Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA Motherlode arrived today - what to listen to first » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA Motherlode arrived today - what to listen to first
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We gotta do that again. Let's do it.

August 2005
08-07-2003 18:10 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If Mike and Terry end up in Phoenix will you come here?
08-07-2003 18:11 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

You heard BD, Zlinky!

08-07-2003 18:13 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

What if we booked Terry to go into one of those "You record the hits" recording booths at the mini-golf places like the one in Upland and we all get to record a duet with Terry.

I get "Wanted: Dead or Alive" by Bon Jovi. Big Grin

August 2005
08-07-2003 18:13 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Big Grin
08-07-2003 18:14 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Let's do it!

08-07-2003 18:14 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
ToryNotion
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 07-27-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by ToryNotion

I have a question about 'Briefing for the Ascent'. I had it before in the early nineties on CD but it had some bonus tracks or maybe even the whole Miracle Faith Telethon or something like it. Anyone remember this version of the album?

08-07-2003 18:29 ToryNotion is offline Send an Email to ToryNotion Search for Posts by ToryNotion Add ToryNotion to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

My copy has no extras.

08-07-2003 18:29 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
ToryNotion
Mind Peach

I know it sounds odd because BFTA has such a definite theme and purpose but i'd swear I had a copy back then that had additional stuff. Maybe I need to up my gingko biloba dosage.

08-07-2003 18:38 ToryNotion is offline Send an Email to ToryNotion Search for Posts by ToryNotion Add ToryNotion to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by ToryNotion
I have a question about 'Briefing for the Ascent'. I had it before in the early nineties on CD but it had some bonus tracks or maybe even the whole Miracle Faith Telethon or something like it. Anyone remember this version of the album?

Several songs from Briefing were on Miracle Faith
08-07-2003 18:39 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Maybe

08-07-2003 18:39 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

quote:

There was a ton of BFTA on MFT.

08-07-2003 18:40 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
ToryNotion
Mind Peach

quote:
Originally posted by BD
quote:

Several songs from Briefing were on Miracle Faith

That would explain it. Thanks.

08-07-2003 18:42 ToryNotion is offline Send an Email to ToryNotion Search for Posts by ToryNotion Add ToryNotion to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

I just said that Pleased '

see

heh heh
08-07-2003 18:42 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
ToryNotion
Mind Peach

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
DONT PARK TOO LONG AT "some friendly advice" you'll start making "lists " like the rest of us.

We really need a list of the five most prolific DAmb listmakers!

08-08-2003 12:33 ToryNotion is offline Send an Email to ToryNotion Search for Posts by ToryNotion Add ToryNotion to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by zippetydoodaddy
What if we booked Terry to go into one of those "You record the hits" recording booths at the mini-golf places like the one in Upland and we all get to record a duet with Terry.

I get "Wanted: Dead or Alive" by Bon Jovi. Big Grin

I don't know if I would feel "okay" doing a duet with Terry.
It always seems kinda awkward when I am around Terry, I don't know if it's just me or what.

I have met other guys who perform that I like and it's never as strange as when I talk with Terry, he is nice enough, but he does not seem very comfortable meeting new people. Which makes me feel uncomfortable too. Who knows?

I am not trying to put Terry down, it just seems awkward the few times we have chatted, much more so than other singers I have met.

Maybe I am making too big a deal out of nothing.
Maybe I build it up more in my mind since his music has meant so much to me over the years.

Maybe Terry is just very shy.

Anyone else have any thoughts??

08-08-2003 15:32 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

maybe it's just me?

08-08-2003 15:41 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

hmmmm Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Actually, I noticed that when I talked to them (Terry and Mike) on the phone before I met them in person, they were very talkative, attentive and just as I had expected.

But when I met them in person I think their heads were in the show already and it was hard to engage them.

As I walked around after the show, bouncing from one conversation to another, I overheard the lucky few that were able to hook their attention and they were back to what I'd heard on the phone.

It's like anybody, though. If you walk into a room and someone engages you in convo, you let a little of yourself out at a time until you're comfortable. I think we feel like we know Terry well because he's expressed himself so well in his music and writings. This puts Terry at a disadvantage. We are familiar with his personality. But he knows nothing about us so that familiarity doesn't go both ways.

That is, until you touch him somehow with what you say.

August 2005
08-08-2003 15:54 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

...well, it not just you Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
maybe it's just me?

here is my thoughts,

for me I feel exactly like you do dennis, with both mike & terry & I had them in my home for 3 hrs...

for me it seems kinda awkward, because of the collective impact that their MuSiC has had on me & my Life.

so when I meet them in person, WoW !

example:
at the BBQ I needed to Verify 100% that they were doing the living room show, and to make sure that I did everything how they wanted it etc. & had everything needed for the show...
after they both confirmed the show was on, I pretty much lost all concentration and forgot to ask the Very questions I had originally went to ask them...

so, you may be right that WE build it up more in Our minds since his (thier) music has meant so much to US over the years.

We should ask Joe Cote OFF board what he thinks...
he probably can enlighten us...

08-08-2003 15:59 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

That's maybe the weird part, you feel like you have known this guy for (15 years for me) and he don't know you at all.

Maybe it's like when you have met someone and you forgot you met them and their all chatty and they know your name and you are just sitting there going "Huh?"

Don't get me wrong, he was very nice and talked with me for a bit, maybe it was not as awkward as it seemed to me.

It just kind of threw me for a loop.

Mike I found to be very chatty and laid back.

08-08-2003 16:00 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA Motherlode arrived today - what to listen to first

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH