Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » TST related Album of the Week - The Swirling Eddies / OE » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page TST related Album of the Week - The Swirling Eddies / OE
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by Eleanor
you don't get the picture Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by PuP
I'm too lazy to look it up:

What is a "white beach sepulchre"? Confused

and i'm just a cynic
talkin' 'bout a white bleached sepulcher
i'm bringin' ants to your picnic
they're feeding on a dead man's bones
12-29-2004 21:53 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Oh!

That doesn't actually help me.

I don't know what that means either! Confused

12-30-2004 00:42 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Main Entry: 1sep·ul·chre
Variant(s): or sep·ul·cher /'se-p&l-k&r/
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English sepulcre, from Old French, from Latin sepulcrum, sepulchrum, from sepelire to bury; akin to Greek hepein to care for, Sanskrit saparyati he honors
1 : a place of burial : TOMB
2 : a receptacle for religious relics especially in an altar

OH! I get it now!

"There once was a cynic talking 'bout a white bleached sepulchre."

I get it!

I love the DAmb!

Even El!!!

Big Grin

12-30-2004 00:44 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Tongue

12-30-2004 01:03 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by bereal
Can't comment on OE cuz I don't have it, but ZD was definitely great. What's wrong with you guys ~ I got ZD after the first few listens. Of course, as with all of Terry's work, I'm still in the process of getting ZD everytime I listen. All of his works are deep and most songs have so many layers that I don't know if we will ever really completely get any of them.

I don't think it's a matter of "getting it" but one of preference.

12-30-2004 06:45 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We could make ZD the CD of next week!

12-30-2004 06:46 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm not sure I'd want that.... Crying

Tongue Tongue Tongue

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
12-30-2004 07:44 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
OE is amazing though and it is my second favorite eddies disk Tongue Cricket, you still need to take a chance on the farm beetles.

I did hear Number Niner..and with modern "Goldwave" technology. you can listen to it backward- I think its even funnier.
Yes - I believe I am ready for the ultimate insult to my second favorite band - when it comes from my first favorite.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
12-30-2004 08:39 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Tongue Tongue Tongue

12-30-2004 10:51 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
We could make ZD the CD of next week!

As if this week wasn't all about ZD? Confused

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
12-30-2004 11:17 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

We need to do an OE song by song first. The lyrics are great Pleased

12-30-2004 11:54 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'd have to give "Driving in England" props for being the first TST song to totally knock me on my butt. That first verse is just about perfect:

Some people get so bored
They start turning into cannibals
Eat each other's hearts out
It's like the sacrifice of animals
Deep-freeze their own souls
Shut down their brains
I think the only way to go
Is against the grain

Big Grin

12-30-2004 11:57 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by carl
I'd have to give "Driving in England" props for being the first TST song to totally knock me on my butt. That first verse is just about perfect:

Some people get so bored
They start turning into cannibals
Eat each other's hearts out
It's like the sacrifice of animals
Deep-freeze their own souls
Shut down their brains
I think the only way to go
Is against the grain

Big Grin

It's great, straight-up lyrics and accessible in a rockin', popular sort of way for the masses.

And carl and I actually agreed that ZD is better than OE? I'm amazed. Shocked

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
12-30-2004 12:12 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Even I agree Shocked

12-30-2004 12:20 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Bluff calling time! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You love ZD that much?
Okay tough guys,
who wants to trade me their copy of Outdoor Elvis for my copy of Zoom Daddy?Evil

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 12-30-2004 16:26.

12-30-2004 16:13 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Shocked

12-30-2004 16:20 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Gentlemen, I submit that Terry IS beyond the Earth Household on this puppy. Pleased

You want to trade you copy of Darn Floor for my copy of Zoom Daddy smart guy? Red Face

12-30-2004 16:35 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

I am listening to Zoom Daddy and while it's great, I just don't enjoy it as much as Outdoor Elvis.

12-30-2004 19:36 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

quote:
quote:
Gentlemen, I submit that Terry IS beyond the Earth Household on this puppy. Pleased

You want to trade you copy of Darn Floor for my copy of Zoom Daddy smart guy? Red Face

Why would I want to do that when I already have both and such a bargain would only hurt one of us? Who do you think I am, the Mets??? Tongue

12-30-2004 20:15 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
quote:

Why would I want to do that when I already have both and such a bargain would only hurt one of us? Who do you think I am, the Mets??? Tongue

Well, are you? Evil

12-30-2004 20:22 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » TST related Album of the Week - The Swirling Eddies / OE

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH