Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » What are you thankful for about Daniel Amos? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What are you thankful for about Daniel Amos?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
You Gotta Be There
unregistered
What are you thankful for about Daniel Amos? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

With Thanksgiving fast approaching, I ask:

What are you thankful for about Daniel Amos?

Me? Among other things, I'm thankful for "Mr. Buechner's Dream", an inexhaustible goldmine of 32 well-crafted pop/rock gems, that must be one of the best albums ever made.
ygbt
11-25-2003 14:38
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Jesus On The Shore

I know it's LD but it counts. So there.

August 2005
11-25-2003 14:41 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Me? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Sins of the Father"
the CAACONAA release version
11-25-2003 14:52 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm thankful Daniel Amos makes music! They have brought me 22 years of great music. Cool

~Groucho~
11-25-2003 19:02 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm thankful for the full artistry and style of the music and lyrics. I would have given up ages ago if not for the quality of both

11-25-2003 19:12 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

I'm thankful for a lot, but definitely that Terry & friends (Mike, Derri, Theo, etc.) are still making music, and I even get to see them once a year!

Smile )

11-25-2003 22:13 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

I am thankful the guys are still at it after all these years.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-27-2003 11:12 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

I'll put it this way... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm thankful to God that there are still artists with vision and stamina who chase after quality first and sweat the commerce later; creative people who share their experience with the Lord not through the battery of cliches, tired aphorisms and wristband mottos, but with plain, honest communication.

I'm thankful to live in an age where their message can still be heard without fear of being taken away in the middle of the night to be snuffed out for heresy.

I'm thankful Thanksgiving comes but once a year, because natural turkey Tryptophan is making me woozy.
DwD
11-28-2003 18:54 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Princess flower bottom Princess flower bottom is a female
Dignified Lazar

Registration Date: 11-22-2004

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Squidzit
I'm thankful Daniel Amos makes music! They have brought me 22 years of great music. Cool

Amen! Smile

11-24-2004 19:16 Princess flower bottom is offline Send an Email to Princess flower bottom Search for Posts by Princess flower bottom Add Princess flower bottom to your Buddy List
Gabriel Syme Gabriel Syme is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-135.gif

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

I am thankful for the musical & intellectual integrity & courage of the all the guys in Daniel Amos.

& I am thankful for the invention of sound recording because otherwise I would have never heard them.
11-24-2004 20:38 Gabriel Syme is offline Search for Posts by Gabriel Syme Add Gabriel Syme to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

No Turkeys Here Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

MBD!!!!!!!!!! Cool

And the first City On A Hill Album, which hooked me on Derri's voice, which led me to buy "Green Room Serenade Pt. 1," which made me think about buying MBD, except that I bought "Summershine" from VOL instead, because I though DA might be country...so I'm most thankful that a local radio station decided to play (once and only once) Ordinary-Extraordinary Day, and I heard it, and I rushed out and bought MBD. And I'm thankful MBD was my first DA album, because it is their best and I was not ready for country yet.
11-24-2004 21:32 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Great story. I did not know all that Tongue A lot of people here slam City On A Hill but good came out of it Pleased

11-24-2004 21:34 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Seems Derri's voice is a big drawing force for LD which ultimately leads to TST and DA. At least that happened with me too. And MBD is DA's best album IMHO.

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
11-24-2004 21:46 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Derri is awesome Pleased

11-24-2004 21:47 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

It's good to finally find out that I'm not in the minority, or at least not all alone in that thought! Big Grin

btw, I think his voice is just getting better and smoother the older he gets. His voice is so smooth its like butter. Cool

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
11-24-2004 21:54 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 08-28-2002

I am thankful for Mr. Buechner's Dream and Avocado Faultline Big Grin

gone, gone with God, but gone
11-26-2004 21:32 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List
Aqua Green Toupee Aqua Green Toupee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-19-2004

I dig it all.
11-28-2004 11:53 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
Chris Estey Chris Estey is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 12-13-2004

In the early 80s, my brother gave me a copy of "Doppleganger," hoping that it would "witness" to me ... I was totally into punk and though that much of it was strange compared to everything else (Christian music) my brother listened to. Brilliant on the one hand, a little cheesy on the other, but lyrically fascinating.

It was the song "Angels Tuck You In" and its message of not expecting comfort in this world and even embracement of suffering that turned my head around. It was the most punk thing I'd ever heard, though the music was more like Cars-style power pop.

I wish I could say that I live up to the strength of faith described by the singer of that song, but after 13 years of being a Christian I've yet to embrace those ideas as I need to. But I'm trying to, and that song still admonishes me to. It's still right on, even though I still feel like the weak person it exhorts to grow up and take on the yoke.

12-13-2004 08:02 Chris Estey is offline Send an Email to Chris Estey Homepage of Chris Estey Search for Posts by Chris Estey Add Chris Estey to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Cool I know exactly how you feel. Good story Smile )

12-13-2004 10:27 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Cool

01-20-2005 22:43 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » What are you thankful for about Daniel Amos?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH