Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » travelogue #2 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page travelogue #2 3 Votes - Average Rating: 7.003 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 travelogue #2 tchandler 08-05-2005 10:04
 RE: travelogue #2 wes berlin 08-05-2005 10:39
 RE: travelogue #2 Eleanor 08-05-2005 10:23
 RE: travelogue #2 tchandler 08-05-2005 10:27
 RE: travelogue #2 dorfsmith 08-05-2005 10:30
 RE: travelogue #2 carl 08-05-2005 10:34
 RE: travelogue #2 tchandler 08-05-2005 10:37
 RE: travelogue #2 carl 08-05-2005 10:37
 RE: travelogue #2 tchandler 08-05-2005 10:50
 RE: travelogue #2 wes berlin 08-05-2005 10:59
 RE: travelogue #2 larryl 08-05-2005 11:02
 RE: travelogue #2 jiminy 08-05-2005 11:03
 RE: travelogue #2 Pfiagra 08-05-2005 11:03
 RE: travelogue #2 tchandler 08-05-2005 11:03
 RE: travelogue #2 larryl 08-05-2005 11:07
 RE: travelogue #2 tchandler 08-05-2005 11:04
 RE: travelogue #2 tchandler 08-05-2005 11:07
 RE: travelogue #2 jiminy 08-05-2005 11:23
 RE: travelogue #2 tchandler 08-05-2005 11:09
 RE: travelogue #2 larryl 08-05-2005 11:13
Next Page »

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

travelogue #2 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hi friends--happy friday!

so i was sitting at the airport waiting on my flight. because i'm an Old Middle-Aged Guy, i now have to wear those little $10 reading glasses you can find at walgreens. i pulled out rolling stone magazine and put on my reading glasses.

((i have this stress related condition which has caused me to lose a slight bit of vision in my right eye. i had to tell you this so the story would make sense.))

as i'm starting to read, i notice a guy, about 25 or so, sitting across from me. he's looking at me and has this raised-eyebrow, smirk and the general look on his face said, "dude, you can't be serious. right? i mean you just can't."

i did a sort of double-take and then stared the guy down until he looked away. he looked away and just shook his head, giving me one last quick glance.

i went back to reading, thinking "WHAT exactly is this guy's problem? why in the world would somebody just start staring at you with that kind of look on their face?"

i read for a few minutes and then this guy just got up and walked away. i watched him leave and as he was walking away, i reached up with my right hand to adjust my glasses. i happened to barely touch the inside of the right rim and when i did, i realized i was touching nothing but air. i could put my finger all the way through and touch my eyelid.

the right lens had fallen out but i couldn't tell because of this condition in my right eye. that guy, of course, was looking at me like that because i was sitting there like MR. Peanut wearing a monocle and acting like everything was normal.

or it's possible that he thought i was a grown retarded man who had found these in the trash and was wearing them as "pretend" glasses.

and then, of course, i'd stared back at him like HE was the one with a problem. picture a grown middle aged man who may or may not be retarded, self-righteously staring at you with pretend monocle glasses. yes, i'm sure i looked like a complete mental patient.

middle age is so fun!!
08-05-2005 10:04 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

RE: travelogue #2 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
hi friends--happy friday!

so i was sitting at the airport waiting on my flight. because i'm an Old Middle-Aged Guy, i now have to wear those little $10 reading glasses you can find at walgreens. i pulled out rolling stone magazine and put on my reading glasses.

((i have this stress related condition which has caused me to lose a slight bit of vision in my right eye. i had to tell you this so the story would make sense.))

as i'm starting to read, i notice a guy, about 25 or so, sitting across from me. he's looking at me and has this raised-eyebrow, smirk and the general look on his face said, "dude, you can't be serious. right? i mean you just can't."

i did a sort of double-take and then stared the guy down until he looked away. he looked away and just shook his head, giving me one last quick glance.

i went back to reading, thinking "WHAT exactly is this guy's problem? why in the world would somebody just start staring at you with that kind of look on their face?"

i read for a few minutes and then this guy just got up and walked away. i watched him leave and as he was walking away, i reached up with my right hand to adjust my glasses. i happened to barely touch the inside of the right rim and when i did, i realized i was touching nothing but air. i could put my finger all the way through and touch my eyelid.

the right lens had fallen out but i couldn't tell because of this condition in my right eye. that guy, of course, was looking at me like that because i was sitting there like MR. Peanut wearing a monocle and acting like everything was normal.

or it's possible that he thought i was a grown retarded man who had found these in the trash and was wearing them as "pretend" glasses.

and then, of course, i stared back at him like HE was the one with a problem. picture a grown middle aged man who may or may not be retarded, self-righteously staring at you with pretend monocle glasses. yes, i'm sure i looked like a complete mental patient.

middle age is so fun!!

Big Grin good times.

08-05-2005 10:39 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Tongue

hi tim
08-05-2005 10:23 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

Thread Starter Thread Started by tchandler
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hi El!
08-05-2005 10:27 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi Tim! Great story Big Grin

08-05-2005 10:30 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Boy, I hope MY flight tomorrow isn't like that. Red Face

(although the God Went Bowling t-shirt won't help right out of the gate.... Tongue )

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
08-05-2005 10:34 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Daniel Amos

howdy dorf and carl.
08-05-2005 10:37 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yo tim. Big Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
08-05-2005 10:37 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Daniel Amos

hey, wes!
08-05-2005 10:50 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

hey tim.

08-05-2005 10:59 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

that's good stuff Tim!!!

good morning!!

i find myself in beautiful wichita, ks this week, but i drove, so i have no funny airport stories to tell. Big Grin

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

08-05-2005 11:02 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Tim-
Thats a great tale.
as we've said b4- half of it is in the way to tell it..you have real panache.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
08-05-2005 11:03 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

Hey Tim. Good story, but I have a question:

If you are Middle-Aged Man, then who is Drinking Buddy?

08-05-2005 11:03 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

hey larry -- why are you in wichita?
08-05-2005 11:03 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

quote:
hey larry -- why are you in wichita?

long story, which you would tell much better than i would, no doubt.....involving my ex-wife, court orders, child support, trying to start a new lower paying job, and so forth.....i am working out here, at least for a while.

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

08-05-2005 11:07 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

hey there Pfiagra -- i try to fill both roles!
08-05-2005 11:04 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

jiminy! so you're gonna be on a radio show. can i get it way up here in nashville?
08-05-2005 11:07 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

quote:
jiminy! so you're gonna be on a radio show. can i get it way up here in nashville?

You should be able to stream it from that site. (right Mike?)

It is on at 6:00 in the morning..think Berger can get you up? - He may be staggerin in about that time.....

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
08-05-2005 11:23 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

yikes, larry! prayers for you that all goes well.
08-05-2005 11:09 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

thanks......it's amazing how someone can slap you with court orders forcing you to ( again ) put on hold lifelong dreams, and then call later in the day to just say hi........ Shocked

08-05-2005 11:13 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » travelogue #2

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH