Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » hidden track » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page hidden track
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Da-Dave Da-Dave is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 02-26-2004

hidden track Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Greetings!

I'm new around here. Pardon me if my question is a repeat, (my "search" found no threads) but today while I was listending to Disc #2 of MBD ("and so it goes...") I discovered a hidden track, burried under about 14 minutes of silence after the end of track 13. Anybody know about this Really Cool song? I really liked it and wished it wasn't hidden so it wouldn't be so hard to play on the CD.

02-26-2004 15:25 Da-Dave is offline Send an Email to Da-Dave Search for Posts by Da-Dave Add Da-Dave to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yeah that's a fun track...

why they did not put "Nowhere is someplace" in that big huge gap is beyond me!

02-26-2004 15:31 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

RE: hidden track Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think the lyrics were posted at one time. I am not sure if
we added them to the lyrics section of the site yet or not.

Tim might have the story behind the song... he posts
here pretty often.

I think it was basically an improvisation, and Terry later
fleshed out the lyrics...

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-26-2004 15:33 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

RE: hidden track Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah "Nowhere is Someplace", I am not sure why
it was not on the album other than I think they wanted
something special on the mp3.com page. I have
no idea really why that decision was made.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-26-2004 15:35 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

Attention Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You have found it, the golden ticket!
MBD 2 cd set has a hidden track on only 5 CDs
You Lucky DoG !

Now you get to visit Daniel amos land ! woo hoo...

have fun... Wink

02-26-2004 15:36 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

there's a hidden track? really??? Confused

Cool

02-26-2004 16:09 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
...I discovered a hidden track, burried under about 14 minutes of silence after the end of track 13...

darn, now it is no longer hidden.

02-26-2004 16:38 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Yeah, amazing that when I first added up the track times, both CDs came up pretty close on the total disc time. I'm thinking, umm, how can that be, when there are only 13 tracks on the second? I played it through without thinking, expecting it to flip back to track 1, and it just kept going and going like the Energizer Bunny. Then this goofy track!

Btw on Glimpses of Grace for some strange reason the last track 'You Lay Down' is far longer than the one on John Wayne. Hmmm. For those of you who don't frequent C-stone, you might want to buy it and check it out...

02-26-2004 17:16 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

I thought on Nowhere is Someplace Terry said something to the effect that it didn't fit with the theme of MBD. Then it decided to make it an MP3-only track on the site.

Does that ring a bell?

02-26-2004 17:19 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Hmmmmmm. I did not know that.

02-26-2004 17:19 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

I did know that there was a hidden track on MBD though Tongue

02-26-2004 17:20 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

I don't remeber who transcribed the lyrics and I'm not sure that all of them are exactly right, but it's darn close.

highdy ho

Big bop B,
poopy-doo pie band
hippy kai, hippy kai, here we go again
Polka-dot town 'roun double back chin,
Dumble aye, Tumble aye, How ya'll been
say highdy ho, taekwon do
suck back ticky tack, jus' whatta you need
say highdy ho,
Sloe-eyed Joe gonna bear a great wind
Greg, Tim, Terry and Ed
say highdy ho, taekwon do
slap back ticky tack, just whatta you know
say highdy ho, B bop B, B pie band
Hippy kai, Hippy kai, here we go again
Polka dot tie 'roun double neck chin
Gumble aye, tumble aye, How you been
say highdy ho, taekwon do,
slap back ticky tack, jus' whatta you know
say highdy ho,
Sloe-eyed Joe gonna bear great winds
Greg, Tim, Terry and Ed say highdy ho
taekwon do, slap back ticky tack,
just Whatta you know...
"Ya just gotta get it out once in a while you know"

Tongue

02-27-2004 09:19 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
Btw on Glimpses of Grace for some strange reason the last track 'You Lay Down' is far longer than the one on John Wayne. Hmmm. For those of you who don't frequent C-stone, you might want to buy it and check it out...

I never noticed that!

Thanks! Smile )

02-27-2004 09:39 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
booswain1 booswain1 is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 02-19-2004

I like the Hidden track on the daniel amos best of..or is it terry taylor best of...anyway..

our napsacks on our BACKS
03-09-2004 08:12 booswain1 is offline Send an Email to booswain1 Search for Posts by booswain1 Add booswain1 to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

The Hidden Track...

Your Hidden Hand

No not really, I just wanted to say it.

03-10-2004 21:33 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

there's a hidden track? Shocked

Roll Eyes

03-10-2004 21:41 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

To the top!

04-02-2005 23:45 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

I've always wondered if there is a significance to the fact that this song starts at 17:17 on my CD player's time display.

04-02-2005 23:48 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe

I never noticed that!

Thanks! Smile )

I still need to check that out. I love that song! Smile )

04-02-2005 23:50 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

me too.

i love that song!!!!

04-03-2005 00:41 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » hidden track

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH