

hmmm....

have I mentioned I like conspiracy theories Big Grin

08-22-2005 13:31 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

RE: I don't believe 'Tim Chandler' exists Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I bet that photo is one they wish would disappear.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
08-22-2005 13:39 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

RE: I don't believe 'Tim Chandler' exists Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Pfiagra
I attended the Broken Records Reunion concert this past Friday night in Orange County (which rocked, by the way). Anyway, I noticed that all the Choir members were there except for Tim (Matt Slocum played bass). When I saw them in 1983 or so as Youth Choir, Tim wasn't there either.

I then thought about it and realized that on DA's Live in Anaheim 1985 DVD, that it wasn't Tim Chandler playing bass either.

So, I wonder if both The Choir and DA are using 'Tim Chandler' as a pseudonym, much in the same way that directors use the name 'Alan Smithee' when they are embarrassed of their work.

Now, I haven't yet seen the Making of MBD DVD, but I sure that if a 'Tim Chandler' shows up in there, its sure to be some two-bit, B-grade actor that the guys hired to play the role. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they used the same afro-wearing, mustached guy from their old promo shots.

I'd've thought that the entire premise of him being the same bass player for both DA and The Choir was ample proof to begin with. Whoever thought that one would be convincing was just plain just STOOPIT. Tongue

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
08-22-2005 14:45 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

The Chandler in this photo is not the same purported Chandler in the MBD DVD. If this is truly Chandler, I haven't seen anyone that fits this description since the 70's.

08-22-2005 15:42 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Lamp RE: I don't believe 'Tim Chandler' exists Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i think .berger made chandler up just to mess with us.... Shocked

Cool
08-22-2005 16:25 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That picture was from the nefarious "Who Farted" photo shoot.

If you look carefully, you can tell that Ed, was standing close to the source. Chandler was looking entirely "not guilty" which usually indicates extreme guilt. Jerry "the sensitive" one was overcome, and you can tell that Terry is shouldering a lot of extra weight.

What you don't see is the next photo in the series where Chandler bursts out laughing, and Jerry falls over leaving Ed holding his hands over his mouth in an apparent "supress vomit" pose. Terry being Terry was indifferent to the whole thing.

He's cool.

08-22-2005 14:31 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You are all just plain STOOPIT if you think Tim Chandler is only a figment of someone's imagination. Now Berger....................

Tim is one of the nicest guys I've met in a long time and I can vouch that he is real. Wink Tongue

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
08-22-2005 15:30 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I believe he probably would like to burn that photo since his hair don't look anything like that now...................

it's got some gray in it and is a little thinner than it used to be. Wink

Smile
08-22-2005 15:47 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Big Grin

Sure, joey. Roll Eyes

Smile
08-22-2005 16:28 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Now we know Chandler uses Windex to make up Berger, but what does Berger use to make up Chandler??? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
08-22-2005 16:28 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Frown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

you mean it's the other way around! Shocked

Cool
08-22-2005 16:30 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Ubique Epoque

Big Grin

Smile
08-22-2005 16:37 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

Registration Date: 02-14-2003

It's about time you people figured this one out!! Chandler's been a figment of my imagination since I first logged onto the DAMB. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAgggxcckkkkk!!!!

That picture up top was taken sometime around 1981 when he supposedly "joined" the band. If you look closely at the photo, it's obvious that they persuaded one of the out-of-work Hudson Brothers (the .worst looking one too, by the way) to pose with them. Look at that hair!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGGgggxxxxxk!!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Berger Roy Al: 08-23-2005 10:45.

08-23-2005 10:44 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

That guy?

08-23-2005 11:50 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Ain't one of those guys that actress' daddy......
You know he impregnated Goldie Hawn........maybe married her, I dunno.
Don't want to tick off Kurt Russell.
Sloppy seconds.....ya know......

08-23-2005 12:11 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » I don't believe 'Tim Chandler' exists

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH