Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs at Cstone 04 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lost Dogs at Cstone 04
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

RE: Dale's Cornerstone 04 report Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe
next went to the Lost Dogs news conference. Cool
interesting... very interesting... who's leonard cohen ?

BTW, I was just throwing a little bait out there...

I know who Leonard Cohen is, plus I like to dis our DAmb Canadian's
now and then Tongue

I WiLL admit to not being very "up" on his stuff, but I consider that
a GooD thing Big Grin Tongue
I guess he is just another "artist" I don not GeT...

but the coolness of a LD cd with Gene is really CooL
even if it is / would be centered around Leonard Cohen's music...

I have a feeling Mike will regret saying anything about this Idea...
knowing how the lost dogs fans are not drooling about this...

07-06-2004 15:50 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jwaltb
Derri's playing that strange looking electric on that clip. I've seen those before a few times. First time was one of the times Prince (remember him) was on TV somewhere. He was playing one.

I tried to pass a Note to Terry during the show but by the time I got
pen & paper Derri had switched to his other guitar...

I wanted Terry to tell Derri "Prince Called, he wants his guitar back".

oh well, some jokes are best not told...

07-06-2004 16:07 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

Thumb Up! RE: Dale's Cornerstone 04 report Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Jeff Ebel was playin bass...

DaLe

had dinner with Jeff last night Cool

07-06-2004 16:13 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Shocked

07-06-2004 16:16 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by bereal
Will do audiori! Pleased

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
They also did "Close but no
cigar" - which I don't remember seeing on the other tour
set lists. I could be remembering wrong though.

BTW, they could have done that one at the Knoxville show. We could've missed writing it down since we were dealing with the 2 kiddos. At one point, he had our son in the other room and our daughter insisted she had to go to the bathroom (that was during the "Medley of Our Hit", so I had to remember what they were playing until I got back to the table ~ although, they were such foundational Dogs songs that I don't think I forgot any!) At any rate, if they did that one, it would've been done during that time. Smile

They did do Close But No Cigar at Knoxville because I thanked Mike for doing it and I told him he probably enjoyed it more without the fake sideburns. Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
07-07-2004 09:45 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

RE: Dale's Cornerstone 04 report Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
...then went back to Iowa Sun. & did the 4th parade & Fireworks
as a bonus they had another of my Fav. 80's bands playing
before the Fireworks, the Little River Band! they are awesome!

that made this Lonsome Loser do a little Reminiscing with my
Lady, do not worry, she Took it easy on me. we were a couple of Night Owls :-)

DaLe

Little River Band is cool! Cool

Got a few miles left ...

07-07-2004 09:47 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
leonard Cohen-
If it be your will - off GRS...

also has written some other beautiful music (but cant sing it IMHO..)
Suzanne (from the 60s you all!)
and Broken Hallelujah (Shrek Soundtrack etc)

I think the Dogs like him- and make his music sound much sweeter.

Thx for the report!

Mike said there may be some unreleased tapes of Gene singing leonard Cohen songs & the LD will try & first find them then record a LD CD
with Gene doing Cohen songs Cool

That would be AWESOME.

I got Cohen's "Various Positions" CD used from an artist dude (another thread) and like it. I do think the Dogs are a great improvement, but he is a little unique and enjoyable more from that perspective than raw talent.

Got a few miles left ...

07-07-2004 09:50 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Driver8
quote:

DaLe

BTW, how's Brian Healy of Dead Artists' Syndrome doing?

Got a few miles left ...

07-07-2004 09:54 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:
Originally posted by Driver8
quote:

DaLe

BTW, how's Brian Healy of Dead Artists' Syndrome doing?

talking to Mike at dinner he said Brian is in good spirits and attended C-Stone, he also has a vehicle and thanks everyone who helped him out.

There was another fella at dinner named Chris, I didn't catch his last name, look at the liner notes of 77's "Late" he did the artwork for it. He was showing off some of his stuff, it was real cool.

Mike also talked a little about the new Mike/Mark CD coming soon.

07-07-2004 10:34 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:
Originally posted by bereal
Will do audiori! Pleased

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
They also did "Close but no
cigar" - which I don't remember seeing on the other tour
set lists. I could be remembering wrong though.

BTW, they could have done that one at the Knoxville show. We could've missed writing it down since we were dealing with the 2 kiddos. At one point, he had our son in the other room and our daughter insisted she had to go to the bathroom (that was during the "Medley of Our Hit", so I had to remember what they were playing until I got back to the table ~ although, they were such foundational Dogs songs that I don't think I forgot any!) At any rate, if they did that one, it would've been done during that time. Smile

They did do Close But No Cigar at Knoxville because I thanked Mike for doing it and I told him he probably enjoyed it more without the fake sideburns. Big Grin

Was it by chance part of the "Medley of Our Hit"? If so, I was in the bathroom with our little girl who couldn't wait!

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
07-07-2004 14:51 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs at Cstone 04

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH