Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » More Negative Fruit - It's August!!!!!! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page More Negative Fruit - It's August!!!!!! 3 Votes - Average Rating: 7.003 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
no problem doc.

don't forget that bass is my main instrument too. Pleased

Oh... I guess I did not know that! Pleased

08-29-2003 14:07 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This place is full of bass players!! Smile )

~Groucho~
08-29-2003 15:58 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

NO-
THIS PLACE IS FULL OF BASER PLAYERS.....

ACTS 17:5....
But the Jews which believed not, moved with envy, took unto them certain lewd fellows of the baser sort

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
08-29-2003 16:05 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Hey Hey Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

DAMBers
Pray that I get some time this weekend to start layin down the goods on MNF
If it dont happen soon - it wont happen at all.
Time is the worst of thieves
it takes just a little bit each day...........

Thx
JiminY- a baser fellow

08-29-2003 16:07 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

so true mr. cricket.

i was working on one (last night) and i listened to it today. Shocked

what was i thinking?!

08-29-2003 16:47 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

Well BDasso, we pulled out the toys and tuned the guitars and laid the baby down on the weekend.

It's in the mail.

Joel is an interesting song, and it was fun to do a take on it, that was less noisy than the original, and a little quicker than the Dogs.

09-02-2003 11:47 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Bd Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ohh . be patient- KNOW I'm behind Schedule- but I am trying ..honest- It was my 21st Wedding anniversary yesterday- do YOU want to be responsible for the break-up of such a wonderful union as I say " I'm playing with a music thing dear- see you in like 7 hours"..
I got one tune mashed- and am workin on two - and plan to invade my boys studio VERY SOON (like this week) - and last night he says something "fried" on his PC- (literal smoke and ozone smell-Yikes!)
so we are on the case....

"Jiminys in the studio
Can't get the vocal down
Woggys pulling out her hair
And writhing on the ground
"We gotta get this record out
before the trumpet sounds
So who on earth do we call 'friend'
and who's this coming down?"

after all - it is the SECOND TIME!
Whoa nelly - hold on!

09-02-2003 12:04 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Squidzit
This place is full of bass players!! Smile )

Pleased

09-02-2003 13:19 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Use Fruity Loops.....
Put 3 good bass players out of work!

09-02-2003 13:29 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

Nothing wrong with the bass. Every good guitar player should play bass just to learn how to look at a song from a different angle. There's more to the fat strings than just plonkin' away on the low E.

I love playing the bass, and if I had the chops I'd be a cross between Mike Pocaro (sp?) and our own Tim C.

Another thing I enjoy a lot is the weird transition and feel from going from 4 to six strings and the puny little neck of my wimpy guitars.

09-02-2003 14:06 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

Cool I play bass too. I also play guitar, but you can't have three guitar players (unless you are all REALLY good), so I play bass. I enjoy it, I like a simple bass line as compared to Tim's wild all over the place bass lines. That's just the way I like to play. Paul McCartney is my favorite bass player, along with John Entwistle and Tony Kanal (No Doubt). Cool

~Groucho~
09-02-2003 14:16 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Brian Wilson could Thump..
and I've always enjoyed Stanley Clarke- when he plucks that piccalo bass-
go baby...go.
(Oh and Macca chops up that Hofner!)
I like to play bass also- have a bit-
but am afraid all the upcoming MNF will have synth bottom..
sorryyy
Unless you wanna hop in the car Sq- I can put you up in my garage after that 13 hour trip..........

09-02-2003 14:30 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

Roll Eyes

NOT!!

Roll Eyes

~Groucho~
09-02-2003 14:41 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Squidzit
You play guitar? Where do you live again? We may have to talk. You don't know any keybord players do you???
09-02-2003 14:50 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I never learned how to play guitar, I suppose that would make me a better bass player, but I didn't want to play guitar!
I wanted to play bass!

So go figure! Confused

09-02-2003 15:17 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Commander Cote
Squidzit
You play guitar? Where do you live again? We may have to talk. You don't know any keybord players do you???

Tongue

He lives in Chi-Town! Shocked

09-02-2003 15:18 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
Originally posted by Commander Cote
Squidzit

Tongue

He lives in Chi-Town! Shocked

Yep, or close to Chicago anyway. Driver is a better guitar player than I am Commander. I do play keyboards also, but I'm not very good. I have tried to play just about every instrument there is, even the flute, just because I love music so much! But it always seems nobody wants to play the bass. So I always end up playing the bass. That's ok with me, I love the bass too. Although when we recorded for MNF was the first time in about 8 years that I had played bass, I was a little rusty. Cool

~Groucho~
09-02-2003 16:07 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

WHEN IT COMES TO THEM PICS OF SHANIA..
HE PLAYS AROUND!

09-02-2003 16:09 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

Don't get me started J-mini!! Smile )

~Groucho~
09-02-2003 16:12 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

Hey, hey, hey...-back on topic! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

More Negative Fruit - It's SEPTEMBER!!!!!!

-

Highbridge Music, Sunday August 31st

Principal tracking was completed for "Ghost Train to Nowhere",
™ and Duane's contribution to DAmb Deux.

We'll be mixing and editing in the effects tracks this coming Sunday and
I gotta tell ya we're pretty happy with it. Big Grin It'll be winging it's way
(UPS grounding actually) to BD's on Monday September 8th (-Lord willin').

Anyone else got 'ny news?

-

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
09-02-2003 23:35 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » More Negative Fruit - It's August!!!!!!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH