Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » A Quote From The Bible - Surf's Up » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page A Quote From The Bible - Surf's Up
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 A Quote From The Bible - Surf's Up zippetydoodaddy 11-05-2003 13:02
 RE: A Quote From The Bible - Surf's Up Normal As The Next Guy 11-06-2003 09:04
 RE: A Quote From The Bible - Surf's Up dennis 11-06-2003 13:22

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

A Quote From The Bible - Surf's Up Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was just reading Foxy's note on the See Taylor Run thread and he quoted Ribbons and Bows, "Does anybody know precisely just where the wild wind blows?"

What fascinates me about Terry is that he can take a phrase from the Bible (the above is John 3:8 "The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.") and turn it into something new that I'd never considered. He does so without changing the meaning but draws a new impact out of the text that I may have missed, glossed over, or forgotten.

Which Terry line have you found out later was not his at all but a direct quote from the Word? Or which Bible phrase has made a new impact on you thanks to Terry's emphasis?

For me, tis this:

Half light, coming through the dark glass darkly
Half light, where faith and doubt remain
Half light, tattoo scars where shadows mark me
Half light, I don't expect you to explain

1 Corinthians 13:12
For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

August 2005
11-05-2003 13:02 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Normal As The Next Guy
Dignified Lazar

Registration Date: 02-18-2003

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I always liked

"Hold fast to hope that's in you;
don't always trust your eyes.",

from "Blessing in Disguise".

It seems those lines were influenced by the scriptures below:

Hebrews 3:6
But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

Hebrews 10:23
Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised);

Norm

PS Good thread, Z.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Normal As The Next Guy: 11-06-2003 09:06.

11-06-2003 09:04 Normal As The Next Guy is offline Send an Email to Normal As The Next Guy Search for Posts by Normal As The Next Guy Add Normal As The Next Guy to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I like that Bible Verse "Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we shall die!"

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 11-06-2003 13:22.

11-06-2003 13:22 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » A Quote From The Bible - Surf's Up

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH