Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » DA - The Making of Buechners (DVD) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (19): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA - The Making of Buechners (DVD) 22 Votes - Average Rating: 9.1822 Votes - Average Rating: 9.1822 Votes - Average Rating: 9.1822 Votes - Average Rating: 9.18
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

WELL - MY TURN.

another way to "stop the madness" is to not EXCEPT the boot offered out.
has anyone done that?

I dont own a library of extensive material- but apparently theres a few things that I should not have....(yet) ... and I have not shared them since I read this thread.
I will say that no one has said to me- "here, beat the rush on this one, git it for free.."- so I am not sure of the foreknowelege of the giver..just as in one particular case I was not aware that the material was in any way exclusive. Until it was brought to my attention- I would have treated it as any other "thang" that we "charter members" seem to be privy to.

We've discussed good conscience before- the only way to best claim you're not a drunkard is to never drink.
same here- the only way to absolve is to not partake- as a giver or recipient.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-12-2005 15:54 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just heard... the missing piece for the Buechner's video that I mentioned above is on it's way to us and should arrive on Monday. We'll try to drop it into the video as fast as possible and get the guys a final edit to look over soon after.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-12-2005 18:31 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

I may as well chime in, and I'll probably have to ban myself. I have traded and or shared some bootleg stuff that I probably shouldn't have and I apologize for that (I'll say five Hail Marys and four Our Fathers). Some of the stuff I shared was supposedly was talked about almost twenty years ago that DA was going to put something out, and well I could only remain silent for 19.

I was glad to contribute the Cornerstone 84' video footage to BD, and thought he did a bang up job, and I hope the band benefited a little on that.

I guess it gets a little frustrating for some of the fans when things are told that new things are coming out and well, when you pre pay for something, one would think that something is in the works or coming out in a reasonable amount of time. Now don't everyone get upset with me! I have talked with you guys (J & E) at Cornerstone in the past about these issues.
I know there's a lot to do and things need to be just right, and I can accept that. Maybe certain projects shoudn't even be talked about until they are almost finished, that way there is great excitement (like you guys said) but when things drag on the excitment really diminishes. I know Terry has some things going on with Doug T. and that's great, he deserves a chance to make some steady dough.

I still say that there's got to be a way for the fans to help out, some way, some how!!!!!

Since I will now be banned, it has been a pleasure coming here and I will now be leaving,
I am going now....I've put this off far to long..........Good bye!

Commander Cote
04-12-2005 18:53 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

Eh? You're not going to be banned. Why are you leaving?

The delays are annoying to everyone.. as annoying as it is to a fan to hear something might be coming and for it to never come, it's a hundred more times annoying to the folks trying to make it come out. I don't know about anything that was talked about twenty years ago.. we had no involvement in any of it back then. We've only been involved with the releases a few yesrs, and for most of them it was under the direction of the manager. Now things are different, we are working directly with Terry.

I can say that there is a ton of things in the works at the moment.. they will all come out, but it's not financially possible (or sensible) to rush them all out at once.

There are ways for the fans to be helpful...

Generally, for the traded stuff... if theres something that is really cool historically, or amazing quality that everyone would enjoy - the best thing to do is to check and see if we (or the band) has a copy. If not, get it to us and we'll work on putting it out one way or another. That's generally more helpful than simply spreading it around for free. There's a good chance that we have never even seen it or heard it. We rarely have anyone send us anything... so if theres really cool stuff out there - check with us or Terry or Tim Chandler...he's easy to get ahold of here on the board.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-12-2005 19:02 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Shocked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Don't leave us Joe! Crying

04-12-2005 19:55 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Commander Cote
I may as well chime in, and I'll probably have to ban myself. I have traded and or shared some bootleg stuff that I probably shouldn't have and I apologize for that (I'll say five Hail Marys and four Our Fathers). Some of the stuff I shared was supposedly was talked about almost twenty years ago that DA was going to put something out, and well I could only remain silent for 19.

I was glad to contribute the Cornerstone 84' video footage to BD, and thought he did a bang up job, and I hope the band benefited a little on that.

I guess it gets a little frustrating for some of the fans when things are told that new things are coming out and well, when you pre pay for something, one would think that something is in the works or coming out in a reasonable amount of time. Now don't everyone get upset with me! I have talked with you guys (J & E) at Cornerstone in the past about these issues.
I know there's a lot to do and things need to be just right, and I can accept that. Maybe certain projects shoudn't even be talked about until they are almost finished, that way there is great excitement (like you guys said) but when things drag on the excitment really diminishes. I know Terry has some things going on with Doug T. and that's great, he deserves a chance to make some steady dough.

I still say that there's got to be a way for the fans to help out, some way, some how!!!!!

Since I will now be banned, it has been a pleasure coming here and I will now be leaving,
I am going now....I've put this off far to long..........Good bye!

Commander Cote

If you leave I'll kick your burro Evil

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dorfsmith: 04-12-2005 21:26.

04-12-2005 21:25 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Personally I think you are overreacting. We even said we were not really irritated with you but with a certain person that leaked various things in the first place.

There are degrees of all of this stuff. There are the things like Jeffrey is talking about, or the thing that happened to us with the Anahiem DVD which are close to malicious. There are things where people don't intend to cause harm but do. And there are things which are traded that cause no harm.

We said we really didn't mean what we said as an anti-trading thing, but more of a pro-future release type thing.

We all trade live shows and all that, that is one thing. It's entirely different to do as the guy that Jeffrey was talking about. There are some things which can be more harmful, even if the person doesn't realize it.

In the case of the Anahiem DVD, we were not irritated with those that recieved it and started trading it...they didn't realize the problem. We were irritated with the one that gave it to them, because he should of known better. We had contacted the people that had it and they willingly stopped trading it or took it off their lists. They realize the release of the DVD helps fund things. Which makes me wonder at the intentions of the guy that gave it to them. But anyway, Terry wants to release special edition reissues with lots of bonus material ...the talk right now is Horrendous Disc would be really cool to work on next. There is talk about working with Solid Rock on the idea. You may not realize the issue of spreading the tracks around but right now when it might actually happen...it can be more of an issue than before.

We are just appealing to people to use discretion. When Terry is looking to fund projects so there are less delays, the fans can be very supportive if they have things that would make a good release....share it with Terry not everyone else.

04-12-2005 22:41 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Personally I think you are overreacting. We even said we were not really irritated with you. . .

well, speak for yourself AJ, I am irritated with CC...
He hasn't traded me anything in at least a FeW Months Mad

04-13-2005 12:12 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Question his cool bootleg Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.

about the situation concerning the guy "and his cool bootleg"

The issue we had with this guy is that he claimed he filmed the show digitally on more that one camera, had apprently recorded the audio seperatly, and then took the time to edit it all together without the band ever knowing or getting any permission.

This situation was different, (at least in how it was presented and approched with the label) with the Dogs DVD bootleg....and it was stopped as a result.

so fast forward three odd years... is this situation "water under the Bridge"
I do not remember anyone offering this type of thing Confused on the boards
at least the CooL message boards that I go too Pleased
I am assuming this show was in Texas? Dallas? whacky... Roll Eyes

September 24, 2002
The Lost Dogs perform in Austin, TX at Calvary Worship Center
September 25, 2002
The Lost Dogs perform in Austin, TX at Gateway Community Church
September 26, 2002
The Lost Dogs perform in Houston, TX at Area 51
September 27, 2002
The Lost Dogs perform in Dallas, TX, at The Door
September 28, 2002
The Lost Dogs perform in Long Grove, IL at LifeOnTheVine
The entire show was filmed for a future DVD release.

Now that the offical DVD in Out of Print would it be o.k. to trade for
or have "THIS bootlegger" do a "$$ for the band" BigDork ® kind of thing for it?
a whole show from that tour would be CooL
has anyone HeRe seen the above mentioned DVD ?

04-13-2005 12:34 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

RE: his cool bootleg Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe

Now that the offical DVD in Out of Print would it be o.k. to trade for
or have "THIS bootlegger" do a "$$ for the band" BigDork ® kind of thing for it?
a whole show from that tour would be CooL

Part 1 isn't out of print Dale....

jeffrey k.

04-13-2005 13:16 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Text Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

oh yea, here it is. . .
http://www.christiandiscs.com/album.php?cd=dv000242

In my defense I remember talking to a Guy at Cornerstone '04
I think at the christian discs table Confused he mentioned that it was OOP
& that they had the only copies left...

plus: correct me if I am wrong, you could release it again without the audio
if you wanted to right? possibly with bonus material? maybe the whole show?

again: correct me if I am wrong,
you (& the LD) would prefer I (we) not seek out or trade for the above mentioned DVD boot ?

04-13-2005 14:09 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

quote:
oh yea, here it is. . .
http://www.christiandiscs.com/album.php?cd=dv000242

In my defense I remember talking to a Guy at Cornerstone '04
I think at the christian discs table Confused he mentioned that it was OOP
& that they had the only copies left...

plus: correct me if I am wrong, you could release it again without the audio
if you wanted to right? possibly with bonus material? maybe the whole show?

again: correct me if I am wrong,
you (& the LD) would prefer I (we) not seek out or trade for the above mentioned DVD boot ?

Dale...

I'll try to answer all the questions for you.....

Christian Discs and Tooth & Nail still have some copies...although Tooth & Nail may have sold out in the last month.

I can release it over and over without the CD (as I promised) as long as I pay proper song royalties to the fellas and Tooth & Nail where they are owed.... but I own all the footage. Big Grin There are ideas, and have been for some time about the possibility of a part 2 of the Chicago DVD that would focus on the songs and interview segments that were cut from part 1.

Yeah, it would be preferred if people left that guys bootleg alone. I have no idea how to contact him anymore, as he literally came and went in about 48 hours....not to mention that his posts were removed.

jeffrey k.

04-13-2005 14:39 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

RE: his cool bootleg Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

I have all his DVDs except maybe the DVD which is the one in question. I think (I could be wrong) that he is still not trading it. I'll have to check when I get home.

BD filmed the first show of that tour with three Dig8 cameras and traded for two more boots of the same show.... but the sound quality was so poor it made no sense to put the time in to make a DVD Crying Crying Crying Crying

it glows with warmth when you are a one man crew trying to do too much Roll Eyes
04-13-2005 14:44 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
Platyhelminth

quote:
as he literally came and went in about 48 hours.....

that's not quite true...
I have traded several boots with him over the years that he has posted on the various lists.

El'

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Eleanor: 04-13-2005 14:47.

04-13-2005 14:47 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by Eleanor
quote:

that's not quite true...
I have traded several boots with him over the years that he has posted on the various lists.

El'

So sorry....I should have said that as for this board, he SEEMED to have came and went in 48 hours. Roll Eyes

That better?

Since you know so much about this guy....who is he?

jeffrey k.

04-13-2005 16:47 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Platyhelminth

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by my momma Elle
quote:

that's not quite true...

El'

So sorry....I should have said that as for this board, he SEEMED to have came and went in 48 hours. Roll Eyes

That better?

Since you know so much about this guy....who is he?

jeffrey k.

Tongue

you are probably right about the DAmb. I ASSumed (me being the ass) you meant everywhere. sorry.

I hope you don't think I’m picking on you, I’m just trying to point out the other side to the story (even though I don't know all the details, just enough to be a pain). Like I said before, you've done a great deal for the Dogs and it is very much appreciated by us fans.

As far as who this guy is… I don’t have any info right in front of me and if I did, I don’t know that I should post it here since he himself no longer posts here. He does post to the da-dl on occasion. I’m really not trying to start an argument with you. I agree with a lot of your sentiments about your particular situation. It just seemed a little one sided to me, but that’s just my opinion wrong or right as it may be. Smile

It’s hard to “reign in” all of us over zealous fans who like to have everything we can get our hands on. Sorry about that… of course we are also the fans who buy Multiple copies of things so we have a back-up or so we can give out to the unaware. It’s a burden for both of us…. Wink

el
04-13-2005 18:06 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Chicago part 2 would be cool...
04-13-2005 22:16 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Chicago was a great band before they went the ballad route! Tongue

04-13-2005 23:06 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by Eleanor

you are probably right about the DAmb. I ASSumed (me being the ass) you meant everywhere. sorry.

I hope you don't think I’m picking on you, I’m just trying to point out the other side to the story (even though I don't know all the details, just enough to be a pain). Like I said before, you've done a great deal for the Dogs and it is very much appreciated by us fans.

Don't worry about it.....no harm, no foul.

jeffrey k.

04-13-2005 23:45 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
Chicago was a great band before they went the ballad route! Tongue

Roll Eyes
04-14-2005 11:07 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Pages (19): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » DA - The Making of Buechners (DVD)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH