Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Cornerstone Thursday » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Cornerstone Thursday
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Cornerstone Thursday Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Holy cow, it was incredible. And man, was it hot, in more ways than one. This was another memorable year for the boys. They certainly don't get stuck in a rut.

Terry performed the entire "little, BIG" recording on the Silent Planet stage, with Rob Watson doing an absolutely GREAT job on the keys. Some real interesting sounds came out; the concert replicated the new recording very well.

The DA concert was unique, to say the least. It brought back fond memories of the first time I saw the boys at a concert at Wheaton in '84. This year, they did one from Kalhoun, two from Beuchner, and the rest from Doppelganger and Vox Humana.

Terry donned the electric most of the time; kind of unusual, but he sounds GOOD. Rob was a welcome addition and a very sweet sound. Tim was his usual unusual awesome self, and he had some really fine jam moments. Mr. Ed was absolutely pounding like I've never seen him before. I wish I could say more about Tom Strahle - couldn't hear him that well - maybe it's just that I missed our beloved Mr. Flesch.

The concert was fun in a lot of ways, especially with songs like Dance Stop and New Car.

Oh, if you don't have it you must get "little, BIG". Six very personal, very different, very sweet tunes.

07-05-2002 21:11 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe

Terry performed the entire "little, BIG" recording

Terry donned the electric most of the time

I hope someone got a good video and recording of this!

BD

07-05-2002 22:44 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe

Terry performed the entire "little, BIG" recording

Terry donned the electric most of the time

I hope someone got a good video and recording of this!

BD

Me too Smile )

07-06-2002 11:44 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
beatlenut
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

maybe next year I will go.
07-08-2002 13:06 beatlenut is offline Send an Email to beatlenut Search for Posts by beatlenut Add beatlenut to your Buddy List
Über Parrot
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-20-2002
Location: I am Right.........all the time! Repent you lost sinners. Stop your swearing and cussing and drinking and R movies and smoking and laughing and having fun and those stoopid smiley faces

quote:
Originally posted by beatlenut

I'm thinking of going too. I hear there is some smoking, drinking and foul language going on there. That is just not right at a Christian gathering.

Maybe the Right Rev. Tucker and I can have a good old fashioned Tent Meating Revival for the lost sinners going to Cornerstone. (if I can get him away from Betty)

Can I get an Amen!

Ü

07-08-2002 22:42 Über Parrot is offline Send an Email to Über Parrot Search for Posts by Über Parrot Add Über Parrot to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

quote:
Originally posted by Über Parrot
quote:
Originally posted by beatlenut

I'm thinking of going too. I hear there is some smoking, drinking and foul language going on there. That is just not right at a Christian gathering.

Maybe the Right Rev. Tucker and I can have a good old fashioned Tent Meating Revival for the lost sinners going to Cornerstone. (if I can get him away from Betty)

Can I get an Amen!

Ü

That would be hilarious. I'd go there just to see you do that. Big Grin

07-09-2002 00:50 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Cornerstone Thursday

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH