Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » KMG - going, going... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page KMG - going, going...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

KMG - going, going... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

KMG records looks to me like it's not resurrecting any time soon. Checked their web site (kmgrecords.com) and it's the same message they had 6+ months ago.

- For newbies - of interest only because KMG bought the Frontline catalog a few years back, and they may be the reason some of these reissues haven't happened yet.

Just curious, what is Bud hanging on to anyway? If he wants to make money, he should either make the reissues or sell them off at a reasonable price. Whether he's just squatting on the catalog or demanding exorbitant prices, he can't be making dime one right now.

Tidbits, timetables anyone?

(Eagerly awaiting classic Eddies and other goodies...)

06-14-2002 10:36 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

JT is working on it. Reissues will come...

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
06-14-2002 11:12 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was happy when I heard that KMG was taking over and I saw that Terry was the Prez on the West Coast.

Then I saw their product. The cd inserts were low budget and didn't give much info.

Knock him all you want, but Larry Norman does have it down when it comes to CD booklets. He charges a few bucks more, but you get something unique. The thing with reissues to the fans is that many of the reissues offer nothing more than what was offered before. 20 bit Remastered sound is not likely to be in the budget, but a little packaging would be nice.

06-14-2002 11:31 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
Administrator

Yeah Larry and Randy did a great job on
the "Welcome to Paradise" CD reissue. We
told Larry it was a beautiful package.

the townsends

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
06-14-2002 14:51 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

HATE TO SAY IT Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

but I am more than "fairly " happy with my
LN presents Horrendous Disc
Its self indulgent YES- but it does have some fun little tidbits in it, whether you like it or not.
and the quality of the actual disc (less his HORRENDOUS hounds) is top notch.
even tho hes a dink (oops, sorry)
With love
JiMiny
06-14-2002 15:03 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

quote:
Originally posted by jc

but I am more than "fairly " happy with my
LN presents Horrendous Disc
Its self indulgent YES- but it does have some fun little tidbits in it, whether you like it or not.
and the quality of the actual disc (less his HORRENDOUS hounds) is top notch.
even tho hes a dink (oops, sorry)
With love
JiMiny

Yeah, I didn't have a problem with somewhat self-serving comments in the insert... his covers of hound on the hand... lame... plus arrogant to put his covers on DA's album... oh, well... I'm sure many people have griped about this before.
06-14-2002 19:42 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
John Galt
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 06-01-2002

I like Larry. I apprieciate his work and even his covers of Daniel Amos. Yes, we were led to believe that the bonus cuts would be from Daniel Amos and yes it was odd to have the same song sung twice in different fashions by Larry. I do hope that he attempts to make his peace with the Daniel Amos crowd...(are we large enough to constitute a crowd?) and releases the complete Horrendous Disk with all of the unreleased and overseas cuts from that era.

At least he put effort into the rerelease unlike so many other companies that rerelease older works.

Should we start being the Hounds of Larry and bug him for the COMPLETE Horrendous Disk era recordings?

06-16-2002 14:39 John Galt is offline Send an Email to John Galt Search for Posts by John Galt Add John Galt to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by jc

Its self indulgent YES

what... the 15 covers of Hound of Heaven at the end? Wink

06-16-2002 14:48 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I just rated this post 5 stars... how cool is that?
Big Grin

06-16-2002 15:00 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by John Galt
I like Larry. I apprieciate his work and even his covers of Daniel Amos. Yes, we were led to believe that the bonus cuts would be from Daniel Amos and yes it was odd to have the same song sung twice in different fashions by Larry.

The point is that he had no business putting his covers on DA's album. That's just... rude, man!
06-16-2002 15:58 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Administrator

Yeah, I think he thought of it as a tribute.

(They were recorded for the DA tribute CD anyway)

I think it was basically just a poor judgement decision,
not an attempt at irritating everyone. Larry doesn't have
a manager or anyone to tell him, "Um Larry thats a bad idea."

We did recieve an email from him not long ago saying
he plans on working on "Horrendous Disc" and "Appalacian
Melody" CDs next, done in the way "Welcome To Paradise"
was. We have some photos of the guys in the studio working
on the album and stuff like that that could go on there.
And there is a few other songs that were recorded at
the time that would be cool bonus tracks.

the townsends

06-16-2002 22:04 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

stop picking on Larry! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii like 'im!

(PS, he could still be sittin' on HD, -sup'm's betto den nuttin' honey)

contradicting myself:
-not always!

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
06-17-2002 01:40 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
I just rated this post 5 stars... how cool is that?
Big Grin

Pretty cool...

~Kaf

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

06-19-2002 09:30 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by audiori

Ah, I was wondering about that.

I'm not familiar with the Larry Norman album you guys are talking about. But I like Larry's cover of Hound of Heaven in the tribute album. It really sounds nice when he's sing it. (Not that I don't like it otherwise...) It sounds natural. As if it was written just for him to sing.

Just my opinion.

But then on the other hand... it has a sort of elevator music sound to it. I think it's the way they made it into a jazz piece by doing funky thing with the synth.

~Kaf

For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava

06-19-2002 09:33 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Kaf-N-8ed
quote:
Originally posted by audiori

Ah, I was wondering about that.

I'm not familiar with the Larry Norman album you guys are talking about. But I like Larry's cover of Hound of Heaven in the tribute album. It really sounds nice when he's sing it. (Not that I don't like it otherwise...) It sounds natural. As if it was written just for him to sing.

Just my opinion.

But then on the other hand... it has a sort of elevator music sound to it. I think it's the way they made it into a jazz piece by doing funky thing with the synth.

~Kaf

Larry stuck two of his versions of "Hound of Heaven" onto the end of the recent CD release of Horrendous Disc. That's what we was talking about.
06-19-2002 09:41 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by ™
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii like 'im!

(PS, he could still be sittin' on HD, -sup'm's betto den nuttin' honey)

contradicting myself:
-not always!

I have it on vinyl... in really good shape Smile )

so he could have sat and sat for all I care Wink

06-19-2002 19:10 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

Yeah, I still have the original Horrendous Disk on vinyl too...

About the shape? It's hard to tell. My record player is slowly dieing a miserable death.

then what do I do????????????????????

~KafLL

For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava

06-20-2002 08:53 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » KMG - going, going...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH