Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Favorite 5 songs » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Favorite 5 songs 4 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Gabriel Syme Gabriel Syme is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-135.gif

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

Favorite 5 songs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We've recently had a couple of threads in which we gave our 5 favorite DA albums. While lying in bed last night not going to sleep, I wondered what songs I would pick if asked to name 5 of the many wonderful songs recorded by my favorite band. As an exercise in extreme compression of taste, I ask all of you, "Which are your 5 favorite songs by Daniel Amos?"

Naturally, I'll start.

1. Soon! (I cry every single time)
2. Author of the Story
3. The Double
4. Banquet at the World's End
5. When the Moonlight Sleeps
11-18-2004 15:11 Gabriel Syme is offline Search for Posts by Gabriel Syme Add Gabriel Syme to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i think i might agree with you on 1 and 2. 5 would be hard to rule out...

but Pool, Hats, Joel, Broken Ladders, Big Bite, Memory Lane, and and and

would have to be squeezed in too.

11-18-2004 15:22 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I simply can't pick 5. Frown

Every once in awhile I put Soon on repeat and just listen to it over and over. Makes me cry too sometimes. But then Terry's lyrics have a way of that. Have you ever just sat down and read some of them with no music? Great stuff! Crying Pleased

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
11-18-2004 15:36 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
drfong drfong is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 10-27-2004

Favorite 5 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

In no particular order...
Horrendous Disc
Memory Lane
Home Permanent
Neverland Ballroom
Traps, Ensnares

11-18-2004 15:54 drfong is offline Send an Email to drfong Homepage of drfong Search for Posts by drfong Add drfong to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of drfong: doctorfong
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Welcome DR! i am quite fond of your little town. Do you ever get ice cream at the little shop near the Festus statue?

H Disc is a great choice.

11-18-2004 16:07 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

How do you choose. Here's my list today...it will change tomorrow

1. Darn Floor Big Bite
2. It's The 80's (So Where's Our Rocket Packs)
3. Sleep Silent Child
4. (What's Come) Over Me
5. Note To Anna

11-18-2004 16:23 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

Mine change sometimes but, it is usually pretty close to this:

Sins of the Fathers
(What's come) over me
Hole in the World
My Beautiful Martyr
Walls of Doubt

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
11-18-2004 16:32 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

5) Ghost of the heart.
4) The Pool (Dr. Edt version..)
3) Darn Floor, Big Bite!
2) Fingertips
1) Earth Household.. Smile

11-18-2004 16:39 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

This is straight outta my ass, but here goes! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

1) The Earth Household
2) Half Light, Epoch & Phase
3) The Unattainable Earth
4) When everyone wore Hats
5) NeverLand Ballroom

11-18-2004 16:40 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Shocked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

SOYA?

11-18-2004 16:43 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

how can you pick 5??? Confused

11-18-2004 16:45 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

as of this moment in time........ Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

1. darn floor big bite
2. unattainable earth
3. author of the story
4. when everyone wore hats
5. pay for surf

11-18-2004 17:45 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Well... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Not sure I'm willing to commit to five.

But at the head of the parade, I'll say we're in good company with:

1. Soon
2. Author of the Story
3. When the moonlight sleeps

Tongue Wink
11-18-2004 19:05 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Question RE: This is straight outta my ass, but here goes! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
1) The Earth Household
3) Strong Points, Weak Points
5) NeverLand Ballroom

edit

Part two

11-18-2004 20:22 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

This is just DA, right?

Whenever Joel is playing, I stop what I am doing and listen. I cannot concentrate on anything else.

Soon! is probably my second-favorite DA tune.

Safety Net comes in third.

I have always liked Father's Arms. That string section at the end is great!

So I need a fifth. Song, that is. If You Want To? That's a good one. Or Faces to the Window, I like that. Maybe When Everyone Wore Hats. That part in Get Back Aboard the Bus, Aloha where the band goes temporarily insane is really cool. Meanwhile has the best bridge. I love the cowbell on Who's Who Here. Alarma! Author of the Story. Here I Am.

Aaaaargh! It's questions like this that drove Berger insane!!!!

11-18-2004 20:59 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Grand Encephalon

Tongue Father's Arms is high on my list Pleased

11-18-2004 21:24 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Even the rendition by the Boone sisters is pretty good.

11-18-2004 23:14 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Oh my, I forgot all about that Big Grin

11-18-2004 23:45 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Gabriel Syme Gabriel Syme is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-135.gif

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by Gabriel Syme

Yes, 5 is artificially limiting, but it made me think hard about it. My list changes frequently, though the one's I listed are always near the top. It leaves out songs I absolutely love like Ghost of the Heart, Mall (All Over the World), Walls of Doubt, A Sigh for You, Joel, (What's Come) Over Me, Pregnant Pause, Your Long Year, William, Hollow Man, It's the Eighties, If You Want To....................

I didn't know that Soon! topped so many people's lists. That's refreshing to know.
11-19-2004 07:08 Gabriel Syme is offline Search for Posts by Gabriel Syme Add Gabriel Syme to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

RE: This is straight outta my ass, but here goes! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
1) The Earth Household
3) Strong Points, Weak Points
5) NeverLand Ballroom

edit

Part two

This still seem pretty close.

11-19-2004 08:59 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Favorite 5 songs

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH