Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Swirling Eddies Return! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 6 7 [8] 9 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Swirling Eddies Return! 3 Votes - Average Rating: 8.673 Votes - Average Rating: 8.673 Votes - Average Rating: 8.673 Votes - Average Rating: 8.67
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

04-02-2004 17:38 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I don't think I even know who that is. I suppose that's a good thing.

04-02-2004 18:33 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

http://www.holyobserver.com

04-02-2004 18:34 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Oh yeah, I think someone posted that link earlier and I saw it. Short term memory.

04-02-2004 18:35 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

quote:
Originally posted by baxter
i am not going to allow that charlatan from the garden state to milk this any longer!

Ok, given the general direction of this thread am I wrong to find double entendres in this post?

Speaking of double entendres: http://www.i18nguy.com/humor/headlines.html.

Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by PuP: 04-02-2004 19:07.

04-02-2004 19:07 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Mark Mark is a male

Yes, those definitely have double meanings.

04-02-2004 20:38 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Okay, okay, reign in this topic Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So new Eddies is gonna exist. Done. Awesome.

Eddies 4 is gonna be a "serious" effort. Done. Good too.

So, let's talk overall here. What do you hope will be the overall product? Simple, effective jewel case with booklet? Gatefold digipak like "MBD" was? Perhaps something more extreme like a specialty pack (think of the special editions of "All Things Must Pass" and "Brainwashed" on CD)...

This is not about what you EXPECT, because budgets are lean and such, but let's toss around the ideas of what we might like to see. I mean, I truly think the decision for new Eddies was directly influenced by buzz on this board, showing our willingness to get on board... so idle chatter on packaging couldn't really hurt.

C'mon, talk up!
(and let's stay on topic, ladies and gents!)
DwD
04-02-2004 21:10 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

My MBD came in a jewel case. Confused

Jewel cases work for me. I want good music not fancy packaging. Am I in the minority?

04-02-2004 22:48 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by PuP

Jewel cases work for me. I want good music not fancy packaging. Am I in the minority?

Sure, why pay extra for fancy packaging! It's what's inside that counts and an extravagant exterior says nothing for what's in there!

If it's quality music, the packaging won't matter. Smile

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
04-02-2004 23:14 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by PuP

well... mine came in a soft case and was signed by all 4 members of the band........... Red Face

04-02-2004 23:31 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
quote:
Originally posted by PuP

well... mine came in a soft case and was signed by all 4 members of the band........... Red Face

You tryin' to make all of us jealous? Confused

It ain't gonna work on me! Tongue

I have a CD signed by my fav. musician! That's all that matters! Pleased

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bereal: 04-02-2004 23:52.

04-02-2004 23:50 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

It is my understanding that the jewel cases were sold through BMG music club and the digi packs through the store

04-03-2004 06:45 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Eddies 4? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Eddies 4 is gonna be a "serious" effort. Done. Good too"

You mean Eddies 5, right? Or 6 if you count BV with its bonuses. Or 7 if you recall SC had two different covers...

04-03-2004 07:23 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Sacred Cows had two covers?
Why I didnt know that.
Mine is faces in the window (of a milk truck)
Did I miss something?

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-03-2004 07:47 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by PuP

Mine too. 'Cept it's close to falling apart now. I'll take the jewel case, please. Big Grin

carl

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
04-03-2004 08:50 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Well, it's true. Music is job one... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

However, it's been a long time since there has been a new Eddies and I'd really like the trappings to reflect the... specialness?

Before I get into that, let me say that I don't really count the EDT releases or Berry vest because they are, mostly, greatest hits and b-side/remix collections. "Sacred Cows" is a cover album. This new one would be "original material" Eddies 4 in my mind.

And, oh, what a fetid and foul place me mind be, arrrrrr...

But I'd get a real hoot out of it if Ed McTaggart and/or Brian Heydn designed this new release like a re-issue... The Holy Grail of Eddie-dom, the Pasty-White Sessions (or The Bob Dylan Basement Grapes), the one we never knew existed because it was THAT good... So good, it scared the yellow Chuckles out of the band and they refused to release it.

If there was some kind of three or four page essay about how the band had forsaken the recording and moved on with their lives; y'know, the usual behind-the-music bio you get with big reissues. I think it would be fun if the band could play with the concept... Heck, call the album "My Left Behind" too.

But that's me spouting. I just want this to be the granpaboy of all Eddies offerings.

DwD
04-03-2004 09:38 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by carl
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by PuP

Mine too. 'Cept it's close to falling apart now. I'll take the jewel case, please. Big Grin

carl

your not suppossed to play that one! i got a jewel case version from bmg music club and then another one from the choirs webstore for next to nothing....... Cool

#42 is sitting, untouched in my closet! Big Grin

04-03-2004 10:52 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Pedantic
It is my understanding that the jewel cases were sold through BMG music club and the digi packs through the store

I got mine at BMG and it had the cool paper case Tongue

04-03-2004 11:47 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by carl
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by PuP

carl

your not suppossed to play that one! i got a jewel case version from bmg music club and then another one from the choirs webstore for next to nothing....... Cool

#42 is sitting, untouched in my closet! Big Grin

Correct. I have both versions.

However, for longevity, the jewel case is the way to go.

04-03-2004 18:54 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

The Eddies are making a new Album?!

04-03-2004 23:14 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 6 7 [8] 9 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Swirling Eddies Return!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH