Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Zoom daddy » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Zoom daddy
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Lucy Lucy is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-16-2002

Hmmmmm.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

First of all
that Dead song in question is I think shade of Grey? No not the Choir album, but the Dead song. It does stick in the head a bit. Not my fav, but still good. My Favorite Dead tune would be Cumberland Blues, FREAKIN GREAT TUNE!!!!
Secondly,
I always thought that Shotgun angel was a mix between the Eagles and the Dead, there dead like moments on the LD as well(IMO)
Thirdly
"Never been high" You good boy, you....I can't say that however there are several years of my life where I coud've said that I wasn't ever not high....Not an advertizement just a factWink
Lucy

PS if you like the dead and dig bluegrass, go find yerself some Old and In the Way(a side bluegrass band of Jerry's, very good s tuff!!!)

Lucy/Jonny
07-23-2002 12:49 Lucy is offline Send an Email to Lucy Homepage of Lucy Search for Posts by Lucy Add Lucy to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

agreed.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

however I do prefer the Floyd to the Dead when I'm in "that" mood. Cool

07-23-2002 13:15 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by servantsteve
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Lucy
First of all
that Dead song in question is I think shade of Grey
I think the title you're looking for is "Touch of Gray"
Here's a link to the lyrics- Touch of gray

07-23-2002 13:42 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jc

ps trivia- I just DISCOVERED the TST tune with Alice Cooper in it
anyone anyone??????

Well, Bob Dylan he can't free you
And John Lennon can't see what's inside of you
And Alice Cooper can just freak you
He can't show you the way or lead you

07-23-2002 13:59 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve
I think Ripple is the best Grateful dead tune. the Dead never seemed that far from the kingdom.
there' a tribute album to the Grateful Dead called Deadicated where Jane's addiction does a very good version of Ripple.
You don't need to be stoned to love the music of the Grateful Dead, but you do need to be in a mellow mood, IMHO.

SS,
You're not far from the Kingdom! Ripple is the greatest Dead tune of all time. An awesome, spiritual song.
LK-9

07-23-2002 15:44 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Lost Canine
SS,
You're not far from the Kingdom! Ripple is the greatest Dead tune of all time. An awesome, spiritual song.
LK-9
Cool
A few years ago my girlfriend saw some Grateful Dead CDs on sale and bought them for me because she knew I liked the Dead, not knowing one Dead CD from another. It turned out she bought me American Beauty and Workingman's Dead. I married her, of course.

07-23-2002 15:48 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Disjasked Lerna

SS,
Have you visited http://gdradio.com/ ? It's an awesome way to listen to the Dead.
LK-9

07-23-2002 15:56 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
SS,
Have you visited http://gdradio.com/ ? It's an awesome way to listen to the Dead.
LK-9
Cool link- but I have to try it at home- streaming audio at work could get me in trouble with the bandwidth police.

07-23-2002 16:00 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
quote:
SS,
LK-9
Cool link- but I have to try it at home- streaming audio at work could get me in trouble with the bandwidth police.

I think you'll enjoy it, if you are a true Dead fan. I listen to it a lot of the time while writing sermonsPleased LK-9

07-23-2002 16:02 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Lucy Lucy is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Dead again... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Lk-9
I wish I lived out your way, I would be a "dead"icated member of your body...sorry couldn't resist.
As to Ripple, yea it's a great tune, but not my fav. My two favorite albums by them are American Beauty & Workingman's Dead of course though. I really do think that Scenic Routes has many deadlike moment on it, and I also think that Black Gold Fever sort of rings of it as well.
Good Times, Good Times....
Lucy AKA Jonny Edwards
07-23-2002 18:06 Lucy is offline Send an Email to Lucy Homepage of Lucy Search for Posts by Lucy Add Lucy to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Lk-9
I wish I lived out your way, I would be a "dead"icated member of your body...sorry couldn't resist.
As to Ripple, yea it's a great tune, but not my fav. My two favorite albums by them are American Beauty & Workingman's Dead of course though. I really do think that Scenic Routes has many deadlike moment on it, and I also think that Black Gold Fever sort of rings of it as well.
Good Times, Good Times....
Lucy AKA Jonny Edwards

Jonny,
I think that Scenic Routes is the most "dead" like LD album. I love it. I would love to have you in our "dead"icated body! Most of our Body is dead anyway, but that's another story.
LK-9

07-23-2002 18:08 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Lucy Lucy is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Lost Dogs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Oh yea, the first time I told my wife about the Lost Dogs I described them as a combo of CSNY & The Dead, this was just after Scenic Routes came out. I feel that the Dogs have sort of trancended that vibe by now, not left it just added to it.
The first time I saw the Dogs at C-Stone 93???I think I almost felt like I was at a dead show, there was the Patchouli, the smiling long hairs, but no cloud of sweet smelling smoke in the air, and a good thing too...I think
Jonny
07-23-2002 18:10 Lucy is offline Send an Email to Lucy Homepage of Lucy Search for Posts by Lucy Add Lucy to your Buddy List
Lucy Lucy is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

how do I get the stars by name??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Crying
How man posts do I have to do before I get those nifty stars by my name?
off topic I know but I just think that's cool stuff.....
Jonny
07-23-2002 18:13 Lucy is offline Send an Email to Lucy Homepage of Lucy Search for Posts by Lucy Add Lucy to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Crying
Jonny

I think maybe at 100 they start, cannot remember that far back, sorry.

07-23-2002 18:22 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

quote:
quote:
Crying
Jonny

I think maybe at 100 they start, cannot remember that far back, sorry.

It's 100 posts. At 250 you get a second star and at 500 a third. And I'm almost there!!!

-- taotp
07-23-2002 18:34 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
I also think that Black Gold Fever sort of rings of it as

yeah!

Big time Smile

(pleaase don't murder me! Wink )

07-25-2002 16:51 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
I also think that Black Gold Fever sort of rings of it as

yeah!

Big time Smile

(pleaase don't murder me! Wink )

"Black gold fever", my momma said

ok, who all can sing this one word for word?

I loved this one as a youth(cuz there wern't much else out there at the time)and wore the groves almost through to the other side!

ok, so I had no life then either Roll Eyes

BD
07-25-2002 21:55 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

Zoom Daddy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Finally came in the mail. I'm listening to it now. I'm amazed that even in parody, TST never confines himself to one style of music.
I see the same eclectic talent in Lost Dogs, DA and TST solo projects. It was not as apparent in Sacred Cows but it was there as well.
After I ordered this CD, I realized I could have gotten it cheaper at rad rockers or at half@ebay. If you don't tell my wife, I won't.

07-29-2002 12:58 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

quote:
Finally came in the mail. I'm listening to it now. I'm amazed that even in parody, TST never confines himself to one style of music.
I see the same eclectic talent in Lost Dogs, DA and TST solo projects. It was not as apparent in Sacred Cows but it was there as well.
After I ordered this CD, I realized I could have gotten it cheaper at rad rockers or at half@ebay. If you don't tell my wife, I won't.

So how is your CD collection coming along?

-- taotp
07-29-2002 13:14 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Author of the Post
So how is your CD collection coming along?
-- taotp
So far, so good, although I'm buying CDs too fast to enjoy them. On the TST side, I've got the following now- Lost Dogs (Green room serenade and Little Red Riding Hood/Pray where you are), Daniel Amos- Mr Buechner's Dream, Terry Scott Taylor- Glimpses of grace and John Wayne, Swirling eddies- Sacred Cows and Zoom Daddy.
This round of CD buying has also led me to get some Adam Again and the Gene Eugene Tribute. I remembered how much I used to love Steve Taylor and bought some of his stuff too.
I'm trying to get some Mike Knott but the interest in Christian punk was rekindled getting me to buy Watashi Wa, War Rocket Ajax and Poor Old Lu.
I like to saturate myself in new music and I've bought to much stuff to properly saturate myself. I'm trying to cool it for awhile, but ebay is kind of becoming an obsession, too.
I have a pretty large collection but I have a hard time figuring out what to buy because I have weird tastes and I can't get a decent CCM station in this area. So I experiment by buying, which is expensive! (CCM is maybe a bad term- I mean Christian music that I enjoy in contemporary sytles like rock, punk, metal, techno and alternative...)

07-29-2002 13:40 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Zoom daddy

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH