Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » HD volume 2???? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page HD volume 2????
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by brdhsnyrsoul
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My daughters love They Might Be Giants. They sing along with Birdhouse In Your Soul. It's great. How many 2 years olds do you know who sing the word philibuster.

08-26-2004 14:31 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We've had many of them moments with our kids. Other kids and adults look at our kids funny when they start singing Dogs songs out of the blue without the music. Pleased

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
08-26-2004 14:44 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Tongue

08-26-2004 14:44 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Haven't heard anything definite.

Theres a good chance that something even better
will come along though.

Oh crap, don't tell me Larry is going to sing all the songs himself this time Shocked

They said BETTER.

This means something like a 2 CD set of both discs with all the extra songs, perhaps alternate takes, period interviews, etc anything else like that they can get their hands on. Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
08-31-2004 14:59 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by brdhsnyrsoul

we just got home from dinner out, and the girls were hysterical. Singing They Might Be Giants songs loudly in the waiting area before we got our table. It was a beautiful moment.

09-04-2004 23:20 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Yup MF, thats exactly what we mean.

This DA/Jubal disc is the beginning. Terry, Tom and we are
making plans and going through tapes. As we said before Terry
has found some long thought lost tapes. We are trying to get
organised for some nice releases.

There is also some plans for some special Terry releases
that we hopefully will be talking more about soon. The details of
which are still be discussed.... before we announce anything
Terry needs to give us some more specific info.

Hopefully, we can get things really moving in the next few months.

Also.... would anyone be interested in Imaginarium reissue?
Anyone not have it? We are trying to gauge if we have enough
interest to reprint it. I think we are getting close, we have about
80 emails of people requesting it... we can easily sell them if
they are printed.... but funding the printing is the question.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-06-2004 14:21 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
freak freak is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-270.jpg

Registration Date: 11-13-2003

if it is either historical releases or imaginarium...

I say go with the historical releases + bonus tracks...

Imaginarium is good and all - but I prefer Daniel Amos and I would have great interest in hearing the alternate takes, never released tunes and live material from the HD, Alarma!, Doppelganger time frames...

~f

dit, dit, doo
09-07-2004 07:30 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Homepage of freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I wanted Imaginarium but didn't get it before it sold out. Frown

Haven't heard a lot of the old stuff but right now I would prefer that.

After buying perhaps maybe 2 or 3 "old" projects I might consider Imaginarium more highly to make the CD collection fuller. A lot would probably depend on the quality and rarity of the "old" stuff the more of it I got.

I wonder what the correlation is between how many emails you get vs. how many might buy it if it was available. I bet many of the people that emailed wouldn't be in a position to buy it when it came out. And also many have probably browsed on through the store that would have bought it if it was available that wouldn't have bothered emailing. Humanity is so fickle. Frown

Got a few miles left ...

09-07-2004 12:20 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Administrator

Its not either/or.... we are going to try to pay for Imaginarium
entirely with Imaginarium orders. They are basically all people
that are Neverhood fans, kind of a seperate fan base.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-07-2004 12:21 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by brdhsnyrsoul
we just got home from dinner out, and the girls were hysterical. Singing They Might Be Giants songs loudly in the waiting area before we got our table. It was a beautiful moment.

If they sang loud enough it might have gotten you faster service! Big Grin

They say the squeaky wheel gets the grease and all.

Got a few miles left ...

09-07-2004 12:23 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

quote:
Hopefully, we can get things really moving in the next few months.

09-07-2004 12:32 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
Administrator

How do you spell financial relief?

09-07-2004 13:12 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
How do you spell financial relief?

L Big Grin L

other than pre-orders, I am not sure... Frown
more touring Confused or is that a net loss or break even...
any record contract possibilites?
any other ideas...

we need to convert a few new fan$ and $ooN

09-07-2004 13:27 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Administrator

Actually we have some ideas that once Terry has given
the thumbs up on, you'll be hearing about.
Getting things moving is like pushing a car uphill
when you've run out of gas.

Hopefully though within the next week or so we will be
looking for some input on some new release ideas,
beyond what is already in the works... DA/Jubal,
Eddies project and Buchners DVD.

09-08-2004 14:55 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

yeah - you do that buddy,
We got fistfuls of ccaaassshhhh-
and its gotta go.....NOW!

(as in ..Whoo Whoo! - let us know!)

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
09-08-2004 15:52 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Administrator

Heh, yeah right....

There is one idea I am just die'n to tell, but we don't want to
say too much until Terry decides exactly what direction to
go in it.

09-08-2004 16:00 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Tongue

09-08-2004 17:33 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

quote:
Heh, yeah right....

There is one idea I am just die'n to tell, but we don't want to
say too much until Terry decides exactly what direction to
go in it.

Just so I can have bragging rights.... Big Grin

Is it anything like the idea we emailed about a few months ago?

09-08-2004 19:49 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Administrator

PM me I forgot what we talked about...

09-08-2004 21:33 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

quote:
...until Terry decides exactly what direction to go in it.

09-09-2004 07:52 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » HD volume 2????

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH