Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » DA - The Making of Buechners (DVD) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (19): « first ... « previous 13 14 [15] 16 17 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA - The Making of Buechners (DVD) 22 Votes - Average Rating: 9.1822 Votes - Average Rating: 9.1822 Votes - Average Rating: 9.1822 Votes - Average Rating: 9.18
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

(Video editing & computer brands side discussion moved to the General Off Topic section.... somehow it looks like we lost a couple of posts, but most of it is there).

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-28-2005 17:27 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You lost all my brilliant video editing "how to" posts Shocked Big Grin

07-30-2005 14:29 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

Don't even remember what they were...

The weird thing is we have a page we can go to to split a thread into two threads... all we do is select the posts we want to move and add a new thread name. I did that for this video discussion and it did everything correctly except it seems to have left a few posts behind - but they're not here either.. so, I don't know what it did with them. Maybe they got moved to some other thread somewhere....

Never had it do that before.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-30-2005 15:33 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

quote:
Originally posted by audiori

That's because I know nothing about video editing and kept my mouth shut Tongue Wink Big Grin

07-30-2005 15:59 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:

The weird thing is we have a page we can go to to split a thread into two threads... all we do is select the posts we want to move and add a new thread name. I did that for this video discussion and it did everything correctly except it seems to have left a few posts behind - but they're not here either.. so, I don't know what it did with them. Maybe they got moved to some other thread somewhere....

That's Okay! Dorfy can always use a few less posts! Tongue

07-30-2005 16:08 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Tongue

07-30-2005 16:33 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

So anyway, just to clear things up and give me another shameless post...I didn't really have any missing posts. I just wanted to sound smart Crying

07-30-2005 17:05 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
So anyway, just to clear things up and give me another shameless post...I didn't really have any missing posts. I just wanted to sound smart Crying

I didn't really care, but it seems like a good chance to get in a shameless post and make a little fun as well! Pleased

07-30-2005 17:47 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Well, I still think audiori should add 60 points to my post count for my trouble on this thread Big Grin

07-30-2005 18:01 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
Well, I still think audiori should subtract 60 points from my post count for my trouble on this thread Big Grin

I agree! Pleased

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 07-30-2005 18:30.

07-30-2005 18:29 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Evil Big Grin

07-30-2005 18:50 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Tongue

07-30-2005 18:55 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

Thumb Up! CooL Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

now you are going to have to split this thread again into a spltting thread / shameless posting thread, discussion... Roll Eyes

07-31-2005 16:11 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Then they might lose more of my posts Crying

OK, back on topic. Which DA member has the most sex appeal on The DVD? Big Grin

08-02-2005 11:31 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

i don't know if i'm qualified to speak to that, but i find men who are as clumsy as Mr. Sellers to be extremely attractive.
08-02-2005 11:43 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Grand Encephalon

Tongue

08-02-2005 12:48 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Hmmmm... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I really enjoyed watching this DVD. I just thought Chandler was going for the Japanese movie-dialogue-outta-sinc-thingy for laughs. Tongue

It was sweet to see that all the same credits as the album were shared at the end. To share that with my son Ethan who is now six was special--he was only two when the album came out.
08-02-2005 15:34 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

I watched it for the 2nd time last night.
Random observances....
Good thing it wasn't Mr. Taylor's Dream ("the head, the head" & partition-shaking farts)
I found it extremely educational - taking us into the studio
I've got the feeling that most studio experiences don't happen like that.. it seemed like they were "on the fly" with alot of the little additions & adjustments along the way. I assume most studio experiences have it all laid out going in.......but I really don't know
Frank Lenz is xxxxx-whipped
Don't get in Terry's face with a camera when he's using his little tape recorder
Tim Chandler smokes
Smoking was allowed in the Green Room
Chandler & Flesch are awesome musicians
What was the deal with Colbert's hands (flippers)?
Greg's acting was the weakest of the 4
These guys put together a musically beautiful album & I feel fortunate to have the CD & the DVD

08-04-2005 09:29 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

hi peawinkel -- since you mentioned it, i'll go ahead and speak up. actually we never have anything laid out before we go into the studio other than the most basic skeletal structure of a song (and sometimes terry already has lyrics but sometimes those come later too.) we have bits and peices of ideas for guitar parts and bass parts, etc., but most of what we do in the studio is on the fly. in fact, i personally try to leave as much room for improv as i can because i bore myself so easily with my own playing.

also, i quit smoking over two and a half years ago. Smile )
08-04-2005 09:43 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

We watched the Lost Dogs record parts for a Phil Madeira song once, and it was very much this sort of thing; Derri would start playing the song through the mixer. Then Mike might jump up at a certain point and say "I got an idea..", and he would run into the vocal booth and procede to sing some background vocal part he just thought the song needed. The other guys would react to that and say it was good or make suggestions. Then Derri would play the song back, and this tme maybe Terry might have an idea...he would go in and record his part, and so on. Usually it would be one or two takes, and usually they kept what they recorded. Occassionally the idea might be a goofy one, like mimicing a certain other performer or ridiculous style..whic would get howls of laughter from the other guys.

To me, as an observer, the buechners footage looked simlilar. The "Hey lets try this.." aproach. It probably does help keep a spontaneity and freshness, it probably does help create a better song in the sense that its more like the song dictating what it needs. With these guys having the experience and sensitivity to hear what the song is 'lacking' at a given point.

I am curious Tim, if it was always like this when you guys record or did things kinda grow to become like this after years of experience?

I also wonder how many bands work this way, or if its something that is not entirely unique but maybe a method used by more experienced session players?

08-04-2005 10:10 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Pages (19): « first ... « previous 13 14 [15] 16 17 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » DA - The Making of Buechners (DVD)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH