Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » How Did YOU Discover Terry Taylor? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page How Did YOU Discover Terry Taylor? 4 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Posts in this Thread Author Date
« Previous Page
 RE: How Did YOU Discover Terry Taylor? Berger Roy Al 12-20-2004 15:14
 RE: How Did YOU Discover Terry Taylor? audiori 12-20-2004 17:23
 Ld Eis 12-20-2004 21:46
 RE: How Did YOU Discover Terry Taylor? dennis 12-20-2004 21:50
 Praise 105 Eis 12-21-2004 10:07
 RE: Praise 105 PuP 12-21-2004 11:47
 RE: Praise 105 dennis 12-21-2004 21:25
 RE: How Did YOU Discover Terry Taylor? dennis 12-20-2004 21:54
 RE: How Did YOU Discover Terry Taylor? dennis 12-20-2004 22:17
 RE: How Did YOU Discover Terry Taylor? PuP 12-20-2004 22:38
 RE: How Did YOU Discover Terry Taylor? PuP 12-20-2004 22:39
 RE: How Did YOU Discover Terry Taylor? dennis 12-20-2004 22:39
 RE: How Did YOU Discover Terry Taylor? Berger Roy Al 12-21-2004 09:03
 RE: How Did YOU Discover Terry Taylor? carl 12-21-2004 09:12
 RE: How Did YOU Discover Terry Taylor? Berger Roy Al 12-21-2004 09:15
 RE: How Did YOU Discover Terry Taylor? carl 12-21-2004 10:29
 RE: How Did YOU Discover Terry Taylor? Jad 06-07-2005 20:53
 RE: How Did YOU Discover Terry Taylor? BuckarooBanzai 06-14-2005 15:41
 RE: How Did YOU Discover Terry Taylor? Scrimshaw Nick 06-16-2005 21:35
 Outdoor Elvis luthien1121 06-17-2005 01:10
Next Page »

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

Registration Date: 02-14-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, Mommy?

12-20-2004 15:14 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Maybe it's the painkillers, but I think....
It all makes sense...Berger is Mo Trucker, French cheese eating
catwoman and drummer for Byron Duncan.

Hey berger did you play on that "My name is Byron D, and I'm
a screamin machine...I like tearin up up, I like it loud if it's clean.."
song? Can't rememember the name off hand....

But it rocks!!!! man it Rocks!!!

The Place To Be

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-20-2004 17:23 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Ld Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I picked up Green Room Serenade Part 1 at a local Christian bookstore because it was on sale, the cover was cool, and Derri's name was on it (I had heard him through COAH). Loved it immediately. Later, I saw Mr. Buechner's Dream, which had just been released. Passed over it for Summershine by VOL, because I was afraid MBD was country. Later still, heard "Ordinary-Extraordinary Day" on the radio, and then ran out and bought MBD. Been a TST fan ever since (and have picked up quite a bit, mostly on cassete, from TST, DA, SE, and LD). Smile )

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Eis: 12-20-2004 21:46.

12-20-2004 21:46 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

You heard DA on the radio?Shocked

What station??? Confused

12-20-2004 21:50 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Praise 105 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dennis

What station??? Confused

A local station in Hampton Roads, VA. It's a CCM Adult Contemporary station, but they used to have a Saturday night show where they played stuff that the "young persons" might like; most of it was pretty crappy too, but it was alternative rock stuff instead of Sandi Patti. Anyway, the DJ would play stuff that was requested and he actually started a segment called "lost oldie" of the week where he would play old Christian rock from the 70s and 80s.

One night, he played Ordinary-Extraordinary Day (not as a lost oldie, being new). The only time it was ever played, but I was there and heard it. Sometimes, I think maybe God engineered for it to be played that night, because it convinced me to go get MBD. Only time it ever played, and led me to become a TST fan... Cool
12-21-2004 10:07 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Thumb Up! RE: Praise 105 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Eis
quote:

What station??? Confused

A local station in Hampton Roads, VA. It's a CCM Adult Contemporary station, but they used to have a Saturday night show where they played stuff that the "young persons" might like; most of it was pretty crappy too, but it was alternative rock stuff instead of Sandi Patti. Anyway, the DJ would play stuff that was requested and he actually started a segment called "lost oldie" of the week where he would play old Christian rock from the 70s and 80s.

One night, he played Ordinary-Extraordinary Day (not as a lost oldie, being new). The only time it was ever played, but I was there and heard it. Sometimes, I think maybe God engineered for it to be played that night, because it convinced me to go get MBD. Only time it ever played, and led me to become a TST fan... Cool

Very cool!

12-21-2004 11:47 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

RE: Praise 105 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by PuP
quote:
Originally posted by Eis
quote:

What station??? Confused

Very cool!

Awesome story! Pleased

12-21-2004 21:25 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sometimes I worry about my "all things Terry" obsession. It seems unhealthy. Confused

12-20-2004 21:54 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

...that and Tetris truth be told! Shocked

12-20-2004 22:17 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
PuP

At least you avoided that Mini-Putt addiction! Big Grin

12-20-2004 22:38 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
PuP

I'm kind of curious about the radio station that plays MBD, too!

12-20-2004 22:39 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Yes I did! Pleased

It was touch and go there for awhile there, however! Pleased

12-20-2004 22:39 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

Then I was right, Mommy?

12-21-2004 09:03 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Maybe I could answer that if you'd just speak.... wait, on second thought, never mind.... Evil

Tongue

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
12-21-2004 09:12 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

quote:
Wait. I'm Mo Tucker the drummer? THAT Mo Tucker? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAgGGGGgccxxkkk! I'm Mo Tucker! ... ... Why am I Mo Tucker?

12-21-2004 09:15 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Berger Roy Al
quote:
Wait. I'm Mo Tucker the drummer? THAT Mo Tucker? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAgGGGGgccxxkkk! I'm Mo Tucker! ... ... Why am I Mo Tucker?

OK. Fine. Tongue The trash-can thing. You know, her original drum set with the Velvets. If you figured out the whole rest of it , that part should've been easy.... Red Face

Tongue Tongue Tongue

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
12-21-2004 10:29 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Jad
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 06-21-2002

I was lucky enough to have a very cool uncle. He gave me a tape that had "Vox Humana" on one side and In 3-D's "No Glasses Needed" on the other.

Strangely he copied Side 2 of Vox Humana before Side 1. Ever since it's been uncomfortable listening to it the right way around.

I hammered that orginal tape good.........
06-07-2005 20:53 Jad is offline Send an Email to Jad Search for Posts by Jad Add Jad to your Buddy List
BuckarooBanzai BuckarooBanzai is a male
Normal Noggin

images/avatars/avatar-582.jpg

Registration Date: 12-05-2004

Back in the '80s, I picked up Fearful Symmetry when it came out. This album was really an eye-opener, as the music was much more interesting and challenging than the typical teen-agey CCM. Then I got to take a road trip with the youth pastor to one of those "hide the beer" colleges. He has been a Terry Amos fan since the 70's, and I got to hear Vox Humana and a couple other albums while on the road.

When the Swirling Eddies arrived on the scene, I showed my pastor the full-page ad in CCM Magazine. He told me later that the Eddies were actually a mutation of DA. After hearing the album, I said, "No wonder they're using aliases."

Now almost twenty years later, high-school kids still listen to syrupy, easy-listening CCM, while I play the ancient DA, Alarm, etc. Hope I get a walker and a bottle of Geritol for Christmas. Also, having monitored this board for a while, it appears some of our Swriling Amos friends have lost what's left of their minds. But that really won't be a problem unless they dig up their spandex.

06-14-2005 15:41 BuckarooBanzai is offline Send an Email to BuckarooBanzai Search for Posts by BuckarooBanzai Add BuckarooBanzai to your Buddy List
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

A friend of mine let me listen to part of Vox Humana in tenth grade ('87) and I was hooked. Nothing like I'd heard in the Christian market. My mentor gave him copies of Fearful Symmetry along with VH. I was angry that Ian (our mentor) didn't give me the copies that he gave my friend. I searched the good Christian bookstore relentlessly. Since then, I've picked up everything I could on CD.

Also, I looked up who Billy Blake was from the song on Vox Humana. I fell in love also with his art and poetry. Finding so much so quickly was such an awakening for me. I began to stand out more awkwardly than I already did in high school. "What in the world are you reading? And what the hell is that "music" you're listening to?"

Be thankful regardless of a neglectful mentor on the Message Boards

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
06-16-2005 21:35 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
luthien1121 luthien1121 is a female
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 06-19-2003

Outdoor Elvis Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

When I was in high school (late 80's/early 90's), one of the youth workers introduced me to lots of great stuff like Steve Taylor and the Swirling Eddies. He loaned me Meltdown and Outdoor Elvis, and I was hooked on both Taylors. It was only several years later ('94?) when I started working in a Christian bookstore where the music buyer knew everything there is to know about music that I realized there was more. I picked up FS and DFBB in the bargain bin on cassette and was hooked. Tongue

06-17-2005 01:10 luthien1121 is offline Send an Email to luthien1121 Homepage of luthien1121 Search for Posts by luthien1121 Add luthien1121 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of luthien1121: luthien1013
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » How Did YOU Discover Terry Taylor?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH