Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » So yes, a poll for all to read... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page So yes, a poll for all to read... 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

So yes, a poll for all to read... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

After my slight rant on "BoobGate" a few days back, I thought to myself, what would be the ten recordings that I would need in order to survive a catastrophic bout of isolation (desert island? stranded in the moutains? took the right turn at Alberquerque?)?

I'm still compiling the master list, but I thought I'd put it to all of you: what albums, think all of you, that you couldn't live without.

It's like buttah. I'm all verklempt.
DISCUSS.

DwD
02-06-2004 21:33 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

where's the poll??? Roll Eyes

Cool
02-06-2004 21:37 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by DwDunphy
Maybe I misphrased... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm polling the board for your necessary 10 recordings.

So Joey, what are your 10?
02-06-2004 21:57 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

oh, ok... there is a spot at the bottom of new threads to make an actual "poll" btw.... Wink

10. Scaterd Few- Sin Disease
9. 77's- Pray Naked
8. LSU- Grace Shaker
7. Smashing Pumpkins- Siamese Dream
6. Violent Femmes- 1st album
5. Adam Again- Dig
4. DA- The Alarma Chronicles
3. Pink Floyd- The Wall
2. U2- The Joshua Tree
1. Da- Darn Floor, Big Bite Cool

Cool
02-06-2004 22:21 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Tough question! But here are my picks, in no particular order.

1. Led Zeppelin IV

2. Darn Floor Big Bite

3. Mozart Symphonies 35-41 / Berlin Philharmonic

4. Dig / Adam Again

5. UP! / Shania Twain

6. Colours / Rez Band

7. Sticks and Stones / 77's

8. The Complete 1949 London Recordings / Andres Segovia

9. Rubber Soul / The Beatles

10. Abbey Road / The Beatles

~Groucho~

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Squidzit: 02-07-2004 00:09.

02-07-2004 00:07 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Confused no idea what happened here. Confused

~Groucho~

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Squidzit: 02-07-2004 00:09.

02-07-2004 00:07 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Van Halen - Van Halen
DA - Alarma!
Extreme: III Sides to Every Story

And various others...

02-07-2004 00:11 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

in no order Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

1) Beatles - Revolver
2) Beatles - White Album
3) Wilco - YHF
4) DA - MBD
5) DA - dfbb
6) DA Live Bootleg
7) The Who Live at Leeds
8) Stuart Davis - Late Great SD
9) The 77's Sticks & Stones
10 Circle Slide - The Choir

I'm sure tomorrow I would have a different list...
or this afternoon even!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 02-07-2004 11:18.

02-07-2004 11:17 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

This would be very tough. Here goes. I'm not sure this is in exact order, but fairly close.

1. Daniel Amos - The Alarma Chronicles
2. Echo & The Bunnymen - Songs To Learn & Sing or Crystal Days 1979-1999 (Boxset)
3. U2 - Joshua Tree
4. King's X - Gretchen Goes To Nebraska
5. Extreme - III Sides To Every Story
6. Vigilantes Of Love - Killing Floor
7. Marillion - The Best Of Both Worlds
8. Adam Again - Dig
9. Bob Dylan - The Essential
10. Kansas - The Ultimate Kansas
11. The Beatles - Complete Collection

Close in here somewhere would also be:

12. U2 - Achtung Baby
13. U2 - All That You Can't Leave Behind
14. The Call - Reconciled
15. Cheap Trick - The Essential
16. The Church - Under The Milky Way: The Best Of The Church
17. Talk Talk - Natural History The Very Best Of Talk Talk
18. Led Zeppelin - The Complete Studio Recordings
19. L.S.U. - Shaded Pain
20. The 77's - The 77's
21. The Choir - Never Say Never Again

I forgot The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds. It's in there somewhere.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mark: 02-09-2004 12:45.

02-07-2004 11:28 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Thumb Down! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I keep seing the band Extreme... I never cared much for them or that record III sides to every story. Kinda funny to keep seeing that one pop up... I have not thought about that record in years! Tongue

02-07-2004 11:34 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I have all the Extreme CD's, but III Sides is light years ahead of all their other stuff. I like the music and the lyrics are some of the best committed to record.

02-07-2004 11:42 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Thumb Down! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
I keep seing the band Extreme... I never cared much for them or that record III sides to every story. Kinda funny to keep seeing that one pop up... I have not thought about that record in years! Tongue

what's even worse is the van halen album with that guy singing....... Roll Eyes

Cool
02-07-2004 12:48 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

MBD
Alarma Chronicles
Satellite Sky - Heard
Little Red Riding Hood
The Vigil - Kemper Crabb
Bach's Magnificat
Vaughan William's The Lark Ascending
Avalon Sunset - Van
Time the Revelator - Gillian Welch
Testimony - Neal Morse
02-07-2004 13:08 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

I can't put these in order but here's my ten:

DA--DFBB
Terry Taylor--Knowledge and Innocence
The Residents--Demons Dance Alone
The Choir--Free Flying Soul
The Lost Dogs--Little Red Riding Hood
The Swirling Eddies--Outdoor Elvis
Frank Black--Frank Black
The Eels--Electro Shock Blues
Starflyer 59 Everybody Makes Mistakes
DAS--Devils Angels Saints

02-07-2004 13:31 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

quote:
Originally posted by joey
quote:

what's even worse is the van halen album with that guy singing....... Roll Eyes

Don't even go there... Frown

02-07-2004 22:58 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:

I guess if you had something against "hair metal" in general, you wouldn't like Extreme. But listen carefully to the music and the message, and you'll find that they ain't no "hair metal" band.

02-07-2004 22:59 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

"Sooner or later, you'll be a 'hair band metal' hater. It's inevitable." Red Face

02-07-2004 23:35 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by arcticsunburn
quote:

I guess if you had something against "hair metal" in general, you wouldn't like Extreme. But listen carefully to the music and the message, and you'll find that they ain't no "hair metal" band.

nah.... i really like guns and roses, the crue, poison and a lot of those bands... but extreme and the van halen album where that guy sings just flat out suck..... Tongue

Cool
02-08-2004 00:43 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
You Gotta Be There
unregistered

in no particular order:

Phil Keaggy - "Beyond Nature"
Simon and Garfunkel - "Bookends"
Paul Simon - "There Goes Rhymin' Simon"
The Beatles - "Beatles For Sale"
DA - "Darn Floor Big Bite"
Lost Dogs - "Gift Horse"
Various Artists - "Surfonic Water Revival"
John Cougar Mellencamp - "Scarecrow"
Bruce Cockburn - "Dart to the Heart"
Randy Stonehill - "The Sky is Falling"
02-08-2004 10:54
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

i like that list. i haven't heard "Rushing towards oblivion..." in awhile.
02-08-2004 15:21 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » So yes, a poll for all to read...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH