Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Cornerstone 2004 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Cornerstone 2004 5 Votes - Average Rating: 8.205 Votes - Average Rating: 8.205 Votes - Average Rating: 8.20
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hmmmmm...... yeah I agree this is not the 77s or DA's heyday.

But, my point is... if you cater to the POD, Etc. crowd, and not the
Cornerstone festival alumni....thats all you will be left with is that
crowd. The alumni won't be there to mix in with the ones they
want to bring into the fest.

I am all for mixing them in, and bringing in others that would not
normally come to a Christian fest. But lets not forget that this IS
a Christian fest, this IS Cornerstone. It's not Creation and it's not
Ozzfest.

What I am saying, I guess is keep Cornerstone what it always
was....a special fest that had all the Christian acts no other fest
would touch...the what Christian radio is not fest...the not sold
out to stephen curtis the Tuxedo Clad Megastar fest....AND....book some bands to
bring in new people that wouldn't otherwise come...because you
want them to come in and experience what Cornerstone always
was.

That IS the direction I thought they always were going.

But it seems like they are changing direction, that is what I am saying
I believe is a mistake.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
01-06-2004 18:56 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

RE: The Alarm Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by zippetydoodaddy
Me and Elbel went and saw The Alarm when they played here in LA and they are Mike Peters + some brits posing as The Alarm, but they really do sound like the old guys. It's a great show and if you do go to the BIG show, see them.

That's all I have to say about that.

Thats good to know....I've been sort of puzzled by Mike's solo work...it's fairly uneven in quality, and lyrically it's been pretty poor. The one thing that always amazes me about him is the fact that he releases records all the time. It's crazy, you go to either the Mike Peters or Alarm sites and there is always some sort of new solo record, box set, or re-release, or live show that he is selling.

jeffrey k.

01-06-2004 20:18 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

RE: Yeah I know Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
Jeffrey, I know my post bothered you last time, and I'm sorry for that. I don't want to appear insensitive, and I do have some idea of where you're coming from on this issue (from what's on your web site.)

I'm also sorry if I came on a little too strong in that most recent post. We all know how the web works, and what's really on our hearts sometimes comes out in our posts sounding rude or angry or just plain cruddy when it wasn't intended that way. We're just not going to quite agree on that one perspective, and that's okay, hopefully we can extend a little grace to each other.

Truly, I WANT reasons to come to the fest. But I also want to be a wise steward of God's time and money as well. I'm an optimist and hope things will change for the better. In the meantime, I think I will pray for wisdom regarding these cstone issues.

Thanks for your heart on this.

- John

John,

Thanks for your reply. In all honesty, I didn't think that you were rude or angry, just maybe that you had missed the bigger point of the message. That isn't a slight to you at all, I just know if I'm frustrated about something, sometimes I miss stuff and then have a different impression of what happened. I also wanted to clarify Bono's message because you aren't the only one I've heard this from. I think many folks thought is was yet another plea for money to support yet another cause, and just tuned it out...which is unfortunate. At any rate, I appreciate your thoughts, and please understand that I in no way meant to jump down your throat if it came across that way.

jeffrey

01-06-2004 20:32 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I agree that Mike's solo work has been spotty. I have his first 3 releases. I've got to say that the first one is the best. I receive mail from Mike's website, plus I've checked it out several times. Yes, he does put out a lot of stuff, i.e. repackaging, compilations, re-recordings, etc.

The shows he's doing now is billed as The Alarm 2000. Mike is the only original member, but they do put on a good show.

01-06-2004 20:54 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

C fests (never been to Cornerstone) are changing- not to say thats good or bad-
but I was rather disappointed that I missed C stone last year- after looking at the band list.
This year- I cannot justify traveling that far for so little (MHO Only..)
At this point there are 20 or so bands I am only remotely interested in seeing- and half of those I know only by name

- I am getting old
POD woould be fun-no doubt there, but to see a shortened show in whoo knows what kind of conditions just doesnt seem me cup o tea anymore.

heres Sonshine 04- in Wilmar Mn- so far...
(at least they have Petra- Ha HA !)

CONFIRMED BANDS FOR 04

38th Parallel
Apologetix
As i lay dying
Audio Adrenaline
Barlowgirl
Bleach
Bloodlined Calligraphy
Bloody Sunday
Chris Tomlin
Cofield
Crimson
Thorn
Disciple
Duvall
East West
FM Static
Fusebox
Gretchen
Insyderz
Jars of clay
Jeremy camp
John Reuben
Joy electric
Kat jones
Kevin clay/soundtracks for supermodels
Kutless
LA Symphony
Lucerin Blue
Mike Musick
Mortal Treason
Mourning September
Newsboys
OC Supertones
One Cross
Paul Wright
Peder Eide
Petra
Philmore
Pigeon John
Pillar
Project 86
Relient K
Sanctus Real
Seven Places
Silence The Epilogue
Skillet
Stereo Motion
Subseven
Superchick
Symphony In Peril
Telecast
Third Day
Thousand Foot Krutch
Three in One
Toby Mac
Violet Burning
Welton

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
01-07-2004 09:06 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

If it's any consolation, I just talked to JJT and he said the list that is on the fest site is just the first round of confirmed bands...so more to follow I suppose. Maybe we are fretting in vain...maybe.

jeffrey k.

01-07-2004 11:44 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.
If it's any consolation, I just talked to JJT and he said the list that is on the fest site is just the first round of confirmed bands...so more to follow I suppose. Maybe we are fretting in vain...maybe.

jeffrey k.

cool.... i scheduled the week of the 4th off with kind of in the back of my mind of possibly going... it is a good possibility if Da or the eddies play... Big Grin

but not just for the dogs or tst solo...... Red Face

01-07-2004 12:05 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Yeah we knew it was an early list, the only real part that concerns me
is when they say they are looking at doing things differently this year.
Or from now on.. or that they want to change direction.

And a major irritation to me, is if they book the Dogs or the guys
solo... and then criticize them or hold it against them in booking them
the next year because they didn't have high attendance or bring in
much money. When the usual fan base doesn't make the trip for
those versions of their shows. DA, Swirling Eddies or the 77s will always
bring in more people than the guys solo.

Ity's still early we will see....

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
01-07-2004 12:47 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
beatlenut
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Actually the original Alarm did reunite for a special on VH1 that is airing soon (I think). I'm on the Alarm Yahoo mailing list and I saw it in the past week. They perform 6-7 songs on the special.

This could be a real reunion concert which would be pretty cool. Just speculation though.
01-07-2004 12:57 beatlenut is offline Send an Email to beatlenut Search for Posts by beatlenut Add beatlenut to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

I think its so neat that all of you are talking about someone I've never even heard of......

Perhaps I forgot to set my Alarm here?

01-07-2004 13:07 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

are they the same as "the alarm" I see here?

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg...l=Bn7uvadokv8w8

01-07-2004 13:09 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

sorry- answered my own ?? with a search on Mike Peters

will check em out perhaps- I've never heard of them - honest.

But I dont see any Captain Beyond fans about either.

01-07-2004 13:11 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thread Starter Thread Started by DaLe

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy

yes, jiminy do check them out,

I have a few of thier cd's & a few LP's Shocked and a cassette or two...

very good stuff...

01-07-2004 13:41 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Anybody interested in starting a new festival featuring something different?

Different, Zip? Whatever could you mean?

That's what I want to know. If you could create your own realistic festival, what would you include?

August 2005
01-07-2004 15:14 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

So how much are they paying for P.O.D.?

I would think they are much spendier than the old Tooth & Nail days! Shocked

01-07-2004 15:50 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe uReViG
quote:
Originally posted by jiminy

yes, jiminy do check them out,

I have a few of thier cd's & a few LP's Shocked and a cassette or two...

very good stuff...

i love the alarm.
"declaration" is a great great album. i saw them when they started the "alarm 2000" tour. they went on around 11:00pm and played til 2am, when the place closed, and proceeded to set up in the parking lot and played til the cops broke it up (around 3am). before and after mike peters was awesome. he took time with anyone who wanted to say hi or talk. he showed an interest in the people that i haven't seen, by any artist, in a very long time. good times.

01-07-2004 16:17 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Anybody interested in starting a new festival featuring something different?

Different, Zip? Whatever could you mean?

That's what I want to know. If you could create your own realistic festival, what would you include?

during the revival of Woodstock didn't they have a smaller fest that coincided
with woodstock 94/99 with some of the actual orig. 60's / 70's woodstock artist's ?

maybe there is a market for a small travelling fest of older CCM/Cornerstone artist's ?
so here is my slightly realistic festival idea.

have :

the Lost Dogs & all the related bands (77s DA Choir)
Charlie Peacock
Steve Taylor & some band...
Mike Knott
Bride
Barry McQuire, V.O.L., Theo, OTR, SCB, Randy Stonehill etc. etc. ? ?...

all of these except Steve Taylor & SCB still exist to some regularity,
either touring or recording new CD's.

if these bands are available to tour, which I believe they all are Now.
they could all schedule a (like 3 weeks) mini-tour to coincide with each other,

say all meet in:

West/Calif. have a mini-fest
1st weekend Friday-Saturday (all above bands at same Location)

1st week Sun-Thur. travel & spot concerts along the way
each band schedule their own shows etc. which I think they all do now.

Midwest/Chicago have a mini-fest
2nd weekend Friday-Saturday (all above bands at same Location)

2nd week Sun-Thur. travel & spot concerts along the way
each band schedule their own shows etc. which I think they all do now.

East/Carolina? have a mini-fest
3rd weekend Friday-Saturday (all above bands at same Location)

3rd week Sun. travel & spot concerts along the way
each band schedule their own shows etc.
end of tour etc. ???

O.K. so it's maybe not ReaL realistic but...
I mean, what are the chances of say,

Mike & Terry playing in my Living RooM ?
or seeing Mike Knott in a coffee shop with 40 other people ?
or seeing Barry McQuire at a church with 50 other people ?
or seeing Charlie Peacock at a church with 70 other people ?
or seeing Bill Mallonee at a coffee shop with 70 other people ?
or seeing Bride at a club with 70 other people ?
hmmm... maybe it is realistic Confused Cool Roll Eyes Frown Smile )

01-07-2004 17:07 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Yes, that's what I'm talking about.

What kind of non-music distractions would enrich this festival?

August 2005
01-07-2004 17:57 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I kind of liked the days when the cool music you could get was through True Tunes. I loved their magazines and they carried great music that was hard to find elsewhere. Granted, yes, I did want these bands to make it bigger.

I kind of agree with what J. Edward Keyes said on the DADL. He said that it seems that CCM tends to be schmaltzy pop and that some of the better alternative bands have jumped to big labels. The only big alternative label left in CCM is Tooth & Nail (if you can call them CCM).

01-07-2004 19:23 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

quote:
Yes, that's what I'm talking about.

What kind of non-music distractions would enrich this festival?

FooD ! Pleased

01-08-2004 08:10 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Cornerstone 2004

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH