Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DAmb Fan Album » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DAmb Fan Album 5 Votes - Average Rating: 4.60
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

DAmb Fan Album Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Let's try and keep this on topic. Roll Eyes

ok, here is the info if you haven't heard about it DAMB IT

everyone is welcome!

08-04-2002 22:39 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork

everyone is welcome!

We could do this as a double album with the DADL's album Fearful Mimicry. (Which has been on the go since 1999 - all it needs is the Townsends to get them pressed and printed and paid for)
08-04-2002 22:41 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

Thread Starter Thread Started by BigDork
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew

We could do this as a double album with the DADL's album Fearful Mimicry. (Which has been on the go since 1999 - all it needs is the Townsends to get them pressed and printed and paid for)

this one is on a much lesser budget, and much lesser production. that way anyone can join in. shoot just whistle a DA tune and your on! no frills on this one, and we have a deadline!

We will have something done this year!

heh heh

BD

08-05-2002 00:29 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

I hope to make my recording semi-professional.

Well, the instruments will be good anyway. Can't say much for the vocals. Red Face

08-05-2002 00:47 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by arcticsunburn
I hope to make my recording semi-professional.

Well, the instruments will be good anyway. Can't say much for the vocals. Red Face

Allot of the songs will be done very well. Some of you DAmbers have recorded before. Hopefully some of us no-talented DAmbers will try something too! Tongue

BD

08-05-2002 08:58 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

quote:
quote:

everyone is welcome!

Fearful Mimacry!! I love it. Where can I get a copy?

-- aotp
08-05-2002 10:29 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

no where, it was never finished

it may be someday?????? Confused

BD

08-05-2002 11:08 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

quote:
no where, it was never finished

it may be someday?????? Confused

BD

For a year or so it has been "The next project after..."

I'm not meanng to get at you Townsends. i know I"d much rather have the new Terry project than the DADL project but one day it'll be cool.
08-05-2002 15:47 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Originally posted by Author of the Post
Fearful Mimacry!! I love it. Where can I get a copy?

-- aotp

Actually it was Fearful Mimicry that prompted a lot of big name artists and the end result was "When worlds collide"

There were other names suggested like:

Terryfied
"OK we Give in Daniel is the tall one at the back"
File under D
08-05-2002 15:50 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Lucy and I have recorded a cover of Travelog.
Big Grin

would that work?

08-05-2002 16:25 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

I think FM could be finished rather quickly now that the festivals are over... assuming we can get a good price on printing the booklet, which we're looking into. We really hate the fact that it's been sitting here this long.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-05-2002 16:57 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
Big Grin

would that work?

YES!

send it on over!

08-05-2002 17:04 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by audiori

I think FM could be finished rather quickly now that the festivals are over... assuming we can get a good price on printing the booklet, which we're looking into. We really hate the fact that it's been sitting here this long.

I'd like to see that one happen some day too, as long as it didn't take away from "real" releases. Tongue

BD

08-05-2002 17:05 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
Big Grin

would that work?

YES!

send it on over!

Lucy has it. I have emailed him. maybe I will give him a call tonight and have him mail it to you!

I will nada it! Big Grin

08-05-2002 17:06 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

woo hoo!

08-05-2002 17:07 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
woo hoo!

it seems like it sounded pretty cool to me Smile

08-05-2002 17:08 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:

everyone is welcome!

I'm trying to decide if I will do something or not.

I can almost sing Ghost Riders does that count as a TST song?

Heh. How about Pretentious Poetry Readings with a New Zealand Accent?
08-05-2002 17:31 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

just want this near the top...

BD

night all!

08-05-2002 23:19 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
just want this near the top...

BD

night all!

Yeah with this near the top more people will see it and think of songs they can do.

Night night

Don't bite the bed bugs...
08-05-2002 23:29 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

quote:
Heh. How about Pretentious Poetry Readings with a New Zealand Accent?

Sorry, Andrew, I've already volunteered to do a track called "Pretentious Poetry from the Heart." I'll do accented readings ala "Pretentious Poetry Reading" of Dr. Ed for lyrics off "Songs of the Heart." I still need to pick which accents to do and with which songs.... This will be fun!

-- aotp
08-05-2002 23:35 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DAmb Fan Album

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH