Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Zoom Daddy » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Zoom Daddy
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I don't really dislike any DA album, there are some that I have to be in the right mood for.

any one of them could be my favorite for the month.

oh well, I like what I like

BD

06-19-2002 21:21 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Author of the Post
For me, I think that Kalhoun is the album that was the turning point for Daniel Amos and possibly their most pinnacle album (not to say the best.) Kalhoun was like a total rebirth from everything they'd done before. I think that after we see a few more DA albums come out (I do hope there will be many more to come) that MBD will be seen as another milestone dividing epochs of the band. When it comes to albums that I most play, I'd have to list these (beginning with most):

I definitely like Kalhoun, too. Father Explains would go in my play list if I ever toured solo (I'm working on getting my band together first, of course).

It sounds like the Lost Dogs, but keep in mind that the Lost Dogs sold lots of records... wait a minute...

06-19-2002 23:50 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
For me, I think that Kalhoun is the album that was the turning point for Daniel Amos and possibly their most pinnacle album {SNIP}

Yeah, Kalhoun is the album I'm tempted most to buy next.

~KafLL

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

06-20-2002 08:55 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by Kaf-N-8ed

quote:
For me, I think that Kalhoun is the album that was the turning point for Daniel Amos and possibly their most pinnacle album {SNIP}

Yeah, Kalhoun is the album I'm tempted most to buy next.

~KafLL

Except I still don't understand what the deal is with that foreign version of Kalhoun they sell at Amazon.com as new. Nobody's ever explained to me what's up with that? Did the DA guys lose the rights to Kalhoun at poker or something?

Shocked

~KafLL

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

06-20-2002 08:57 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

quote:
Originally posted by Scrimshaw Nick

That's funny, Kalhoun is the one album that I would list as lame . . . well, maybe "lame" is a harsh word. It gets the least amount of play by me and ranks right down there with Real Men Cry (except for "3-Legged Dog, of course.)

Ok, I am ready to recieve all my hate mail now.

Hate mail? Nah... At least I'm not like that, if you Mountain Dew me off I'll just yell "Kalhoun!" (The song "Virgin Falls"--how can one not love it?)

It's funny that you like "3-legged dog." That's my least favorite off "Real Men Cry."

Different strokes for different folks!

KALHOUN!!!

-- The Author of the Post
06-20-2002 09:08 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Alvyn Kalhoun
unregistered

quote:

KALHOUN!!!

-- The Author of the Post

Hullo?

did someone call?

Alvyn

06-20-2002 09:18
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Alllll-VYN!!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sorry, had to do that....

Re: Kalhoun: Starts with a bang. Several, actually. Ends with a whimper. Several, actually. Once I get past "I Will Return," "Gloryhound"s the only song I really latch onto. I'd really like to like "Father Explains" more than I do, just on general principle, but I don't. The Eddies albums cover the same general ground Kalhoun does but with more humor and daring.

Just my....um....er.... carl thoughts.....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
06-20-2002 09:22 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

Kalhoun... hmmmmm... great stuff, but it's just never gotten to me in the way some other DA albums have. It's got some great songs, though. "If You Want To" (of course) and "Tracking the Amourous Man" are among my favorite DA tunes, and you gotta love the title track.
06-20-2002 10:23 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Beat Menace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Lost Canine
I wouldn't go as far as saying that Kalhoun was/is a rebirth, but I definately put it in the category as a classic. It was a great follow-up to DFBB (though not quite as good).
LK-9

Kalhoun is much better than DFBB. It is a coming out for DA, leaving the dreadful '80s behind them.

Bob
06-20-2002 13:51
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

dfbb vs. kalhoun Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Feeling the heat, hell at your feet
Don't even speak of mr. beat menace

06-20-2002 15:52 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

I dunno Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I heard somewhere that Kalhoun and Virgin Falls are hideous (hideous, hideous!)

06-20-2002 20:13 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Thread Starter Thread Started by Lost Canine

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe

I must be weird, cause I love both songs. I think Kalhoun (song) is very funny and good R&R.
LK-9

06-20-2002 21:31 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by John Foxe

quote:

I must be weird, cause I love both songs. I think Kalhoun (song) is very funny and good R&R.
LK-9

Kalhoun rocks!!! but to say any album by any band is better than DFBB is just asking to get your burro kicked!!! Pleased

06-21-2002 00:40 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

quote:
Originally posted by Beat Menace
quote:
I wouldn't go as far as saying that Kalhoun was/is a rebirth, but I definately put it in the category as a classic. It was a great follow-up to DFBB (though not quite as good).
LK-9

Kalhoun is much better than DFBB. It is a coming out for DA, leaving the dreadful '80s behind them.

Bob

Dreadful '80s? You're all crazy! Alarma! is the best (wait, I think I said that already). Well here it is anyway. Alarma! is the best!

06-21-2002 01:10 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

"I dunno

"I heard somewhere that Kalhoun and Virgin Falls are hideous (hideous, hideous!)"

Heard that about the latter, never about the former. Kalhoun, as aforementioned, rocks. Virgin Falls, however, is like bad buffalo wing sauce. Sure it's hot/loud, but where's the TASTE?

06-21-2002 07:43 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Lucy Lucy is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-16-2002

Zoom Daddy and best cd's etc Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey all-I haven't been on here in a while, but I do like Zoom Daddy. I wouldn't put it at the top, but I wouldn't put DFBB at the top either, which around here is nearing heresy...This is how I'd call it

1)Kalhoun tied with Motorcycle
2)Vox HumAna
3)Alarma tied with Outdoor Elvis
4)MBD
5)HD

I think Kalhoun is probably the most under rated album the boys have put out. This was strictly DA/SE I didn't even touch the Dogs, as they really are another entity
Something else that is funny about these guys is the fact that although certain albums don't rate high on my list there are individual songs that would rate high on mytop songs list
ie...Zoom Daddy-title track, and the twist
also Fearfull Symetry-Shadow Catcher

anywho this is my two cents worth
Lucy(aka Jonny E.)
06-21-2002 12:00 Lucy is offline Send an Email to Lucy Homepage of Lucy Search for Posts by Lucy Add Lucy to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Thread Starter Thread Started by Lost Canine

Lucy=Jonny E???
Oh well, as I type this, I see that Mr. Chandler is online, and he once performed in a dressSmile !

I agree about Kalhoun, it's very underrated and an awesome album (I too can't think of a bad DA\SE album). However, you can't put DFBB in your top 5??? Here's my rating:

1. DFBB
2. Kalhoun
3. HD
4. Alarma
5. Zoom Daddy (And this list does change from time to time).
LK-9

06-21-2002 12:09 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Nononono.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It goes like THIS:

1) Zoom Daddy
2) MotorCycle
3) Outdoor Elvis
4) Scenic Routes
5) Mr. Buechner’s Dream

06-21-2002 12:53 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

your all wrong

it's like this

nevermindWink

06-21-2002 13:03 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Close but no cigar... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

5. Outdoor Elvis
4. SOTH- WEWH Mellow version- Disk II
3. The Alarma Chronicles
2. MBD
1. DFBB- don't you know anything??? Wink

06-21-2002 13:22 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Zoom Daddy

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH