Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Daily Report # 1 from JT on the DADL » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Daily Report # 1 from JT on the DADL
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

Daily Report # 1 from JT on the DADL Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

JT - DA's manager has posted this to the DADL so I thought I'd share it for all you guys who arn't true fans and on the list. Smile )

Anyway with out further ado..

quote:
I thought I'd try something new this year for those of you not able to
join us here at Cornerstone. That is, I'll write a bit each morning
when I return from the fest to keep you all in the loop as to the
happenings...

Today was set up day for the Warm & Filled booth. Jason and Eric
Townsend arrived after picking Terry and Tom (Strahle -- fill in
guitartist for Greg Flesh) up at the StL airport. (Btw, you can here
Tom's musical stylings on the acoustic guitar on LITTLE, big). We
completed the merch set up and are ready to open the booth tomorrow at
noon -- the official start of the festival.

Terry, Tom and Rob Watson all arrived safe today. They immediately
began rehearsals for a few of the TST and DA related shows.

Mike Roe and Mark Harmon, as well as Ed McTaggert and Tim Chandler are
all set to arrive later today (Tuesday). There are no DA or 77's
related shows schedule for today, so the day will be spent in
rehearsals, at the W&F merch booth, and generally caring for the new
releases (which all made there way to CStone on time).

Got to see a few from the list again today (Trish Zacher (nowLove?),
Glen and Linda Miller, David Cervantes, and Kevin Schaeffer immediately
come to mind). This, of course, is the best part of the fest. Now that
the booth is set up, more time will be afforded to visiting...

Until tomorrow.

JT

07-03-2002 17:42 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

and that was the only message worth reading today on the stupid da-dl..... I should've just come here! Pleased

07-03-2002 17:45 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Trip to Mecca Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So what does a ticket to Cornerstone cost anyway? And how do you decide what bands to see? Are they going on all over the place all the time in a wide open Woodstock-esque setting or what's the deal? Forgive my non coolness for not knowing.

07-03-2002 18:45 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've never been. Plan to someday. Crying

http://www.cornerstonefestival.com

07-03-2002 20:38 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve
So what does a ticket to Cornerstone cost anyway? And how do you decide what bands to see? Are they going on all over the place all the time in a wide open Woodstock-esque setting or what's the deal? Forgive my non coolness for not knowing.

I'm as curious as you are.

07-03-2002 21:55 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by arcticsunburn
quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve

I'm as curious as you are.

I think tickets are anywhere from $65-$80, whenever you buy your ticket. It includes camping. The bands play on various stages, and there is a mainstage that runs from 7:00-midnight. I usually avoid the mainstage, although I saw the 77's play a mean show there back in '92. There are several shows going on from midnight on too. It's a "pick & choose" thing, and it can be frustrating. It's a ton of fun though.
LK-9

07-04-2002 14:04 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Daily Report # 1 from JT on the DADL

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH