Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » How did you find DA? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (13): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page How did you find DA? 10 Votes - Average Rating: 9.1010 Votes - Average Rating: 9.1010 Votes - Average Rating: 9.1010 Votes - Average Rating: 9.10
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Let's see.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

How did I find DA?

Well, as many of you know, there was a time when I spent all my time in the Dump. But one day I trimmed the URL back to http://www.danielamos.com/wbb2 and noticed all these other links I could try. Twas then I realized there was life outside the Dump and that I could confess my need for deliverance in this area. Big Grin

I mean, by that question you DID mean "How did you find Dump Anonymous," right? Confused

Tongue

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by carl: 07-26-2004 14:10.

07-26-2004 14:09 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by sprinklerhead
quote:
Originally posted by freak

hmmm... when I was a pastor it was always - pass the beer...

Cool

ha ha... guess that is why I am "formerly known as pastor."

~f

I had a pastor who would say that too. He is no longer a pastor either.

Oh where, oh where , have all the good beer drinkin' pastors gone -
Oh where, oh where, can they be?
Went to look for my beer on the wall
But found it nailed to a tree.

And it didn't make a bit of difference, it still tasted great AND was less filling! Big Grin

Well, Jesus did go 'eating AND DRINKING with sinners'. (not DRUNK).

Whether or not the pastor drinks some beer should have about as much to do with church as the color of the carpet (as long as they're not an alcoholic), but most of us know how that can go sometimes. Roll Eyes So sad, the legalism out there! Mad

I better stop, this is getting to be dump material fast! Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
07-26-2004 14:10 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

RE: Let's see.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by carl
How did I find DA?

Well, as many of you know, there was a time when I spent all my time in the Dump. But one day I trimmed the URL back to http://www.danielamos.com/wbb2 and noticed all these other links I could try. Twas then I realized there was life outside the Dump and that I could confess my need for deliverance in this area. Big Grin

I mean, by that question you DID mean "How did you find Dump Anonymous," right? Confused

Tongue

DAmb-er Dumpers Anonymous, DADA? The latest in support groups!

So, what state did you find DA in? Somewhere between exhiliration and the nearly-dead beat horse? Big Grin Tongue

Got a few miles left ...

07-26-2004 14:13 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ah, but such exhilaration in that dead horse. Kind of a nequinephilia, as it were. Big Grin Shocked Roll Eyes Tongue

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
07-26-2004 14:20 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by smackeral
They think Uncle Stonehill's Hat is hilarious....

Is it still possible to find this anywhere?

We got it from
unclestonehill.com
listed on the links page of this site, and also run by audioris!

It's a great CD. I like it just as much as our kids. I think most anyone that wasn't too uptight and straight-laced would like it.

The kiddos beg me to take Uncle Stonehill's Hat everytime we head out the door to go anywhere! They love that CD ~ especially Snailvis. Big Grin

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
07-26-2004 14:49 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
quote:

Cool

~f

Oh where, oh where , have all the good beer drinkin' pastors gone -
Oh where, oh where, can they be?

Lost Canine... Cool

07-26-2004 14:58 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Ubique Epoque

Big Grin Cool

Smile
07-26-2004 15:01 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Gabriel Syme Gabriel Syme is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-135.gif

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

quote:
quote:

Cool

~f

I had a pastor who made rotgut, I mean, wine in his cellar. He's still going....
07-26-2004 15:23 Gabriel Syme is offline Search for Posts by Gabriel Syme Add Gabriel Syme to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I'd much rather have a pastor who admits that he makes wine in his cellar (and even partakes of a little of it) than a pastor who acts high and mighty and spends his Saturday nights at the bar asking the bar tender to let him know when it's midnight so he can leave and go sober up for church in the morning. Shocked

Smile
07-26-2004 15:34 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
jollyholiday
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

back on track Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
You know, this is the coolest thread ever! Pleased

This was a pretty cool thread. Let's hear some more "How did you find DA?" stories!

-jolly
07-26-2004 16:03 jollyholiday is offline Send an Email to jollyholiday Search for Posts by jollyholiday Add jollyholiday to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Gabriel Syme
quote:
quote:

Cool

~f

I had a pastor who made rotgut, I mean, wine in his cellar. He's still going....

i know a Bible school dropout that makes bathtub g...... oh wait, wrong thread! Big Grin

07-26-2004 16:06 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

RE: back on track Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jollyholiday
quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
You know, this is the coolest thread ever! Pleased

This was a pretty cool thread. Let's hear some more "How did you find DA?" stories!

-jolly

Agree. More, more, more.....

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-26-2004 16:11 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

How did you find DA? ... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

... it depends on where they got lost? Big Grin

I started callin' "here boy, here boy" and some pretty good 3-legged dog came over and pointed me in the right genURL direction? Big Grin

(Well, that's sorta the truth, actually!)

Got a few miles left ...

07-26-2004 16:17 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

quote:
Originally posted by Ben
quote:

ps - 11 in '77 - and my alma mater (Messiah College) missed the cut in pass the beer... (bummer!).

Darn I must be an old man. 20 in '77.

Freek - it's "hide the beer'

DA ROCKS!!!!!

HEY, OLD MAN! I was 22 in '77 Smile I got married that year.

Anyway, I was introduced to DA, et. al. by my dear brother, JimIny, about 3 years ago.....and I remember thinking "where the heck was THIS music all these years???" I had literally never heard any of it before, and I've been a Christian for a long, long time.

but it seems a definite theme here - either you listen to CCM on the radio, and are exposed to the Smitties and Sandy's of the Christian music world, or you investigate a deeper, more expressive kind of Christian music that's not in the "limelight."

I have grown to love DA, and all things Terry Scott Taylor, in these few short years. My first "real" purchases? Avacodo Faultline.........and Knowledge & Innocence....but I also dearly love Little Red Riding Hood, Motorcycle, heck, whatever I've heard so far (and there's a lot I haven't heard yet - HEY, I'm old, and it takes a while to absorb this stuff, okay??)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

07-26-2004 16:18 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Ubique Epoque

RE: How did you find DA? ... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

I started callin' "here boy, here boy" and some pretty good 3-legged dog came over and pointed me in the right genURL direction? Big Grin

Big Grin Good story MF!

As for how I found the DAmb, it was thru that mountain fan! Pleased

Smile
07-26-2004 16:19 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

HEY, as a newbie, I've actually been IN THE PRESENCE of TST, and Mike Roe........how many HERE can say that, huh???

well, prolly most of you can, but I'll bet SOME of you can't!

na na na na boo boo

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

07-26-2004 16:22 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Ubique Epoque

RE: How did you find DA? ... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by bereal
quote:

Big Grin Good story MF!

As for how I found the DAmb, it was thru that mountain fan! Pleased

Does music flowing through me make me a medium? Shocked Tongue

Got a few miles left ...

07-26-2004 16:24 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Woggy
HEY, as a newbie, I've actually been IN THE PRESENCE of TST, and Mike Roe........how many HERE can say that, huh???

well, prolly most of you can, but I'll bet SOME of you can't!

na na na na boo boo

Yup! Pleased

And I've actually been IN THE PRESENCE of that 3rd leg of that 3-legged dog! Big Grin Pleased

Smile
07-26-2004 16:26 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
i know a Bible school dropout that makes bathtub g...... oh wait, wrong thread! Big Grin

Bible school drop out. I'm starting to get flashbacks of Grease!

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
07-26-2004 17:37 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Attention Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.

Bible school drop out. I'm starting to get flashbacks of Grease!

dennis and i are both Bible school dropouts.... you should be scared! Shocked

07-26-2004 17:57 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Pages (13): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » How did you find DA?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH