Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA CDR listed at ebay » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA CDR listed at ebay
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's where the market is right now kids. It's like when I sold my last house that was 540 square feet for $104,000. You realize I only had $45,000 into it and the rest was profit. I put it all down on another house though. These guys are probably going to use the money for the first DA CD. The last time it was on ebay it went for $120.00 Roll Eyes

08-20-2003 09:55 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
ToryNotion
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 07-27-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by ToryNotion
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There is an extremely limited supply of sealed copies of Outdoor Elvis
(legitimately sealed or not) and a reasonably high demand for them among collectors. So you see these high prices. Now and again someone who does not realize the 'fair market price' will sell one at under market value
and the buyer gets a bargain. But astute sellers will price sealed copies
at around the price I paid. It's unfortunate that while there is a high demand for the few copies that circulate, there is not enough demand to warrant a reissue of 10,000 copies or so. Or maybe there is. The DA brain trust must know about the prices some of there OOP stuff are fetching, right? Maybe the Alarma Chronicles reissues didn't sell that well?

08-20-2003 10:09 ToryNotion is offline Send an Email to ToryNotion Search for Posts by ToryNotion Add ToryNotion to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

That could be. I bet DFBB and the eddies first two (and DA's first one) would sell pretty well. What about a limited pressing of $5000 each?

08-20-2003 10:15 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
ToryNotion
Mind Peach

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
That could be. I bet DFBB and the eddies first two (and DA's first one) would sell pretty well. What about a limited pressing of $5000 each?

I love DA but $5000 is a little steep even for me. Shocked
Oh, ya mean 5000 copies. Big Grin

08-20-2003 10:21 ToryNotion is offline Send an Email to ToryNotion Search for Posts by ToryNotion Add ToryNotion to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by ToryNotion
(legitimately sealed or not) and a reasonably high demand for them among collectors. So you see these high prices. Now and again someone who does not realize the 'fair market price' will sell one at under market value
at around the price I paid. It's unfortunate that while there is a high demand for the few copies that circulate, there is not enough demand to warrant a reissue of 10,000 copies or so. Or maybe there is. The DA brain trust must know about the prices some of there OOP stuff are fetching, right? Maybe the Alarma Chronicles reissues didn't sell that well?

They made only 2,000 copies. That was meant to be a VERY limited deal kinda just for the die-hards.

08-20-2003 10:21 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
ToryNotion
Mind Peach

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:

They made only 2,000 copies. That was meant to be a VERY limited deal kinda just for the die-hards.

The bookset was 2000, right? But weren't there also CD reissues of the
individual albums w/ bonus tracks? And on the subject of Alarma: I've
only heard the bookset version. Are the TST intros to each album new
to the bookset or were they on the original releases?

08-20-2003 10:27 ToryNotion is offline Send an Email to ToryNotion Search for Posts by ToryNotion Add ToryNotion to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

whatever dude... you still got ripped off paying 80 bucks! Tongue

08-20-2003 11:29 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

As sad as it is to say, I would bet they would be lucky to print and sell 1000 copies of some of these CD's. Most of the die hard fans already have them. Look at 10 Songs By Adam Again. I think Jeffrey has had a hard time selling all 1000. That's why he lowered the price.

08-20-2003 11:49 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
ToryNotion
Mind Peach

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
As sad as it is to say, I would bet they would be lucky to print and sell 1000 copies of some of these CD's. Most of the die hard fans already have them. Look at 10 Songs By Adam Again. I think Jeffrey has had a hard time selling all 1000. That's why he lowered the price.

Mark,
Yeah, I think you are right about new reissues. I haven't gotten an answer to my question about individual reissues (or maybe it was the original CD issue) of the 4 Alarma Chronicles albums, i.e., was there one and on what label, etc. I'd swear I've seen some of them on various auction sites.

08-20-2003 11:55 ToryNotion is offline Send an Email to ToryNotion Search for Posts by ToryNotion Add ToryNotion to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I answered your question on another thread a few minutes ago.

08-20-2003 11:56 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
ToryNotion
Mind Peach

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
I answered your question on another thread a few minutes ago.

[shameless post mode initiated]
Yeah, I saw that. Thanks.

08-20-2003 12:03 ToryNotion is offline Send an Email to ToryNotion Search for Posts by ToryNotion Add ToryNotion to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith

I love DA but $5000 is a little steep even for me. Shocked
Oh, ya mean 5000 copies. Big Grin

LOL oops! Big Grin

08-20-2003 20:29 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA CDR listed at ebay

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH