Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » What do the Lost Dogs and George Jones have in common? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What do the Lost Dogs and George Jones have in common? 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Thumb Down! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

noFrown

02-17-2004 13:16 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
only if zippy can get me a seat next to him...

You can sit on my lap if you can get in the door!

Somebody tell me their coming to the show!

August 2005
02-17-2004 15:25 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by zippetydoodaddy
quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
only if zippy can get me a seat next to him...

You can sit on my lap if you can get in the door!

Somebody tell me their coming to the show!

First of all, BD has told us that he is not that big. Of course he can get in the door!

Second, I can tell you I'm coming to the show if you can forgive my lying to you.

Tongue

02-17-2004 16:02 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Woolly Eggwhisk

How did you lie to me? I don't under...wait, no. I get it you're lying and I'm forgiving because you're saying but not going! In the words of the Australian in Jurassic Park, "Clever Girl".

In the meantime, anyone care to guess what songs the Dogs will Doo in their allotted 25 minute set?

I'll return tomorrow with the correct answer, but it's fun to venture a guess.

Here's mine:

Deeper in the Heart
Moses in the Desert
If You Loved Here...
Pretend I'm Elvis
Real Men Cry
Breathe Deep
Free Drinks

August 2005
02-17-2004 17:10 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
How did you lie to me? I don't under...wait, no. I get it you're lying and I'm forgiving because you're saying but not going! In the words of the Australian in Jurassic Park, "Clever Girl".

In the meantime, anyone care to guess what songs the Dogs will Doo in their allotted 25 minute set?

I'll return tomorrow with the correct answer, but it's fun to venture a guess.

Here's mine:

Deeper in the Heart Smile
Moses in the Desert Smile
If You Loved Here... Red Face
Pretend I'm Elvis Roll Eyes i kind of doubt it
Real Men Cry Smile
Breathe Deep Red Face
Free Drinks Smile

let's see....

Bullet Train
Bad Indigestion
Bush League
Hey You Little Devil
Three Legged Dog

maybe they shouldn't do those either.... Roll Eyes

how about...?

Wild Ride
Gates of Eden
Dust on the Bible
In The Distance
Real Men Cry
A Vegas Story
A Blessing in Desguise

02-17-2004 20:31 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
[Somebody tell me their coming to the show!

so, how was it...

02-18-2004 08:54 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Wink ^ what he said Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

?

02-18-2004 10:28 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

What a great way to see the Dogs! They sounded great. Technically on the money. The sound system wasn't geared toward them though. You know how the headliner gets all the best effort from the engineers and the openers get about 10 minutes. That's how it seemed. But besides a weird popping during the second song they were flawless.

Somehow all the Lost Dogs fans were seated together so we had the bulk of the cheering coming from our section, but the crowd really did love them. There were a lot of white hairs and tall hats and they gave polite but enthusiastic applause.

So what do the Dogs play for George Jones crowd?

A Certain Love (nice opener)
Free Drinks and a Dream (Derri was a little hard to hear)
Pretend I'm Elvis (the crowd got into it)
Real Men Cry (Mike was in true form)
The Great Divide (beautiful harmony)
If You Loved Here You'd Be Home By Now (Terry Rocks!)

I've got a meeting now but I'll be back to rag on the George Jones show a bit.

August 2005
02-18-2004 12:06 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Thanks Zip

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
02-18-2004 12:33 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

Shocked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
A Certain Love (nice opener)
Free Drinks and a Dream (Derri was a little hard to hear)
Pretend I'm Elvis (the crowd got into it)
Real Men Cry (Mike was in true form)
The Great Divide (beautiful harmony)
If You Loved Here You'd Be Home By Now (Terry Rocks!)

so, does anyone have a BooT of this Roll Eyes

02-18-2004 13:47 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

No boot, but pictures yet to come.

-Zipples

August 2005
02-18-2004 15:01 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

What was the humorous banter like?

Did Terry and Mike argue about Charleton?
02-18-2004 15:06 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

Did anyone tell them that Edward G. Robinson did not play Aaron?

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
02-18-2004 15:15 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

They either determined by themselves or were told to abide by the rule "No Skylarking"

The only joke was the "It's an effective campaign. In fact every time I see one I pull over and buy an apartment complex" intro to "If You Loved Here".

August 2005
02-18-2004 16:28 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Skylarking is what they do best!
(nice term)

I can see toning it down for the tall hats.
(another nice term)

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
02-19-2004 10:25 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
They either determined by themselves or were told to abide by the rule "No Skylarking"

Thank God! Big Grin

quote:
The only joke was the "It's an effective campaign. In fact every time I see one I pull over and buy an apartment complex" intro to "If You Loved Here".

OK. They can keep that one. That's a good one, and especially relevant to their CA audience....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
02-19-2004 13:03 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
No Carl- I think they are saying

"Used to open for the Big names......"

JK - someones gotta be the bad boy after the loss of Johnny.
I think it is an honorable slot to be a part of- I am not a particular fan, but lots and lots of people buy his records..

But remember, The Beatles sold lots of records too....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
02-19-2004 14:12 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What did Carl mean about the CA audience?
02-19-2004 16:57 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Originally posted by baxter

Yeah!

August 2005
02-19-2004 17:36 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by baxter

Yeah!

i've only seen those signs that say if you lived here you'd be home by now when i lived in cali.... but who ever knows what carl means..... Red Face

Tongue

02-19-2004 17:41 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » What do the Lost Dogs and George Jones have in common?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH