Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hard Times Come Again No More Playing In Best Buy » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hard Times Come Again No More Playing In Best Buy
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Hard Times Come Again No More Playing In Best Buy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The last couple of times I've been in Best Buy recently they have been playing Hard Times Come Again No More. I know this song has been done by many people over the years. This particular version is a female. I'm not sure who. My big question is:

Why can't it be the Lost Dogs version playing?

Why is it that other bands keep getting airplay for the same style or songs that the Lost Dogs are doing? (Yes, I know the answer, but it's just sad.)

08-11-2003 12:33 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
ToryNotion
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 07-27-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
The last couple of times I've been in Best Buy recently they have been playing Hard Times Come Again No More. I know this song has been done by many people over the years. This particular version is a female. I'm not sure who. My big question is:

Why can't it be the Lost Dogs version playing?

Why is it that other bands keep getting airplay for the same style or songs that the Lost Dogs are doing? (Yes, I know the answer, but it's just sad.)

The first time I heard the song was Nanci Griffith's version on her 'Other Rooms, too' album (I think thats the title). It's very good. Haven't heard the Dogs version yet but I know that order from their web store is coming in any day now.

08-11-2003 12:35 ToryNotion is offline Send an Email to ToryNotion Search for Posts by ToryNotion Add ToryNotion to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Thread Starter Thread Started by Mark
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So who is the lady singing? They've said it both times I was in there, but I didn't catch it.

08-11-2003 12:38 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Amen! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just the way those last four or five songs on Scenic Routes build into each other.... This one's so ridiculously moving it's not funny.... and then "Breathe Deep" kicks in.... Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
08-11-2003 12:38 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

I was an assistant manager at a Family Bookstore (christian bookstore) about 1992-1994. As soon as my boss left I would put DA or Scenic Routes to play through the store. So many people would ask who was playing it was unbelivable. If these guys would just get more airtime they would go national! Heck, worldwide!!

~Groucho~
08-11-2003 12:55 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Hard Times, Come Again No More was played as bumper music at Gene's Funeral. It was the only Dogs song played.

August 2005
08-11-2003 14:21 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Coal Ridge
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 05-09-2003

I believe Syd Straw sang that song on one of her albums. Haven't heard of Syd Straw? You and everyone else!
08-11-2003 15:17 Coal Ridge is offline Send an Email to Coal Ridge Search for Posts by Coal Ridge Add Coal Ridge to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

James Taylor does a cool version with Yo-Yo MaCool

08-11-2003 15:27 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hard Times Come Again No More Playing In Best Buy

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH