Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Audiori... got hint? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Audiori... got hint? 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ToryNotion

Sent you some email. You can probably guess the topic.

OK. If you sent it to the store address (which is the correct address), we won't see it until later this evening most likely. Our store computer died last night while trying to get caught up on email. It just froze up and would no longer boot. We're rebuilding the store machine from old parts... so far its working better than the old store computer ever did - but we still have to install a ton of crap before we can get back to work on store related stuff.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-28-2003 18:33 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
... I think a lot of these folks just assumed that the bands broke up.

I thought that for a short time.... luckily it was only for a short time and it was easy to get caught up.

I had Doppelganger but didn't see any DA again until Kalhoun Shocked

08-28-2003 18:42 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
ToryNotion
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 07-27-2003

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ToryNotion

Sent you some email. You can probably guess the topic.

OK. If you sent it to the store address (which is the correct address), we won't see it until later this evening most likely. Our store computer died last night while trying to get caught up on email. It just froze up and would no longer boot. We're rebuilding the store machine from old parts... so far its working better than the old store computer ever did - but we still have to install a ton of crap before we can get back to work on store related stuff.

Sent you a PM. Sorry about your computer problems. Just keep telling yourself, technology enriches my life, technology enriches ...

08-28-2003 19:21 ToryNotion is offline Send an Email to ToryNotion Search for Posts by ToryNotion Add ToryNotion to your Buddy List
Slappedhard
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 07-20-2003

Amen! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Commander Cote
I'd be willing to bet there are a good 8-10 live bootleg shows out there, such as "Live at the Oasis" (which is a pretty good recording), that you good sell. Now I know we talked at Cornerstone about all the whiners, but, I think that if you put out the cd and EXPLAIN to people, "Were trying to help the boys out here, so, were selling this live show (whatever show that might be) for $10, and, you can download the artwork here(whatever sight you choose, BD?)". Also put in your ad when you are selling a show such as this, "One Whine and You're Out" Of course there are always going to be complainers, but, maybe there are ways to minimize them. Now I talk to DA fans all the time and most of them would be happy with a blank disc and a paper sleeve. Most if not all have computers and do there own art work. So, the cost of doing a project such as this would be next to nothing.

Now, when it comes to something like "The 10 Songs" that DA recorded (I believe) between HD and Alarma, that might be something worth putting a little more effort into
(artwork, packaging).

Yes there are ways to do things to help the band make money. Now, me personally, I wasn't crazy about the Edward Daniel Taylor ll (Sorry Terry). I would rather spend $30
on a great bootleg with no artwork. There has got to be material (bootlegs, studio outtakes) out there that can be released. Pre-ordering is a great way to do it. If you make 500 of something and pre-order for $25, heck that's $12,500, I would think that
some money would be made, especially if the music's already recorded.

Let's face it, the days of DA selling big are probably gone, but for the true faithful fans
that are still out here we will help as much as we can. But, I feel some of this stuff better come more frequently or you're going to miss out on some great opportunities.

And if elected I promise...... ooh sorry, got carried a way.

It is worth reprinting.

The loyal fan base could be put to work locally promoting TT/DA/SE/LD music and concerts.
08-28-2003 21:44 Slappedhard is offline Send an Email to Slappedhard Search for Posts by Slappedhard Add Slappedhard to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

RE: Amen! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Slappedhard
quote:
Originally posted by Commander Cote
I'd be willing to bet there are a good 8-10 live bootleg shows out there, such as "Live at the Oasis" (which is a pretty good recording), that you good sell. Now I know we talked at Cornerstone about all the whiners, but, I think that if you put out the cd and EXPLAIN to people, "Were trying to help the boys out here, so, were selling this live show (whatever show that might be) for $10, and, you can download the artwork here(whatever sight you choose, BD?)". Also put in your ad when you are selling a show such as this, "One Whine and You're Out" Of course there are always going to be complainers, but, maybe there are ways to minimize them. Now I talk to DA fans all the time and most of them would be happy with a blank disc and a paper sleeve. Most if not all have computers and do there own art work. So, the cost of doing a project such as this would be next to nothing.

Now, when it comes to something like "The 10 Songs" that DA recorded (I believe) between HD and Alarma, that might be something worth putting a little more effort into
(artwork, packaging).

Yes there are ways to do things to help the band make money. Now, me personally, I wasn't crazy about the Edward Daniel Taylor ll (Sorry Terry). I would rather spend $30
on a great bootleg with no artwork. There has got to be material (bootlegs, studio outtakes) out there that can be released. Pre-ordering is a great way to do it. If you make 500 of something and pre-order for $25, heck that's $12,500, I would think that
some money would be made, especially if the music's already recorded.

Let's face it, the days of DA selling big are probably gone, but for the true faithful fans
that are still out here we will help as much as we can. But, I feel some of this stuff better come more frequently or you're going to miss out on some great opportunities.

And if elected I promise...... ooh sorry, got carried a way.

It is worth reprinting.

The loyal fan base could be put to work locally promoting TT/DA/SE/LD music and concerts.

Wow!
See? That's a GREAT idea! Pleased

08-29-2003 07:52 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Yes and it's the kind of feedback we need.

It gets quite discouraging when you put something out
that involves a lot of work or money and you get tons
of emails saying what people don't like about them.

We keep telling ourselves the happy campers are not emailing
and just happily listening to the CD. ...or DVD, eh Jeffrey?

And actually we just sent Terry a note about some tapes
he mentioned a while back. There are tapes that can be used,
we have to make sure Terry doesn't have some other plans for them.
But various demos and live stuff... we should be able to put out
in limited quantity. There are few unlabeled tapes that Tom G
had, he has no idea whats on them. There is at least one
24 track master that has two songs listed I never heard of,
(from the Horrendous Disc demo period)
but I guess Doug Doyle or someone would have to mix them.

We kinda wanted to do a CD of the before DA demo tape..
Jubal's Last Band, I think I mentioned it before. We got from
an old band member the cassette master. Yes, CASSETTE...
30 years old!!! And it looks it, the tape had seperated at both
ends of the spools... took some fixing. But, we got it taped off
and the sound isn't too bad, all things considering.
Now if we printed it as a collectable, for fans only it would
probably work. A few of the songs ended up on the first DA
album. See.. Jubal's Last Band demo
And we could probably put on some bonus live stuff from the period
or other demos.

There is a few live show videos that we wouldn't mind doing
collectors DVDs of.

The Horrendous Disc period demos, we would love
to put out, we have to talk to Terry about that.

(heh...yeah and to the 'whiners' ...maybe watch the "appology video"
on the Spittle and Phlegm DVD. Ter... I mean Camarillo has a message.)

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-29-2003 09:16 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

quote:
It gets quite discouraging when you put something out
that involves a lot of work or money and you get tons
of emails saying what people don't like about them.

We keep telling ourselves the happy campers are not emailing
and just happily listening to the CD. ...or DVD, eh Jeffrey?

Yeah....(I assume you are talking to me!)....in all fairness I've had a lot of really positive emails, but I've had some really negative ones too. My favorites are the ones where people email me just you to tell me how poorly I did on the dvd project, tell me they could have done it better on their IMAC/PC/whatever, and then slip in "if you ever need someone to work for the label, give me a call..." Oh sure, yeah...I'll do that.

It's weird, I think the internet has given people a "bullet proof" mentality that they can say whatever they want, and never have to own up to it , cause all they are doing is firing off missives into a void. People say some pretty horrible things in emails that they really never would have the stones to say in person. I think J & E would agree that if you are going to do "this" you have to be pretty thick skinned, and love the people you work for...cause the work, and even heartache involved with serving, can often outweigh the tangible benefits. (I think Pastors get this quite a bit too...not that I am saying I'm a pastor, but the serving people thing is similar.)

I can honestly say that the years I worked for Bill Mallonee & VOL and now running the label has really taught me some patience and the true meaning of giving and receiving grace. I used to really have a short fuse...sort of a "take no sh*t" attitude...and you really can't do that in this line of work...or as a believer I suppose. It still flares up in me from time to time, especially when people push my buttons, but I try to remember it's simply impossible to serve and have that attitude...and I think I've grown as a result. Never really saw it happening, until it did.

Anyway..I've probably rambled too much. Carry on....

jeffrey k.
www.lo-fidelity.com

PS...totally off topic, but does anyone else have trouble getting your avitar, or whatever they call the little picture you want in your messages, to upload and show up?

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by jeffrey k.: 08-29-2003 11:54.

08-29-2003 11:51 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

jeffery.......avatars still don't work.....but you can slap one in your signature Pleased

08-29-2003 12:01 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
mindgasket mindgasket is a male
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2003
Location: Just because we're hypnotized that don't mean we can't dance!

I Loved "the Apology"! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

...even better was Camarillo's cigarette-smoking special effect. Big Grin

I really don't get the complainers. I could see complaining if I were a Britney Spears fan, or Eminem, but 77's? DA? Seriously, these people should be flagellated!

Why do I love Mike Roe's stuff, or DA, or Knott...? Honestly, I listened to "Direct" the whole way home (about 5 hours) from last year's Lifest, windows down, sun shining. Why are our favorite artists called "Uncle" (Terry, Stonehill) , etc. so much? There's more than just a "hey man, great tune" connection.

When I and my big brother were stuck in a charismatic church that required us to have all the answers and dismissed our struggles and pain (thus intensely increasing them), a few people helped us to see God differently: C.S. Lewis, Mark Heard, Randy Stonehill, The Lost Dogs (I didn't come to know DA until later). But I've found comfort, courage, humor!... and God, in their words and music.

"My questions right now don't need all the answers
Just, please don't ever let go of me
No, don't ever stop loving me"

-OR-

"I'm asking you why
I never get inside the place that I belong
Whenever I think I've got a hold of you that's when
You're gone... Where would I go?
(it's always back to you)
Where would I run?
What would I do?
Forever back to you"

When I went through an agonizing divorce my family and close friends helped get me through it... and one of those close friends was Mike Roe, even though he doesn't know me from Adam. Ache Beautiful, Film at 11:00, Alone Together.... I made my own "Blood on the Tracks" cd full of Roe's songs. It helped.

Should I complain that I never got my "Life of David" cd from Knott's website, or that it took too long? If the price of hearing Hospital was to purchase one Britney Spears cd, two Eminem's, and three Snoop Dog's then it would be worth it (you'd probably need Knott's Hospital afterwards!). Besides, who could write and communicate Hospital with such believable and unaffected pathos? Knott (period).

Truth is fame or success isn't the appropriate reward for Roe, Taylor, Knott, Heard, Stonehill, etc. (though we wish(ed) it on them)... their rewards will be in heaven when they realize just how much their music was so many glasses of cold water to people like us. It sure would be nice to give some back, too... maybe by just being appreciative. Or by being patient and understanding when things take some time. It's the least we could do.

I enjoy their music so much, we all do. Honestly, it scares me to think of the day when I won't be able to purchase and then wait, like a kid on christmas eve, for my new 77's or DA album. I'd be begging God to make the sun go back in the sky just so I didn't have to become a Steven Curtis Chapman fan, or whoever the stale-pop fare is today.

And thanks, Audiori. They don't do it alone. Smile
08-29-2003 12:01 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Amen.

08-29-2003 12:07 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by Driver8
jeffery.......avatars still don't work.....but you can slap one in your signature Pleased

I see....that would make sense as to why I can't get it to work! I tried to put one in my signature...we will see if it works...

And it didn't...so how do I put in image in my signature???

Sorry again for the off topic post!

jeffrey k.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jeffrey k.: 08-29-2003 12:19.

08-29-2003 12:18 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
PuP

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.
quote:
Originally posted by Driver8

I see....that would make sense as to why I can't get it to work! I tried to put one in my signature...we will see if it works...

And it didn't...so how do I put in image in my signature???

Sorry again for the off topic post!

jeffrey k.

Slap [IMG] [/IMG] around the URL.

08-29-2003 12:24 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by PuP
Slap [IMG] [/IMG] around the URL.

Thanks man...! cool. Pup, is your image thing an At-At?

jeffrey k.

08-29-2003 12:29 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
PuP

You're welcome.

Actually, my image is a M.U.L.E. from the vintage video game of the same name.

08-29-2003 12:44 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Ubique Epoque

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
We kinda wanted to do a CD of the before DA demo tape..
Jubal's Last Band, I think I mentioned it before. We got from
an old band member the cassette master. Yes, CASSETTE...
30 years old!!! And it looks it, the tape had seperated at both
ends of the spools... took some fixing. But, we got it taped off
and the sound isn't too bad, all things considering.
Now if we printed it as a collectable, for fans only it would
probably work. A few of the songs ended up on the first DA
album. See.. Jubal's Last Band demo

That would be awesome! Pleased

08-29-2003 14:06 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Hello CC!

08-29-2003 15:15 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I'm going home!

Y'all have a great weekend!Pleased

I am sure I will not post 'til Tuesday!
So take care until then!

08-29-2003 15:24 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
ToryNotion
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 07-27-2003

quote:
Its out of our hands at this point.. once the package is in the mail
we can't do anything.

Discs arrived today. Thanks. Hope ya get that shipment of Horrendous Discs in real soon.

08-29-2003 15:26 ToryNotion is offline Send an Email to ToryNotion Search for Posts by ToryNotion Add ToryNotion to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Audiori... got hint?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH