Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Larry Norman DONATION CD » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Larry Norman DONATION CD 3 Votes - Average Rating: 7.003 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Larry Norman DONATION CD DaLe 06-08-2005 10:07
 Holy @#%$&! carl 06-08-2005 10:16
 RE: Larry Norman DONATION CD Audiori J 06-08-2005 10:21
 RE: Larry Norman DONATION CD DaLe 06-08-2005 12:04
 RE: Larry Norman DONATION CD Audiori J 06-08-2005 12:10
 RE: Larry Norman DONATION CD Ron E 06-10-2005 22:57
 RE: Larry Norman DONATION CD Dr Rich 06-11-2005 07:19
 RE: Larry Norman DONATION CD joey 07-12-2005 11:23
 RE: Larry Norman DONATION CD Dr Rich 06-11-2005 07:18
 compare that with... Dr Rich 06-11-2005 07:20
 RE: Larry Norman DONATION CD sirjakeyjake 07-12-2005 01:14
 RE: Larry Norman DONATION CD DaLe 07-12-2005 08:28
 RE: Larry Norman DONATION CD jiminy 07-12-2005 08:59
 RE: Larry Norman DONATION CD baxter 07-12-2005 10:46
 Larry's Salem Concert Myron 09-08-2005 01:06
 RE: Larry Norman DONATION CD freak 07-12-2005 09:11
 RE: Larry Norman DONATION CD jiminy 07-12-2005 12:03
 RE: Larry Norman DONATION CD jiminy 09-08-2005 07:41
 RE: Larry Norman DONATION CD Jevon the Tall 09-08-2005 10:03
 Larry's Salem Concert Myron 09-08-2005 11:04
Next Page »

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Text Larry Norman DONATION CD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Bonus Tracks include previously unreleased sessions by
Randy Stonehill, Tom Howard, Daniel Amos
& other Solid Rock artists and make this a real treasure trove.

06-08-2005 10:07 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Shocked Holy @#%$&! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I thought that was Richard Branson the first time I looked at it! Shocked

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
06-08-2005 10:16 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah.

Actually if I remember correctly, its an odd mix of one
non-horrendous disc DA track. So Certain, I think. There is at
least one odd Randy Stonehill track and a weird Tom Howard
track.

06-08-2005 10:21 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thread Starter Thread Started by DaLe
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://www.larrynorman.uk.com/healthupdate.htm

CONCERT AT THE ELSINORE THEATRE
SALEM, OR
JUNE 24TH 2005

06-08-2005 12:04 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Ive seen those films before, and while I know Larry is
having serious health issues, whoever filmed those did
so in the most unflattering way possible. (Very dark room
with extreme harsh light from the top.)

06-08-2005 12:10 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quite the ticket prices!!!

06-10-2005 22:57 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E

PLATINUM CIRCLE RESERVED SEATING $165.00 Shocked

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 06-11-2005 07:19.

06-11-2005 07:19 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
Originally posted by Ron E

PLATINUM CIRCLE RESERVED SEATING $165.00 Shocked

my understanding is that it was to raise money for his medical bills....
he has serious heart problems, and no health insurance.....
i listened to a cd of his greatest hits this morning..... wow.. Crying

Cool
07-12-2005 11:23 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Ubique Epoque

CONCERT AT THE ELSINORE THEATRE
SALEM, OR
JUNE 24TH 2005

Below is all the information about Larry's concert on June 24th at the Elsinore Theatre. Please read the whole thing before emailing us any questions. It will tell you all the details about the concert, tickets, the special party the following day, etc. Hope to see you June 24th! :o)

CONCERT TICKETS

Fund Raising Concert at the Historic Elsinore Theatre

Clark Gable made his first appearance on stage here in the late 1920's, John Philip Sousa and his band gave a performance recital here, and Edgar Bergen and Charlie McCarthy appeared alongside vaudeville and stock shows. More recently Don MacLean, Judy Collins and other great performers appeared during the 2004 season and Gregory Peck closed his career with a personal appearance in 2000.

Larry will appear in concert on June 24, 2005 with Charly and his band, with Nancy and Mike. Michael Manning on Musical Saw, Mark Lemhouse (2004 W.C. Handy Award Nominee) on guitar, lap steel, slide etc. and also some surprise musical appearances.

----------------------------------------------------------

CIRCLE SEATING:

PLATINUM CIRCLE RESERVED SEATING $165.00
(These seats are as close as you can get to the stage without being in the band!!)
The Platinum Ticket includes a private trip backstage after the concert. (They do not allow this very often so don’t break anything. ; - ) * Your Platinum Ticket also includes a special, bound book with stage sketches and drawings of the band members by Larry + photographs of the rehearsals in the studio and onstage + a CD of the rehearsals. There will be a reception after the conclusion of the concert.

GOLDEN CIRCLE RESERVED SEATING $135.00
(These seats are right behind the Platinum rows)
Your Golden Ticket includes a presentation folder with some sketches and photographs of the band rehearsing in the studio + a CD of the rehearsals. You are also invited to the reception.

SILVER CIRCLE RESERVED SEATING $115.00
(These seats are back behind the Golden rows)
The Silver Ticket includes a presentation folder with selected sketches, photographs of the band –and a few recorded selections from the rehearsals. Please stay after for the reception.

ALL THE PHOTOGRAPHS AND ALL THE SKETCHES ARE DIFFERENT WITHIN THE THREE DIFFERENT TICKET PRICES. THE CDs OF THE REHEARSALS WILL ALSO BE DIFFERENT WITHIN EACH DIFFERENT TICKET PRICE. WE WANT TO TRY AND LET EACH OF OUR “FRONT AND CENTER” GUESTS HAVE A UNIQUELY DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE.

GENERAL SEATING:

MAIN FLOOR, MIDDLE $45.00
Main Floor, Back Section $25.00

MEZZANINE BALCONY $45.00
Balcony, Back Section $25.00

FAMILY SEATING:
Price Categories

PARENTS ARE ONE PRICE
CHILDREN UNDER 21 ARE A LOWER PRICE
AND CHILDREN UNDER 13 ARE AN EVEN LOWER PRICE.

We will try to seat you near the aisle if you let us know you might have to go out and feed the baby or if your children might get restless and need access for a temporary departure.

SOLID ROCK WILL SELL ALL TICKETS IN ADVANCE
We will mail you the reservations.

==================================

There will be a two disc digital recording made of the concert. When you go in, you can order it. It will be finished before you leave the theater. (High Tech Speed Burners.)

When you receive your RESERVATIONS in the mail, we will also be sending the information you need for the listing of hotels and motels, a city map, transportation information to and from the airport. Please order your tickets as early as you can because we will only sell tickets up until a few days before the concert because we can’t guarantee delivery of tickets through the mail without a normal USPS window.

We have Block Booked the tickets. If you call the Elsinore and try to book seats with a credit card, they will only be able to give you onesies or twosies in random locations. If you order your concert tickets from us, you can choose the section where you would like to sit. We expect the best seats to be sold out in the next 2 or 3 weeks.

THE DAY AFTER $100.00

The day after the concert, on Saturday June 25th, we will be celebrating Party Gras (ACTUALLY Larry–Gras) at the band’s residence. (No Alcohol Will Be Served.)

Your party invitation will guarantee that you can attend. We will even pick you up at the downtown Grand Hotel. There will be music, food and beverages, Larryoke, yelling, shouting and laughing.

SPACE WILL BE LIMITED, OUT OF NECESSITY, BECAUSE OUR HOUSE AND DECK WILL ONLY HOLD JUST SO MANY JESUS FREAKS, YA KNOW.

Steve Pettis will once again be catering the meal for all of us. The food should even be tastier and more fun than it was last time.

It’s Summer, and so if you’re going to stay over on Sunday, there’s church. And if you’re going to stay over on Monday and leave on Tuesday (or Monday night) Larry wants to invite you to take a little tour of Salem. (It’s free.) ... and then eat at the Greek Restaurant with him. If you have never eaten Greek food before, he will order for you. We will be providing Greek music for this enjoyable last meal of the long weekend.

This is probably a once in a lifetime "event". Larry has never done this before and most likely won’t do it again. But he felt he was well enough to do some concerts this year and wants to share his family with you on Saturday, a celebration with you on Sunday and his town with you on Monday.

Someone’s going home from the party with Larry’s electric guitar because we’re going to auction off stuff from his whole career. A 1/4” reel–to–reel master tape of Only Visiting This Planet. Maybe his black leather jacket. Snakeskin boots. The Solid Rock Army Jeep. Whatever you want.

We have no idea.

Why don’t you tell us what YOU might want.

Email us a list of things you think have some value and we will go searching through the clothes closet, archives and instrument storage. Write to us at:

auction@larrynorman.com

We hope to see you at the concert.

Love,

Kristin and Silver

06-11-2005 07:18 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

compare that with... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

MONTY PYTHON'S SPAMALOT
Shubert Theatre
225 West 44th Street
west of Broadway

Telling the legendary tale of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table and the quest for the Holy Grail, in song, "Monty Python's Spamalot" features a chorus line of legless knights, men in tights (with legs), killer rabbits and sexy dancing divas creating some of the most unforgettable musical production numbers you will ever see in the theatre on this evening! Directed by Tony and Academy Award-winner Mike Nichols and starring David Hyde Pierce ("Fraiser"), Tim Curry ("Rocky Horror Picture Show") and Hank Azaria ("The Simpsons"), this world premiere, Broadway engagement features a book by "Python" Eric Idle, lovingly ripped off from the screenplay of the acclaimed "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" film with a new score featuring music and lyrics by Eric Idle and John Du Prez.

Schedule and Price Information
All prices include service charge and handling fee

Evening Performances
Tue at 7pm
Wed thru Sat at 8pm
Orchestra $185 and Up
Box Seats $185 and Up
Mezzanine
Rows A - G $185 and Up
Rows H - K $155 and Up
Balcony
Rows A - F $135 and Up
Rows G - J $125 and Up

Matinee Performances
Wed and Sat at 2pm
Sun at 3pm
Orchestra $185 and Up
Box Seats $185 and Up
Mezzanine
Rows A - G $185 and Up
Rows H - K $155 and Up
Balcony
Rows A - F $135 and Up
Rows G - J $125 and Up

06-11-2005 07:20 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
sirjakeyjake
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 07-12-2005

This makes me sick...

I was offered a pair of front row tix w/the BBQ add-on, and I TURNED THEM DOWN. Confused

What's worse is, I live about 20 miles from the Elsinore...the place where I saw Undercover and Flock 14 for my first/only time...

and we are the dreamers of dreams."
-------------Willy Wonka-------------
07-12-2005 01:14 sirjakeyjake is offline Send an Email to sirjakeyjake Search for Posts by sirjakeyjake Add sirjakeyjake to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Thread Starter Thread Started by DaLe

quote:
Originally posted by sirjakeyjake
This makes me sick...
I was offered a pair of front row tix w/the BBQ add-on, and I TURNED THEM DOWN. Confused
What's worse is, I live about 20 miles from the Elsinore...the place where I saw Undercover and Flock 14 for my first/only time...

Confused

07-12-2005 08:28 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

did ayone hear (outside of Larrys site) how that show went on the 24th?

here it sounds a bit up and down...
http://www.christianitytoday.com/music/n...arrynorman.html

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-12-2005 08:59 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
did ayone hear (outside of Larrys site) how that show went on the 24th?

here it sounds a bit up and down...
http://www.christianitytoday.com/music/n...arrynorman.html

Crying i am so sorry that i missed this. i talked to Larry about 5 years ago at Cstone. He said some funny things about Japanese food. i probably won't see him again down here.
07-12-2005 10:46 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Myron Myron is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 11-03-2004

Larry's Salem Concert Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I attended Larry's concert in Salem in June. It was quite interesting on many levels. The Elsinore theatre is a pretty cool setting for a concert for starters, it had been years since I'd seen Larry performance in a non-Church venue. The concert was quite different from his ussual concert because of all the variety. They used multi-media, i.e. before and after sets a screen dropped down and they showed clips of Larry throughout his career, including part of a video with his old band People from the sixties, a video of him with DC Talk, footage of a TV interview in Australia in the 70's, a clip of his son in Nashville accepting Larry's induction into the Gospel Music Hall of Fame, etc. Larry had many different guests throughtout the evening, including a girl that did a duet with him, two young girls who played banjo and mandolin for a bluegrassish type set, part of a blind African choir, an incredible blues guitarist for a rootsy blues set, Frank Black of the Pixies for a duet and to play guitar along with Larry's brother Charly and his band Softcore, and a brilliant guest pianist during the piano set. Larry did some costume changes for the various sets, including a tuxedo for the piano set.
Larry had trouble remembering his own lyrics on some of the songs, although he didn't seem to have trouble with the cover songs he sang!
The following day there was a fundraising BBQ at his brother's place, where he auctioned off various memorabilia including guitars, clothing and even master reel to reel tapes for some of his classic albums. It was certainly a memorable weekend.

Myron
09-08-2005 01:06 Myron is offline Send an Email to Myron Search for Posts by Myron Add Myron to your Buddy List
freak freak is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-270.jpg

Registration Date: 11-13-2003

wow the tall one is famous...

CT is using his site as a link!?!

Cool

http://www.banophernalia.com/norman1995.JPG

~f

dit, dit, doo
07-12-2005 09:11 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Homepage of freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

I love larry, in that Brother in law kind of way....

07-12-2005 12:03 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

thanks for that personal look in, Myron.
It sounds similar to the article I read- am glad you got to see it first hand.
Blessings for Larry in his Spirit, body and Heart.

(though I think its only his body thats lacking right now...)

09-08-2005 07:41 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

Myron doesn't stop by often - but he's pretty cool. He really knows his stuff.

Good to see you around. I know you mostly lurk. Sounds like a really cool concert.

09-08-2005 10:03 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
Myron Myron is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 11-03-2004

Larry's Salem Concert Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Jevon the Tall
Myron doesn't stop by often - but he's pretty cool. He really knows his stuff.

Good to see you around. I know you mostly lurk. Sounds like a really cool concert.

Jevon, you should have gone down, in fact, I should have thought of inviting you. There were four of us that went down together from the Fraser Valley, we had a great weekend. I forgot to mention the classic moment at the barbque, Charly and his band Softcore had their instruments set up on the deck in the back yard, so there were some jam sessions going on, Larry performing Beattles tunes with the other guests etc., then after a spirited version of "The Rock That Doesn't Roll" the Salem police showed up and put an end to the party, now how rock'n'roll is that?

BTW, I was out in your neck of the woods last week, checking out downtown Vancouver, Gastown, Stanley Park etc. and staying at the Renessaince Hotel.
Thanks for characterizing me as "cool". My eight year old daughter told me I was cool the other day, because she like my shirt and that I was wearing sunglasses and had my baseball cap on backwards!
09-08-2005 11:04 Myron is offline Send an Email to Myron Search for Posts by Myron Add Myron to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Larry Norman DONATION CD

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH