Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Eddies cover/title winner... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Eddies cover/title winner...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
NonProphet NonProphet is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

Eddies cover/title winner... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

For those of you who saw my impromptu response to the "name the Eddies CD" threat.. I mean thread... the winner is...

"Swirls Before Pine."

Remember, you saw it here on the DAMB first...

04-10-2005 14:57 NonProphet is offline Send an Email to NonProphet Homepage of NonProphet Search for Posts by NonProphet Add NonProphet to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Shocked

04-10-2005 14:59 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Awesome. Will it be scratch and sniff?

04-10-2005 15:36 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Esculent Eskimo

Thread Starter Thread Started by NonProphet
eeewww! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Actually, it's worse than that. Remember that lickable wallpaper in Willy Wonka...?
Big Grin

04-10-2005 16:01 NonProphet is offline Send an Email to NonProphet Homepage of NonProphet Search for Posts by NonProphet Add NonProphet to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Tongue

04-10-2005 16:04 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

RE: Eddies cover/title winner... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by NonProphet
For those of you who saw my impromptu response to the "name the Eddies CD" threat.. I mean thread... the winner is...

"Swirls Before Pine."

shouldn't it have the faces of the eddies peeking out from somewhere? Tongue

04-10-2005 16:04 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Esculent Eskimo

RE: Eddies cover/title winner... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's hard to see, but they're all peering out of the vent holes in the porta-pottys.

04-11-2005 07:50 NonProphet is offline Send an Email to NonProphet Homepage of NonProphet Search for Posts by NonProphet Add NonProphet to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Question RE: Eddies cover/title winner... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

"Swirls Before Pine."

is this for reals? Confused

Tongue Confused

Cool
04-11-2005 14:16 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Toque Boy Toque Boy is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 12-08-2002

quote:

"Swirls Before Pine."

Do not take this the wrong way - I love this cover and title idea. But I look at it and think Northern Records - like a Cush cover. Maybe it is because something real is in such sharp focus. (Let's Spin - slightly disguised head shots swirling in red and green; Outdoor Elvis - blurry picture of some guy; Berry Vest - disturbing picture of someone).
04-11-2005 15:07 Toque Boy is offline Send an Email to Toque Boy Search for Posts by Toque Boy Add Toque Boy to your Buddy List
Esculent Eskimo

Good day, Toque Boy!

I see your point, but trust me... inside those porta-johns the Eddies are WAY out-of focus and disturbing. In fact, the tricky part is going to be coaxing them all out of those toilets long enough to actually make the record.*

*DISCLAIMER: I have nothing to do with The Eddies, this website, or anything official at all. I'm just a long-time fan who had a slow day at work. Having said that, if someone official wants to contact me about actually producing this cover, I'll do it for a patty melt and one of those green-and-red DA pins. I lost mine sometime in the 90s.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by NonProphet: 04-11-2005 15:29.

04-11-2005 15:28 NonProphet is offline Send an Email to NonProphet Homepage of NonProphet Search for Posts by NonProphet Add NonProphet to your Buddy List
Toque Boy Toque Boy is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 12-08-2002

quote:
I see your point, but trust me... inside those porta-johns the Eddies are WAY out-of focus and disturbing. In fact, the tricky part is going to be coaxing them all out of those toilets long enough to actually make the record.

LOL. Man I hate those porta-johns that mess you all up once you're inside! Big Grin
04-11-2005 15:31 Toque Boy is offline Send an Email to Toque Boy Search for Posts by Toque Boy Add Toque Boy to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Toque Boy
quote:

"Swirls Before Pine."

Do not take this the wrong way - I love this cover and title idea. But I look at it and think Northern Records - like a Cush cover. Maybe it is because something real is in such sharp focus. (Let's Spin - slightly disguised head shots swirling in red and green; Outdoor Elvis - blurry picture of some guy; Berry Vest - disturbing picture of someone).

so are you saying that northern records is putting out the new eddies album? Shocked

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

04-11-2005 15:58 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Gray dot kind of did some covers like that too. I don't know if you ever heard of My Friend Stephanie but it reminded me of that one Cush cover only funnier. Bill Campbell of the throes worked a lot with My Friend Stephanie Big Grin

04-11-2005 17:06 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...4718160843&rd=1

04-11-2005 17:09 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
quote:
Originally posted by Toque Boy
quote:

"Swirls Before Pine."

so are you saying that northern records is putting out the new eddies album? Shocked

Hey, if they want to fund it - they can send us an email...

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-11-2005 17:25 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Let's all write Northern Records and ask them to fund the new Swirling Eddies Smile )

04-11-2005 17:30 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

quote:

"Swirls Before Pine."

Camarillo and the gang should actually use this: I like it! Cool
04-11-2005 20:48 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Eddies cover/title winner...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH