Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » So yes, a poll for all to read... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page So yes, a poll for all to read... 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

here's 10 for right now....i am not sure if it's my final answer:

john lennon - plastic ono band
stevie wonder - songs in the key of life
daniel amos - mbd
paul mccartney - ram
bob dylan - saved
the choir - flap your wings
adam again - perfecta
kiss - alive
the beatles - the beatles (the white album)
the alarm - declaration

02-08-2004 20:27 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

In something resembling an order....

Swirling Eddies -- Zoom Daddy
Vigilantes of Love -- Slow Dark Train
Big Star -- 3rd
John Lennon -- Plastic Ono Band
Public Image Ltd. -- Second Edition
The Velvet Underground -- The Velvet Underground (3rd -- see below Smile )
The Waterboys -- Fisherman's Blues
The Kinks -- ....Are the Village Green Preservation Society
Bob Dylan -- Bringing It All Back Home
Beach Boys -- Pet Sounds

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
02-09-2004 08:02 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

RE: in no order Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
1) Beatles - Revolver
2) Beatles - White Album
3) Wilco - YHF
4) DA - MBD
5) DA - dfbb
6) DA Live Bootleg
7) The Who Live at Leeds
Cool Stuart Davis - Late Great SD
9) The 77's Sticks & Stones
10 Circle Slide - The Choir

I'm sure tomorrow I would have a different list...
or this afternoon even!

I think I would have to throw SF59's "Old" in there some place...
where I am not sure... maybe I just need to go to 15 records...

02-09-2004 08:34 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Thumb Down! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arcticsunburn
quote:
I keep seing the band Extreme... I never cared much for them or that record III sides to every story. Kinda funny to keep seeing that one pop up... I have not thought about that record in years! Tongue

I guess if you had something against "hair metal" in general, you wouldn't like Extreme. But listen carefully to the music and the message, and you'll find that they ain't no "hair metal" band.

No I had a roomate back in my "single" years who owned that CD and I thought it was just bland, dull and boring... not at all very creative or good...

pretty much sucked!

Sorry.

02-09-2004 08:36 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

quote:
Originally posted by joey

nah.... i really like guns and roses, the crue, poison and a lot of those bands... but extreme and the van halen album where that guy sings just flat out suck..... Tongue

All Van Halen sucks! Red Face

~Groucho~
02-09-2004 21:09 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

i won't dispute that, and i went to PCC.
02-09-2004 21:13 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

i will dispute that.....

02-09-2004 21:15 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

quote:
Originally posted by baxter
i won't dispute that, and i went to PCC.

i went there one semester.........

Cool
02-09-2004 22:29 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Wes won't believe it.
02-09-2004 22:40 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

eddie was already a big star by then... not that it really matters... Red Face

Cool
02-09-2004 22:42 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Was the Van de Kamps on the corner across the street still there?

i liked their enchiladas with fritos.
02-10-2004 00:06 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

I really like the first Van Halen record and I am pretty fond of 1984 as well.

02-11-2004 08:21 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by DwDunphy
Van Halen is a talented band... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

...without an anchor.

David Lee Roth wasn't the best singer or lyricist, but he was a showman.

Sammy Hagar wasn't a good lyricist either, and his drinkin' & druggin' attitude was tired, tired, tired, but he could sing the antennae off a cabo-wabo-cockroach.

But Gary Cherone... He just did not fit. Not at all. He's not a wild showman, he's not a particularly powerful singer. Good, yes but not earth-shakingly good. His lyrics weren't so swell either. In Extreme, he could play off of Nuno Bettencourt but in VH, he seemed exactly like the surrogate he was.

DwD
02-11-2004 11:02 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

RE: Van Halen is a talented band... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
...without an anchor.

Sammy Hagar wasn't a good lyricist either, and his drinkin' & druggin' attitude was tired, tired, tired, but he could sing the antennae off a cabo-wabo-cockroach.

But Gary Cherone... He just did not fit. Not at all. He's not a wild showman, he's not a particularly powerful singer. Good, yes but not earth-shakingly good. His lyrics weren't so swell either. In Extreme, he could play off of Nuno Bettencourt but in VH, he seemed exactly like the surrogate he was.

DwD

Very well said. Except that after,
quote:
"How do I know when it's love?
I can't tell you but it lasts forever
Oh! How does it feel when it's love?
It's just something you feel together

(Oh oh oh oh) Oh, when it's love
(Oh oh oh oh) You can feel it, yeah!
(Oh oh oh oh) Nothin's missin', yeah!"

I would say "...Hagar wasn't a good lyricist" is being charitable.

02-11-2004 11:50 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Attention Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
I really like the first Van Halen record and I am pretty fond of 1984 as well.

van halen was only van halen with david lee roth..... period.. end of discussion.... Red Face

Cool

02-11-2004 11:51 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

I agree! Pleased

02-11-2004 15:08 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Attention Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ice-t - "wise choice!" Cool

02-11-2004 15:16 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

RE: Van Halen is a talented band... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
...without an anchor.

DwD

Apparently Gary was very energetic when he toured with Van Halen. So you can't say that he wasn't a good showman. I always come back to the fact that Gary sounded good with Extreme, but not with Van Halen. Nuno may be a contributing factor, but I don't think that's all. Van Halen III was simply terrible. No soaring harmonies, no melodic content, no real Van Halen riffs, no tightness within the band, overly elaborate 85-minute arrangements, etc. All the things that made Van Halen were not to be seen. They had the potential to do a great album, but they blew it.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by arcticsunburn: 02-11-2004 23:54.

02-11-2004 23:52 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.

van halen was only van halen with david lee roth..... period.. end of discussion.... Red Face

Cool

True, but........

........they suck no matter who sings! Red Face

In my opinion anyway. Pleased

~Groucho~
02-12-2004 00:15 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Amen. Except for that one good song they had on each of the Dave albums. Would've made a kickin' EP. (or given VH's penchant, it've been marketed as a full-length album anyway) Big Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by carl: 02-12-2004 07:54.

02-12-2004 07:53 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » So yes, a poll for all to read...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH