Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » DA - Live In Anaheim 1985 (DVD) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA - Live In Anaheim 1985 (DVD) 15 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0015 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0015 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0015 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0015 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 DA - Live In Anaheim 1985 (DVD) audiori 08-04-2005 20:33
 RE: DA - Live In Anaheim 1985 (DVD) jiminy 08-05-2005 15:36
 RE: DA - Live In Anaheim 1985 (DVD) audiori 08-31-2005 17:47
 RE: DA - Live In Anaheim 1985 (DVD) peawinkel 09-01-2005 11:13
 RE: DA - Live In Anaheim 1985 (DVD) dorfsmith 09-05-2005 10:14
 RE: DA - Live In Anaheim 1985 (DVD) Mountain Fan 09-09-2005 15:38
 RE: DA - Live In Anaheim 1985 (DVD) bereal 09-09-2005 16:44
 RE: DA - Live In Anaheim 1985 (DVD) peawinkel 09-09-2005 16:48
 RE: DA - Live In Anaheim 1985 (DVD) bereal 09-09-2005 16:59
 RE: DA - Live In Anaheim 1985 (DVD) Bulldog 09-11-2005 08:20
 RE: DA - Live In Anaheim 1985 (DVD) audiori 09-11-2005 08:23
 RE: DA - Live In Anaheim 1985 (DVD) Audiori J 09-12-2005 09:28
 RE: DA - Live In Anaheim 1985 (DVD) Bulldog 09-14-2005 07:22
 RE: DA - Live In Anaheim 1985 (DVD) Mountain Fan 09-14-2005 18:59
 RE: DA - Live In Anaheim 1985 (DVD) audiori 09-14-2005 19:20
 RE: DA - Live In Anaheim 1985 (DVD) Mountain Fan 09-15-2005 12:13

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

DA - Live In Anaheim 1985 (DVD) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-04-2005 20:33 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

jist got mine back yesterday from my oldest ..hes had it fer MONTHS!

(liked it lots..said it was bright, innovative..way ahead of what was going on in Xian music- I agreed-plus nice live versions of things.... and brought back lots of memories of what he wished he could have seen as a youngster....(he was 14 then..and already a fan)

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
08-05-2005 15:36 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Another one you can vote for and/or add reviews of...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0476536/

(Info is still being added by the IMDB folks).

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-31-2005 17:47 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Send a copy to me & I'll submit a 10 vote & a review.

Oh yeah, I'll send it back when I've completed my review.

Smile )

09-01-2005 11:13 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Another one you can vote for and/or add reviews of...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0476536/

(Info is still being added by the IMDB folks).

I voted Tongue

09-05-2005 10:14 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

I'll have to watch this one again now. Been awhile.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
09-09-2005 15:38 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan

Sounds like a date to me. Wink

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
09-09-2005 16:44 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

quote:
Originally posted by bereal
quote:

I haven't received my complimentary copy for review yet.

Frown

Frown

09-09-2005 16:48 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by peawinkel
quote:
Originally posted by bereal
quote:

I haven't received my complimentary copy for review yet.

Frown

Frown

Frown Crying

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
09-09-2005 16:59 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Bulldog Bulldog is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Where in Anahiem was this filmed?
09-11-2005 08:20 Bulldog is offline Send an Email to Bulldog Search for Posts by Bulldog Add Bulldog to your Buddy List
Administrator

The master lists "the Inn at the Park Hotel" as the venue, if that helps.

09-11-2005 08:23 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Could be Holiday Inn at the Park Hotel
1221 South Harbor Boulevard
Anaheim, CA 92805
United States

But most Hotels near Disneyland, call themselves "at the Park".
So any with the word "Inn" could be the one, we don't know exactly.

09-12-2005 09:28 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Bulldog Bulldog is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Thanks, I was thinking it was Melodyland with Randy Stonehill, but the more I think about it, I think I am wrong.
09-14-2005 07:22 Bulldog is offline Send an Email to Bulldog Search for Posts by Bulldog Add Bulldog to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

This is a pretty cool DVD and quality is really pretty good considering it was the mid-80s and they weren't a famous band playing a huge place with the best equipment. I am very thankful to have it.

Our 6 yr old girl happened to come in when they played the twilight zone music and asked "what movie is that?" Big Grin

Our 4 mo old seemed pretty interested too.

Who was the guy on the stationary keyboards? (Rob had the board on a strap).

Terry is really a creative genius and although the new wave / keyboard style of music isn't my favorite, his genius still shines through on this DVD. Also, I like a lot of the comments he makes as well. His Ric sounds great for rhythm and Greg seems on top of things with his chops. Ed seems his normal solid self too.

A must have, especially for long-time DA fans. Also, a good way to get exposure to earlier music for those of us younger puppies that don't want to shell out big $ on ebay for those rare releases! And last but not least it supports Terry and the webstore! Pleased

Got a few miles left ...

09-14-2005 18:59 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Administrator

The consensus is that guy on keyboard is a friend of Rob Watson, but
nobody seems to be too sure. We tried to find out so we could credit him.

Terry had us edit some of the talking out from between songs, he kind of went overboard explaining each song. For a while in the career, they felt the need to do that because people tend to miss the message. I personally thought the 'Colored By' talk was pretty good and summed up a lot of the points of some of the other talking.

I think its a fun concert, and the songs are great. Since its probably the best film from the period we tried to put as many songs on there as possible.

09-14-2005 19:20 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Well, I don't mind Terry getting a little wordy, but it was probably good to cut some of it out for the sake of it flowing like a concert. It would've been OK to add Terry's comment segments at the end, if there was room though.

I like the included comments about Sanctuary. I had a really good bond with my grandfather too, even though I never really lived with him like Terry did. Now, that is one keyboard song that I really DO like, probably because it has a more epic type feel, without that annoying staccato beat.

Who were the "model" ladies for the "Real Girls" song? Any of the guys' wives/girlfriends? That was a pretty cool concept.

Got a few miles left ...

09-15-2005 12:13 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » DA - Live In Anaheim 1985 (DVD)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH