Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » TST Disc of the Week » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page TST Disc of the Week 3 Votes - Average Rating: 7.003 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

[

Tongue [/quote]

We should play "Daniel Amos!" (AKA "Yeah-HAW!") for a week! Shocked [/quote]

do we have to wear sh*tkickers to work?

all I got is my Van tennies......

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-08-2004 08:45 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Eh, I don't think so. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"We should play "Daniel Amos!" (AKA "Yeah-HAW!") for a week!"

This will be difficult, since I only have the record. However, if one of you will volunteer to hum a few bars while I drive...!
04-08-2004 09:02 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

tape it! Do you have a tape deck in your car? Confused

04-08-2004 09:13 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
do we have to wear sh*tkickers to work?

all I got is my Van tennies......

sh*tkickers are a MUST! Pleased

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 04-08-2004 09:14.

04-08-2004 09:14 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

wear a Stetson on my head
spurs on my heel
to blaze a trail through the open country
can I tell you how I feel?
I know that we got an open road
and lots of work to do
I'm gonna learn to use my rope
swinging the Big Lasso........

04-08-2004 09:36 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

It could be fun to play that one for a week! Pleased

I have really only played it a few times!

04-08-2004 09:40 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

I don't have Daniel Amos-Daniel Amos Crying

04-08-2004 10:30 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Thumb Down! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

you're not missing much...

I must say the production is much better than I thought it would be.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 04-08-2004 10:34.

04-08-2004 10:33 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

I have vague memories of hearing it on 8-track when I was a baby Big Grin

04-08-2004 10:36 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

8-Track! Cool

04-08-2004 10:37 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Dr! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

prescribe yourself some new meds!
I love DA- DA - I think its a great recording...
Anyway .. cant do farm beetles - cuz I dont have it.

And lets paint the box here

If your computer was gonna crash in 6minutes and 25 seconds.., and you could only copy one song off BL to your hard drive..

which would you choose? (hurry, times almost up..!)

I'd take Broken Ladders- - the song leaves me sighing..in a good way.

04-08-2004 14:18 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Out in the cold Tongue

04-08-2004 14:24 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
jamespop jamespop is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Frown Don't have it either Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

However, if anyone has a copy they are willing to sell ... or better yet, if it can be reissued before next week the I'm all for it.

As to this week's - I've been listening to BL this week (along with music to reflect of the passion). I don't really have anything original to add to earlier posts so I'll just sum up:

1) I like the album.
2) I like loud guitars.
3) I like "She's Working Here".
4) I was born in Bakersfiled (so maybe I'm a little offended that Terry refuses to visit the place of my birth).
5) The Song Bibleland is bust-a-gut funny. There was a town in Kentucky called "Cave City" and among its attractions was a putt-putt golf place called "Golgotha Golf". Basically the owners raided a local statuary and hodge-podged a series of 18 Bible-themed golf holes. Including:
* Michelangelo's David and some nude famale statue as Adam and Eve (with David/Adam's umm, you know chisled off and fig leaves strategically painted on the couple)
* Saint Francis of Assissi as Noah (with the ark and animals being nowhere close to scaled size to each other)
* the garden gnome as Jonah in the whale
* The little Dutch girl who brought her kitty to see Jesus (my personal favorite Bible story.
When we left that place, I got in the car and cranked Bibleland. It was the only way I could cope.
04-08-2004 14:27 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Dutch girls with kittens-
thats my favorite bible story
(too much)

Nice to read ya there JP!

04-08-2004 14:46 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
I don't have Daniel Amos-Daniel Amos Crying

some good poster here burned me a copy.... yeah, you are not missing much...... Red Face

04-08-2004 14:47 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Except, of course, for "Don't Light Yr Own Fire," which trumps anything until Alarma!....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
04-08-2004 14:52 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Lamp Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

well, i've actually only played it once or twice, good poster... Wink
maybe i'll play just that song again... Cool

04-08-2004 14:55 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

RE: Dr! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
prescribe yourself some new meds!
I love DA- DA - I think its a great recording...
Anyway .. cant do farm beetles - cuz I dont have it.

And lets paint the box here

If your computer was gonna crash in 6minutes and 25 seconds.., and you could only copy one song off BL to your hard drive..

which would you choose? (hurry, times almost up..!)

I'd take Broken Ladders- - the song leaves me sighing..in a good way.

Low Crawls-n-High Times! Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 04-08-2004 15:12.

04-08-2004 15:11 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Well good poster
I listen to DA DA occasionally - and will admit its on the bottom half of my stack...

04-08-2004 15:21 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by carl
Except, of course, for "Don't Light Yr Own Fire," which trumps anything until Alarma!....

really?

I would have to disagree Red Face

04-08-2004 15:31 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » TST Disc of the Week

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH