Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » What is TT's best solo album and why? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What is TT's best solo album and why? 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ok, they would have to do more than that to rock..... Cool

10-30-2003 12:11 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Bfta Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

'Briefing' took the longest to sink in but it has been my favorite for some time. Just the sheer depth of emotion that comes out of each one of those songs just takes my breath away. You almost want to weep alongside Terry as his grandma is dying. And it makes you contemplate your own mortality too.

- John Wayne sounds closest to DA, but I like it the least. Couple of really great songs on it (Writers Block, You Lay Down), but a lot of fly-by country too.
- K&I and l,B have that signature Rob Watson sound I get in the mood for at times.
- Haven't been in the mood for Neverhood or Imaginarium recently.
- AF is one my wife likes even more than me. Loves that 'Piehole'!
- 'Ruckus', a bit of a letdown, but that's not fair of me since I was actually there in the audience.

You know, I always fall into this trap of hoping the solos sound like Daniel Amos. Anyone else do this too?

10-30-2003 18:24 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

K & I is a fave of mine..............ESPECIALLY since I got a signed copy by Terry (and Mike Roe........hey, what the heck, he was there!)

Have enjoyed Briefing, too.

But I'm not a real fan.

I'm rather pathetic when it comes to my music collection..................but that just gives me room to grow, right?? Right???????????????

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

10-30-2003 23:21 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

I say we all go visit dorf & Dork and listen to their music collections! Pleased

10-30-2003 23:26 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Okay!

Gee, I hope he's okay, with all this fire stuff going on in his neck of the woods.............................it's such a bummer.

My niece lives in Mendocino..............near San Diego. She wrote an e-mail to family the other day, and was staying indoors, but was okay. She works at a school, and they'd been closed for a few days....................so much to worry about
Frown Frown

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

10-30-2003 23:40 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Normal As The Next Guy
Dignified Lazar

Registration Date: 02-18-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by Normal As The Next Guy

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
You mean Petra actually released albums? I thought they
just disd a series of 'best of's.

I think they're competing with the Rolling Stones for most "best of" projects.

Petra:
"Petraphonics", "Petarafied", "War and Remembrance", "Power Praise".

Stones:
"Sucking in the 70's", "Hight Tide and Green Grass", "Hot Rocks", "More Hot Rocks", "Forty Licks", "Made in the Shade"

Petra just has two more to go. Of course if I actually went and looked at the Stones catalog thre would probably be like 500 other "best ofs" that I missed.
10-31-2003 19:56 Normal As The Next Guy is offline Send an Email to Normal As The Next Guy Search for Posts by Normal As The Next Guy Add Normal As The Next Guy to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Well what happened is that when Petra left Star song for Pakaderm Star Song go "nut's now how are we gonna make money? - i know lets make 15 greatest hits albums" and so they did.

Has there been a greatest hits from the pakaderm era? I don't know

10-31-2003 20:39 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Normal As The Next Guy
Dignified Lazar

Registration Date: 02-18-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by Normal As The Next Guy

I don't think there been a Petra "best of" form the Beyond Belief to present era. One other that would qulify for a Petra best of would be "Double Take", where they redid some of the older classics.

I think that Beyond Belief and the couple after it represented the best era for Petra.
10-31-2003 23:25 Normal As The Next Guy is offline Send an Email to Normal As The Next Guy Search for Posts by Normal As The Next Guy Add Normal As The Next Guy to your Buddy List
HEMISPHERICALHEADS HEMISPHERICALHEADS is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-07-2003

John Wayne hands down....

Chicken crosses the road really affected me..Plus it was the first solo disc I ever bought of his...Even the wife can handle it..My kids whistle along with Ten Gallon Hat...... Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by HEMISPHERICALHEADS: 11-01-2003 07:32.

11-01-2003 07:31 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
quote:
Originally posted by arcticsunburn
I honestly haven't heard anything besides some songs from Avocado Faultline. It's a really good album though.

Shocked

email me.

Done.

11-04-2003 00:56 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » What is TT's best solo album and why?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH