Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Swirling Eddies Return! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Swirling Eddies Return! 3 Votes - Average Rating: 8.673 Votes - Average Rating: 8.673 Votes - Average Rating: 8.673 Votes - Average Rating: 8.67
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
It will happen somehow. Smile

We plan on sending Camarillo the first chunk o de money this
week so they can do what they gotta do.

is this gonna be a mafia inspired album? carl's in joisey, maybe he can give camarillo a tip or two..... Cool

Shocked

03-18-2004 10:11 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the update.

03-18-2004 10:14 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
quote:

is this gonna be a mafia inspired album? carl's in joisey, maybe he can give camarillo a tip or two..... Cool

Shocked

Would that make him a tiparillo?

Big Grin

carl
from the NICE section of NJ
(yes, they DO exist, joey)

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
03-18-2004 10:27 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah the 77s guys did a great job on that site, we basically just
assisted them with some HTML. The design was the 77s guys
themselves.

We will probably do some streaming audio here, a facelift,
and I would like to get some video clips up as well. Most of it
is no real problem, it's just finding time and the space.
There is a little more involved in rearranging this site, because of
how huge it is already and how tied together all the pages are.
Before we get too involved in that we wanted to get all the
fan club stuff and other problems solved. Luckily the 77s
designed their own site so that kinda kept us free to work
on other things most of the time.

We do have some really old stuff and some odd stuff that would
be really cool to do some streaming audio of. That would be
awesome. We also have some 77s and Dogs video clips we could
let the guys see and see if they would like some up.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
03-18-2004 11:31 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Cool.

03-18-2004 11:34 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

please remember dialup Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I thought the 77s site was awesome when I first saw it. Until I got on it over dialup - SLOW. Please consider us lowly dialup users and maybe there's some option for the user to turn on or off some of that streaming stuff.

Very cool if we could download more stuff on demand (instead of automatically).

Thanks guys!

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
03-18-2004 12:13 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by carl
quote:
quote:

Shocked

Big Grin

carl

yeah, tony soprano lives in a really nice neighborhood..... Cool

03-18-2004 12:20 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Grand Encephalon

RE: please remember dialup Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
I thought the 77s site was awesome when I first saw it. Until I got on it over dialup - SLOW. Please consider us lowly dialup users and maybe there's some option for the user to turn on or off some of that streaming stuff.

Thanks guys!

Yes, I have the same problem with the 77's board.

03-18-2004 12:24 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Administrator

Yeah dialup is a major consideration with using all that flash.
If you have problems with it voice your concerns to Mike and Mark,
so they know. Maybe there are some compromises that could be
done with the design to speed it up. There is a balance there.

There is no difference with this messageboard and that one
though I don't see why that messageboard would be slower.
That is weird.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
03-18-2004 12:26 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

It's not as bad as most sites so I won't complain.

03-18-2004 12:27 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by carl
quote:
quote:

Shocked

Big Grin

carl

yeah, tony soprano lives in a really nice neighborhood..... Cool

I've never watched it, although for some reason I have the impression it's more around Dunphy's neck of the woods (i.e., closer to the shore).... Although if you want a REAL "neck of the woods" you need to come up MY way.... we've actually got something like 4-5 different state parks in our town....

Put it this way: If it involves a bear hunt, y'r in the right place.... (I did hear something about a recent Sopranos episode taking place in that environment....)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by carl: 03-18-2004 12:29.

03-18-2004 12:28 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

RE: please remember dialup Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
Thanks guys!

I have DSL at work Tongue

and dial-up at home Frown

here is what I did to help navigation at home.
go to IE explorer / tools / Internet options / advanced
uncheck a few boxes ( make a note on which ones just in case )
*play sounds in web pages
*show pictures
it is amazing how much faster it is with those unchecked.
also, you can do it on the fly so if you want to see pics
or a map etc. just check *show pictures, hit refresh, and see it.
then uncheck when done... it works for me...

03-18-2004 13:16 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

dial up?
DIAL UP?
What the heck is that?

sorry- but I am saying that as my PREMIUM SILVER SERVICE goes up another 20 bucks a month (to 40!!!!) or
I can have it rolled back to basic service for 10 bucks more.
Either way - Its gettin DAMb expensive to yak at you all.

think how many stamps I could buy....

I'll have to check into this dial up thing.....

Options change 4/1 - sounds like I may be
the April fool........

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
03-18-2004 13:59 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Grassroots efforts Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just a thought, directed primarily toward the Audiori but it involves everyone (anyone)...

What if each person here just took a little time to send a letter / e-mail to some of the "Christian rock sites" just to pose the question...

"I hear there's a new Swirling Eddies disc in writing/recording stages... Could you give me any info about it?"

Knowing full well that they don't know about it, wouldn't that propt them to start asking themselves that same question? Maybe that could drum up some increased kung-fu for the new disc campaign?

I raise this question just to get thoughts because, if this sounds too much like manipulative electioneering and would rather not have it, this would be the place to say so.

Just wondering aloud.
03-22-2004 11:18 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

RE: Grassroots efforts Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
Just a thought, directed primarily toward the Audiori but it involves everyone (anyone)...

What if each person here just took a little time to send a letter / e-mail to some of the "Christian rock sites" just to pose the question...

"I hear there's a new Swirling Eddies disc in writing/recording stages... Could you give me any info about it?"

Knowing full well that they don't know about it, wouldn't that propt them to start asking themselves that same question? Maybe that could drum up some increased kung-fu for the new disc campaign?

I raise this question just to get thoughts because, if this sounds too much like manipulative electioneering and would rather not have it, this would be the place to say so.

Just wondering aloud.

Sounds like a cool idea to me. I am somewhat not "in the scene". Could you or someone more "with it" post links to the best sites to make this type of inquiry? Also, any other large-subscription message boards, etc. We should all be willing to give them some type of PR, right?

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
03-22-2004 11:37 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Bushman Bushman is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 01-08-2003

I am with Space Ghost on this one. I swore off pr-orders, but after hearing J&E explain some things, I am willing to give it a go again. Whatever it takes to help the guys!

J&E, you fellas to a great job. Thank you for doing what you do.

bushman
03-22-2004 14:02 Bushman is offline Send an Email to Bushman Search for Posts by Bushman Add Bushman to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Bushman: hmcbushman
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I can't wait for this.

03-28-2004 21:28 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I can. Big Grin

03-29-2004 08:18 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Sad Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i'm kinda afraid to order anything else from this webstore again.... Baby

uncle stonehill finally did show up after 3 months... one of the good MN members had found one on clearance, and also sent me a copy that arrived 2 days before that one, so i actually have two. Smile anyways, i'm not even that crazy about it, but my 5 year old son absolutely loves it, and it was supposed to be a Christmas present for him..... little late, but like i said, he loves it! Big Grin

03-29-2004 09:29 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Administrator

Joey,

We can't prevent lost packages... you should be considering
not dealing with the USPS again - not the webstore. *We* didn't
create your wait, they did. It went out again pretty quick after you
emailed us the info on your order. Had the USPS delivered it the
first time we shipped it, you would have had it in less than a week
most likely.

03-29-2004 12:03 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Swirling Eddies Return!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH