Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » another friday! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page another friday!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
i'm gonna have to listen to that again.

hey, i'm missing some cds from when i moved 2 years ago. you people haven't seen any of 'em have you? i can't find my Thin White Rope cd...

what's Thin White Rope? Confused another treasure I am not aware of?? Pleased

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by JR88: 09-10-2004 12:38.

09-10-2004 12:38 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by tchandler
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

not sure when it'll be done. style? i really don't have grip on that yet. there's a whole slew of guitars yet to put on the songs.
09-10-2004 12:38 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
hey, i'm missing some cds from when i moved 2 years ago.
you people haven't seen any of 'em have you?
i can't find my Thin White Rope cd...

Your wife probably took them to GooDWiLL...
Driver8 probably already bought them for $2 each...

09-10-2004 12:38 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe
quote:

Big Grin LOL Big Grin

I love Goodwill.......found lots of stuff there.......including The Altar Boys DaLe Wink

09-10-2004 12:40 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

RE: another friday! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
howdy folks -- what's up?

hey Lost Canine, where'd ya get that picture of Buddy Miller? you probably know this already, but aside from the truly great folky, countryish stuff he does with Julie Miller and Emmy Lou Harris, he's also a terrifying electric guitar player.

if you haven't heard him do his Jimmy Hendrix-like face-melting guitar stuff, you just won't believe it. i nearly fell to the ground weeping (in gratitude) when i first heard it, it was so astonishing and perfect. he sings and writes and produces other people's records AND he plays guitar like that?!!

he's also the nicest, most humble person you'll ever meet!

TC- you are so Hip-
I dint have a clue who that was, I just knew who it werent!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
09-10-2004 12:41 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

Thin White Rope were these four rocket scientists (okay, only one or two of 'em were literal rocket scientists) from somewhere around berkeley california that played this stuff with roaring guitar feedback. one of their records sounds like a middle eastern country music record.
09-10-2004 12:43 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by Driver8
quote:
Originally posted by DaLe
quote:

Big Grin LOL Big Grin

I love Goodwill.......found lots of stuff there.......including The Altar Boys DaLe Wink

My son bought an LP at the local goodwill- it was of Me and My sister!!
(not woggy)- fer .50
It was so funny to hear I wasn't a tad embarrassed..is that the tops or what?- I made the ultimate bin.

09-10-2004 12:44 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

my wife sold 'em all! of course!!
09-10-2004 12:44 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Thin White Rope were these four rocket scientists (okay, only one or two of 'em were literal rocket scientists) from somewhere around berkeley california that played this stuff with roaring guitar feedback. one of their records sounds like a middle eastern country music record.

Bands with rocket scientists for members Roll Eyes

09-10-2004 12:45 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

hi dorfsmith and carl and jimminy. i missed your posts the first time around, sorry about that.

jimminy, that's a great one. i think i've bought stuff i've played on in the bargin bin too.

and how 'bout it, has anyone heard Spyboy?
09-10-2004 12:48 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

quote:

Cool

have a great day tim......I'm knocking off early Big Grin nice to be able to leave work when you want to Smile )

09-10-2004 12:49 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Daniel Amos

have a great weekend Driver!
09-10-2004 12:51 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

quote:
and how 'bout it, has anyone heard Spyboy?

I have Emmylou Harris - Spyboy but have not heard
of just Spyboy? of course me & cricket ain't that HiP...

09-10-2004 12:54 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

Dale, that's the one. Buddy sounds great on that one and he's even more terrifying when you hear him play live.
09-10-2004 12:56 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Emmylou Harris - Spyboy Live (1999)

have you seen this ?

09-10-2004 13:00 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

i haven't, but now i'm gonna have to get it. Buddy, evidently, recently worked with one of my heroes. he had Frank Black in his studio here in Nashville. if i'd known that, i would've been stalking the place.
09-10-2004 13:04 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
yes, (sorry carl) we have drums on 9 tracks and bass on 6.

Well, just so long as you don't have lyrics, vocals and guitar it should work out OK.... Tongue

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
09-10-2004 13:43 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Tim, have a party and we will be there.

We might even bring a new edit of the DVD, since we now
have I think all the footage you shot....the dailies...ehem...

Ooh and Buddy Miller is cool!!

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-10-2004 13:49 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Hey Tim,
Like my signature??

09-10-2004 13:59 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

I hardly know Buddy M-
and someone gave me a Harris collection - and I was thoroughly impressed.
The combination sounds inviting...

speaking of collecting- I've been on the receiving end lately- I got LOTS of catching up to do. many musical things lately.

Tim - someone on this board (I cant mention his name, though its Elisha) turned me toward
the Residents.

Do you know of them..wow- what a plateful!

09-10-2004 14:02 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » another friday!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH