Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Larry - Lucy I'm In Love » Lucy I'm In Love - Now Available » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lucy I'm In Love - Now Available
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Lucy I'm In Love - Now Available Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Check it out guys.. visit the webstore. Marty's new CD is now available.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-13-2005 01:07 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool! Cool

05-13-2005 04:57 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sweet! I will order ASAP (low on money this week but I will get it! )

05-14-2005 02:07 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Got my copy on order - I hope Marty sings lots. I loved his song from Alarma, I still sing it ... "Pictured her in a flowered dress and hat..." oh the memories.

Watch for a review coming soon - unless I don't like it, then I'll keep my pie hole shut for a few months. I liked the demos so, I'm hoping the CD is more of the same.

05-14-2005 22:54 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
ftg3plus4 ftg3plus4 is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-622.jpg

Registration Date: 04-15-2005

quote:
Originally posted by Jevon the Tall
Got my copy on order - I hope Marty sings lots. I loved his song from Alarma, I still sing it ... "Pictured her in a flowered dress and hat..." oh the memories.

Watch for a review coming soon - unless I don't like it, then I'll keep my pie hole shut for a few months. I liked the demos so, I'm hoping the CD is more of the same.

Actually, Marty doesn't sing at all on the demos -- that's someone else. I haven't heard any indication that he sings anywhere on the new disc either. Apparently his role is songwriter & multi-instrumentalist.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ftg3plus4: 05-23-2005 07:36.

05-23-2005 07:35 ftg3plus4 is offline Search for Posts by ftg3plus4 Add ftg3plus4 to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

We packaged up a few to send out yesterday along with a ton of
77s, Dogs and DA orders. But some should be seeing this CD in the
mail soon.

05-23-2005 10:43 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Aqua Green Toupee Aqua Green Toupee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-19-2004

I'm not gonna buy it until someone tells me what it's like!!!!!!!!!! Mad
05-23-2005 21:50 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

This has taken as long as a Boston CD to come out. I'm sure it's very good.

05-27-2005 10:24 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Perhaps Martys knowledge (an innocence) of the Horrendous Disc Delay became a template?

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
05-27-2005 10:59 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

WHOA!

I just checked my download date for the "I'm in Love" demo.

It was only April 17th....

(he heee)

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
05-27-2005 11:09 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

I would think some people should of recieved it by now,
not sure how many on the board ordered and can give a
review though, off hand.

05-27-2005 11:49 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Mine just arrived today, but I haven't had time to even listen to a second of it...watching 5 kids, 3 are mine...busy, busy, busy

05-27-2005 21:00 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

Larry review Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This is from the cdbaby website about the new Lucy I'm In Love. They have also hooked up some hi-fi sound samples to listen. It sounds good. We are lucky to have our favorite artists creating thoughtful music with insights from an older world wise perspective. I don't relate to the music of 20something punks of today. Life giving music is no longer a monopoly of angry young men. :

From cdbaby.com:

If you like Tom Petty grooves with a strong back beat, melodic harmonizing melodies (not Carpenters!!!), simple distorted guitar parts (not hard, heavy overpowering), well thought out lyrics, keyboard support and a professionally well produced CD, then buy this Larry CD.

Larry is Marty Dieckmeyer and Glen Lystne. Marty was the original bassist from the Christian rock band Daniel Amos. Glen Lystne was the cofounder of Citizen Joe.
Marty and Glen's mutual love of music found themselves assisting each other on each others project. The result is this well written and recorded collection of acoustic rock tunes recorded in their home studios. With help from Dave Raven, joining in on drums, and Marty's tasteful bass parts, the groove was set for the melodic vocals of Glen Lystne and the simple crunchy guitar parts. Glen's love of the B-3 is tastefully interlaced on various tracks. With help from Bob Salcedo's (Jackson Brown, Sheryl Crow, Wall Flowers) in the final mixing department, the production is punchy, clean and professionally done.

"It's difficulty these days to want to perform and record music while being married with kids, keeping a job, having a relationship with God, and staying in love with one woman. These songs represent that struggle, one I'm sure many can relate to".
06-02-2005 16:21 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
Administrator

Yeah cool review. The album is really good, people should
give it a listen.

06-03-2005 10:59 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve
This has taken as long as a Boston CD to come out. I'm sure it's very good.

LOL! Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
06-13-2005 15:27 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Sounds like a great album, I sure do love a mean B-3 (llike Phil Madeira).

I will buy this album. If a bunch of the new stuff is available and isn't sold out by the time our Dogs show happens, I will buy it then. If not, I will order it from the DA webstore when the MBDDVD makes it out so I can get it and a few other things I have been holding off on. (We did preorder the Jubal disc).

Looking forward to hearing this one! Can't remember if I listened to the samples or not; seems like I did and thought it was pretty good stuff.

Got a few miles left ...

06-13-2005 15:31 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

Did get mine, and have been trying to give it a solid listen but keep getting distracted. It's pretty good from the bits I've heard. It's nice to hear older farts play good pop ... since they know how to do it properly.

Speaking of Phil M. Jeff Elbel's new one coming out soon, has a lot of Phil on it, very tasty.

Marathon records for more info soon.

06-18-2005 23:30 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Jevon the Tall
Did get mine, and have been trying to give it a solid listen but keep getting distracted. It's pretty good from the bits I've heard. It's nice to hear older farts play good pop ... since they know how to do it properly.

Speaking of Phil M. Jeff Elbel's new one coming out soon, has a lot of Phil on it, very tasty.

Marathon records for more info soon.

Cool news!

We saw Phil M. at the Choir CD release party thing and he said he had a lot of tunes in the can, overall somewhat dark, but didn't really offer a lot of hope for them seeing daylight anytime soon. Crying He strongly advised getting some Brooks Williams that he worked with.
www.brookswilliams.com
www.philmaderia.com

I wonder if this will ever come (or already came?) to fruition?:
March 2003:
"The Roe/Miner/Holt/Madeira jam is real nice, still honing in on lyrics to the groovy tracks. Mike and I will hopefully have it done by July."

I wish I could have seen him with Buddy Miller when they came through our town, but it was bad timing. Crying

Sorry, Marty, back to the regularly scheduled program. Red Face
I honestly do intend to get this project as soon as MBDDVD is available too.

Got a few miles left ...

06-21-2005 10:05 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Administrator

Thats generaly how things work, I have a feeling a lot of people
will wait and order both. Releases tend to strengthen each other.

Thats why the Uncle Stonehill site never did too well.

06-21-2005 13:13 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Yeah I am gonna buy both at the same time.

06-21-2005 17:24 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Larry - Lucy I'm In Love » Lucy I'm In Love - Now Available

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH