Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » hey townsends » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page hey townsends
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 hey townsends wes berlin 08-05-2003 02:04
 RE: hey townsends .backs. 08-05-2003 02:06
 RE: hey townsends wes berlin 08-05-2003 02:18
 Yup! zippetydoodaddy 08-05-2003 11:33
 RE: hey townsends PuP 08-05-2003 11:38
 RE: hey townsends Ed 08-05-2003 11:38
 RE: hey townsends brd2yrmother 08-05-2003 13:01
 RE: hey townsends audiori 08-05-2003 19:04
 RE: hey townsends Ron E 08-05-2003 23:46
 RE: hey townsends brd2yrmother 08-06-2003 10:45
 RE: hey townsends carl 08-06-2003 10:52
 RE: hey townsends audiori 08-06-2003 15:41
 um . . . DaLe 08-06-2003 15:53
 RE: hey townsends Ron E 08-06-2003 15:55
 RE: hey townsends audiori 08-06-2003 15:58
 ^ L O L DaLe 08-06-2003 15:58
 RE: hey townsends Ron E 08-06-2003 15:59
 what... jollyholiday 08-06-2003 16:16
 RE: hey townsends audiori 08-06-2003 16:21
 RE: hey townsends wes berlin 08-06-2003 16:22
Next Page »

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

hey townsends Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

it was really great that you guys made it to the chatsworth show! thanks for all that you do.

08-05-2003 02:04 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i didn't know that was the Townsends!

Thanks guys. You made great change that night too.

08-05-2003 02:06 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

Thread Starter Thread Started by wes berlin
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Smile

backs, you make me laugh!

08-05-2003 02:18 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Yup! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That was the Townsends!!!

I regret that I didn't announce them and that they got stuck managing the table all night. I was trying to get an answer from Terry and Mike on how to set up the table (I had some volunteers) for sales but when they found out the Townsends were there they told me to have them run it. Unfortunately they were about halfway back from the stage in the darkest area so I'm not sure how well they were able to do. I wanted them to be able to sit up front with the DAmbers and the Dog Pound. Jeffrey K. was back there with them too. They were all really cool guys and I was honored that they came all that way for the show.

And guess what! They're not Polynesian at all!!

What a relief!

BTW, who was the other fellow you brought along? I met him, took his name and then promptly forgot it. I'm sorry. I wanted to keep everyone in mind but a few fell through the cracks.

Speaking of cracks, one weird tragedy/blessing of the night: Some kids threw rocks off of the boulders there and one of them hit my buddy, Rick and his son Evan. I felt terrible. Rick got all loopy during the show so they rushed him to the hospital where they gave him a cat scan to confirm a concussion and assess any damage. No damage, praise God, but they did find a cyst there that they will now be able to monitor and test.

If it turns out that they can save him from brain cancer because of that rock, I'll flip!! Praise God for another blessing in disguise.

August 2005
08-05-2003 11:33 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

You just don't run out of amazing stories about that night, do you Zippety? Praise God. It gets more amazing the more I hear of it!

08-05-2003 11:38 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Ed Ed is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 07-01-2003

quote:
Originally posted by zippetydoodaddy

And guess what! They're not Polynesian at all!!

What a relief!

Aren't YOU lucky! Tongue

08-05-2003 11:38 Ed is offline Send an Email to Ed Search for Posts by Ed Add Ed to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

next year we may have to have the luau tour.
08-05-2003 13:01 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:

I regret that I didn't announce them and that they got stuck managing the table all night. I was trying to get an answer from Terry and Mike on how to set up the table (I had some volunteers) for sales but when they found out the Townsends were there they told me to have them run it. Unfortunately they were about halfway back from the stage in the darkest area so I'm not sure how well they were able to do.

That was fine.. we could see the show perfectly from where we were standing. Sales weren't too bad.. nothing compared to a typical Cornerstone day, but probably a lot better than most on the BBQ tour. I'm shocked that the sealed "Kalhoun" and "Motorcycle" CDs didn't sell...

quote:

BTW, who was the other fellow you brought along? I met him, took his name and then promptly forgot it. I'm sorry. I wanted to keep everyone in mind but a few fell through the cracks.

That was another Townsend brother, Kevin. He's not a DAMBer.

Everything went great and it was a wonderful show. The video segments turned out especially nice... We could hear Mike & Terry's distinctive laughs all the way back where we were standing. I just wish some of the folks we contacted hadn't backed out at the last minute... oh well, it turned out great anyway.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-05-2003 19:04 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

There is new stuff up on the news page, maybe some of you check this stuff, but after a few months, its good to see new things up there. Maybe nothing new to most of us, but, check it out for yourself.

08-05-2003 23:46 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

groovy. So are Terry and Mike more personable when they aren't about to perform or right after a show? Just wondering. I found Rob Watson, Jeff Elbel, and Brian Healy to be extremely nice guys who put you at ease and could hold a normal conversation with you. T & M don't seem to have that gift.
08-06-2003 10:45 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
quote:

Not the big bleached-blonde dude who backs up ex-Bashers Greg & Rebecca Sparks (and I believe DCTalk), right? Big Grin

(I really only include this just to entertain JiMInY.... we've had a few little discussions over the Sparks & Townsend a few times already....Big Grin )

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
08-06-2003 10:52 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by carl
quote:
Originally posted by audiori

Not the big bleached-blonde dude who backs up ex-Bashers Greg & Rebecca Sparks (and I believe DCTalk), right? Big Grin

Different one. I think this one had a Sparks cassette once though...

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-06-2003 15:41 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

um . . . Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

As a special tour release, Terry and Mike have written, recorded, mixed and mastered a brand new 6 song gem -- "All Day Sing and Dinner on the Ground." The EP will be available for $8.00 . The initial run of the disc will be a fan's collectible in a cardboard sleeve w/ sticker. Only a limited number of this collectible will be pressed for sale on the tour and, soon, at the webstores ( www.michaelroe.com,www.danielamos.com, and www.thelostdogs.com). All new songs, some silly, some serious, all captivating and performed in whole by Michael Roe and Terry Taylor. Additionally, all six new songs will be performed at the BBQ stops. Supplies will be limited so make sure to either grab a copy at a show or look to the websites very soon...

you may want to either change this here on the news page

or

tell Mike & Terry it is only $8 Confused

they were selling it for $12 in my living room...

08-06-2003 15:53 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

There's a special handling fee within living rooms.

08-06-2003 15:55 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Administrator

Oh yeah, guess we should change that.

08-06-2003 15:58 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

^ L O L Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

maybe Terry was just sending me a little message Evil Roll Eyes

I am the utter naïveté , ya know... Big Grin

08-06-2003 15:58 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

Is there any idea when this will be available through the store here?

08-06-2003 15:59 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
jollyholiday
Mind Peach

what... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I paid 12 bucks for mine too!

-Jolly
08-06-2003 16:16 jollyholiday is offline Send an Email to jollyholiday Search for Posts by jollyholiday Add jollyholiday to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
Is there any idea when this will be available through the store here?

The guys have half of them on the road with them, the second half is supposed to be printed any day now and shipped to us to sell in the store. I don't know, they may wait until the BBQ tour is wrapping up.

08-06-2003 16:21 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

Thread Starter Thread Started by wes berlin

they were $10.00 in cali Pleased

08-06-2003 16:22 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » hey townsends

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH