Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Nineteen88 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Nineteen88 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Nineteen88 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Anyone else heard of this band? They are trying to bring back the 80's hard rock style reminiscent of AC/DC, with a little Stryper mixed in. I heard an MP3 on grassroots and then got the album. It's alot of fun; I'd say they are the most fun band in Christian music since Five Iron Frenzy broke up...and until the new Eddies album comes out. Big Grin It's worth checking out for anyone interested in the 80's anthem rock style. And for anyone recognizing the name Gaurdian, the lead singer of Nineteen88 is Jamie Rowe's brother, and Jamie and David Bach are involved with the album.
10-06-2004 11:12 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

RE: Nineteen88 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Eis
Anyone else heard of this band?

nope! sure haven't! Big Grin

and why is this on the on-topic side??? Confused Mad Roll Eyes

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Joey T.: 10-06-2004 11:17.

10-06-2004 11:16 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have, but I often find Mick to be somewhat arrogant. Jamie is always a gentleman.

Still I haven't heard it so I'll shut my yap. Glad to hear some likes what the guy is doing.

10-06-2004 11:19 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

Thread Starter Thread Started by Eis
RE: Nineteen88 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
quote:
Originally posted by Eis
Anyone else heard of this band?

nope! sure haven't! Big Grin

and why is this on the on-topic side??? Confused Mad Roll Eyes

80's...fun...Eddies...

Ok, so there's no real excuse...

but half the stuff in here isn't on-topic either.
10-06-2004 11:27 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

the Handsome Mick Rowe Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Stuart Pedasso
I have, but I often find Mick to be somewhat arrogant. Jamie is always a gentleman.

Still I haven't heard it so I'll shut my yap. Glad to hear some likes what the guy is doing.

I thought the arrogant thing was part of the act Shocked

Good music, but I guess you can't beat when you get great music and a great guy, like Terry Taylor or Bill Mallonee.
10-06-2004 11:30 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ok then.... if they sound anything like the eddies i'd like to hear it.... mp3s??? Big Grin

10-06-2004 11:30 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

whooops Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
ok then.... if they sound anything like the eddies i'd like to hear it.... mp3s??? Big Grin

didn't mean to mislead...they don't sound like the Eddies, they bring the element of fun to Christian music that is missing without the Eddies...most rock these days is angst...nineteen88 pretty much just sing about rock n roll itself. They've got a song that is the hokey pokey done heavy metal style, complete with putting fists, boots, metal in and out, as well as a song about the 80's (missing Stryper, rubicks cubes, jordache jeans and mullets, Back To The Future). If you're not a fan of that, the songs may get a little repetetive. You can check out a full MP3 at the grassroots link in the first post, and there is a link on that page to a media player with clips of the whole album.
10-06-2004 11:36 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

eddies good, stryper bad...... Wink but i'll check it out..

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Joey T.: 10-06-2004 11:52.

10-06-2004 11:39 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Hmm, if it's his schtick, then I'll cut him some slack - I've been curious about his stuff.

If you like Jamie's stuff, his new solo album and the London Calling stuff is really very good.

10-06-2004 12:56 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

I love Jamie Rowe Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Hmm, if it's his schtick, then I'll cut him some slack - I've been curious about his stuff.

If you like Jamie's stuff, his new solo album and the London Calling stuff is really very good.

I loved Guardian, and the Beautiful EP Jamie put out awhile back. Where's a good place to get the London Calling album? I didn't see it for sale on their website.
10-06-2004 16:06 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

Thumb Up! nice Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I checked out the bumper sticker song from Jamie, English and Spanish versions. I like the sound. It is also very cool that you get the Spanish and English version of the album all together. I'll have to pick that up sometime soon.
10-08-2004 09:54 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Roper Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Eis
since Five Iron Frenzy broke up....

http://www.roperisdumb.com

speaking of Five Iron Frenzy no more, I just saw Roper tonight. They were fun and the crowd had a great time. Too bad the music was so loud that it was just a distorted mess coming out of the speakers and even if you knew the songs you couldn't make out the words. Frown

the kids bouncing all over the place didn't seem to mind though. Roll Eyes

I think they played 3 FIF songs... it was hard to tell.

what's up with this Reese guy not signing anything? Confused (for those of you who know anything about Five Iron Frenzy)

anyway, it was a great way to remind me how old I am.
11-15-2004 23:29 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

I saw FIF a few time. They were OK.

11-15-2004 23:32 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Myron Myron is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 11-03-2004

RE: the Handsome Mick Rowe Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Still I haven't heard it so I'll shut my yap. Glad to hear some likes what the guy is doing.[/quote]

I thought the arrogant thing was part of the act Shocked

Isn't Mick the guy that's like....really really huge, kind of like John Candy?

Myron
11-16-2004 12:39 Myron is offline Send an Email to Myron Search for Posts by Myron Add Myron to your Buddy List
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Oh my stars and garters! It's Myron! Dude, welcome to the zoo. Slummin here on the DA board?

For those who don't know, Myron is probably one of Canada's nearly most knowledgeable guys on Larry Norman. Didn't you win like a shopping spree at Larry's site.

Glad to see you here.

And, uh - yeah - Mick is larger than life.

11-16-2004 14:38 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
Myron Myron is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

quote:
Oh my stars and garters! It's Myron! Dude, welcome to the zoo. Slummin here on the DA board?

For those who don't know, Myron is probably one of Canada's nearly most knowledgeable guys on Larry Norman. Didn't you win like a shopping spree at Larry's site.

Glad to see you here.

And, uh - yeah - Mick is larger than life.

Stuart, do I know you (virtually, I mean)? I'm not quite placing your name. I didn't quite win a shopping spree, just two CDs. I think Gunnar from Norway won the big one, he always wins, he won the Phydeaux Phan Klubb mystery tracks contest a few years back as well.

Thanks for blowing my cover, I've kind of got the impression that LN fans aren't all that welcome here!

Myron
11-16-2004 15:38 Myron is offline Send an Email to Myron Search for Posts by Myron Add Myron to your Buddy List
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

People here often confuse me with Jevon from banophernalia. Long story, but I once thought I'd be able to float an alias and not have people recognize me.

People (no pun) like to pick on the guy because of the perceived problems associated with HD. Whatever. I still like the guy, even with the 300 billion repackaged and rebalanced and different coloured covers.

Larry can rest on his laurels. He was pretty bloody good in his day.

(didn't mean to blow your cover. Heh heh)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Stuart Pedasso: 11-16-2004 15:58.

11-16-2004 15:56 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
Myron Myron is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

quote:
People here often confuse me with Jevon from banophernalia. Long story, but I once thought I'd be able to float an alias and not have people recognize me.

So you're not Jevon, then who are you? You got me curious now. We must of had some kind of contact.

Myron
11-16-2004 16:24 Myron is offline Send an Email to Myron Search for Posts by Myron Add Myron to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Angry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yeah, jevon's cool...Cool
pedasso is an .ass! Mad

11-16-2004 16:30 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Sheesh. Okay everyone but Myron close your eyes.

Closed.

I'm Jevon.

Shhhhhh.

Okay, open your eyes.

I've been outed! Crap and double crap.

11-16-2004 16:32 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Nineteen88

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH