Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Fellowship BBQ Reviews.... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (10): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Fellowship BBQ Reviews.... 4 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i gotta tell ya......

i got to hang out with big dork and imus b. frank for most of friday. they are great guys! imus is the gadget king. i was truly in dorkland. Smile of course i say that in complete envy....as i am truly lo-tech.

08-04-2003 01:12 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Dork is such a neat guy..............and has a wonderful, sparkly smile.

He showed us a little video of YOU guys..........that was nice of you to say HI to all of us Minneeesota folk Smile

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

08-04-2003 01:14 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Official Impasto

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

quote:
Originally posted by Woggy
Dork is such a neat guy..............and has a wonderful, sparkly smile.

it's funny...evrytime i meet someone from this board (and the choir board as well) i am always a little cautious at first...but after about ....oh....1 second it feels like we've known eachother for a million years. it truly is a family and i am damb proud to be a part of it!

08-04-2003 01:21 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

I, too, have felt that................like I've known these folks a long time, and they're friends before I ever shake their hands!

What a great group this is - truly. Having been on many message boards over the years, I've NEVER found one like this - and to be able to actually MEET some of you is particularly delightful.

What a place..................

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

08-04-2003 01:27 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

Okay, I'm hitting the wall...................tiredness is creeping in, and I must say nitey nite!

GOD BLESS THE DAmb!!

peace out....................

08-04-2003 01:28 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

I want to meet somebody.

08-04-2003 01:29 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

fear not for at some point our family will be heading up to your neck of the woods Smile

08-04-2003 01:35 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

quote:
Originally posted by Woggy
Okay, I'm hitting the wall...................tiredness is creeping in, and I must say nitey nite!

GOD BLESS THE DAmb!!

peace out....................

woggy, you have no idea.... i just got home from the airport and it is 325 am.... can still get 4 hours sleep...
was it worth it??? damb straight!!! Big Grin

Cool
08-04-2003 05:25 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thread Starter Thread Started by Commander Cote

Good Morning Everyone
Now that I'm a little more rested let's get down to some serious thanking....

First to Cynthia Lange, and Patti Rich for all their labors with all the fabulous food. Cynthia, thanks for repairing the cake.

Second to Randy and Deb Carey for the venue, and being there for us to get and look around, let's do it again sometime (soon?)

Slappehard, thanks for your diligence on the bass, and always being prepared.

JImInY
Thanks for the wonderful gitft, I owe you man!!

Sloan for being their for the sound!

Rev, you saved the day, we could not have done it without you.

To John Peterson and his wife for showing up early for the show, and started helping out.

To Tony Shore for donating the acoustic guitar.

Dave Danglis for jumping right in to take care of the concession table

To Terry and Mike for a wonderful show, you guys crack me up. Thanks for letting Tim and I play with you, it made my night.

Dale, Dennis, Matt, thanks for being there when I needed to just......whatever.

To my wonderful wife who put up with me on the computer (all the e-mails), on the phone (making arrangements). Sorry you couldn't win the guitar.

I'm sure I'm forgetting someone, and if I did I apologize.
All you DAmber's are wonderful. I may not be in my right mind, but, I can't wait to do it again....

P.S. I almost forgot, I'd like to thank The Academy....
08-04-2003 08:16 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
bobthednacingmonkey
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 08-04-2003

Long time listener...first time poster Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey all-

Drew Johnson here. Met many of y'all last night at what was one of the best concerts that I've ever been to. Mike and Terry were incredible to see in that venue (seriously, what an incredible place to see a Two-Legged Dog show.)

I'm looking forward to hearing folks across the nation tell their stories about these shows. Those of you who have experienced Mike and Terry's banter...well, you know how they can get. It was a lot of fun to see these two joyfully rip into each other. I just loaded the EP into MusicMatch and am listening to "All Day Sing & Dinner on the Ground" as we speak...great little album. Turns out, by the bye, that the Gaithers also recorded an album by the same name.

So, did anyone stick around for the story?

-Drew, aka Bob the Dancing Monkey (whose handle should twitterpate Mr Jeff K if he reads it)
08-04-2003 08:18 bobthednacingmonkey is offline Send an Email to bobthednacingmonkey Search for Posts by bobthednacingmonkey Add bobthednacingmonkey to your Buddy List
mindgasket mindgasket is a male
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2003
Location: Just because we're hypnotized that don't mean we can't dance!

I totally forgot about Mike's story!! Did he tell it? Honestly, last night was probably the funnest concert I've ever been to! What a blast! That little "All Day Sing..." is a great cd! I'm jamming to it at work right now. With all the videotaping going on we absolutely must make a Summer BBQ dvd! Truly! We can't lose Mike's hilarious imitation of Derry to someone's personal archive, right?!

... boy, Terry sure is passive/aggressive, isn't he? Big Grin
08-04-2003 08:27 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
bobthednacingmonkey
Normal Noggin

I've a little file of Mike Roe jumping up and down during GB, GM, GG, LE. Next year - should these two do this again - I think I may just video the banter bits.

On that topic...hey, Commander! Will the whole show be on the CD(s?), or just the songs?

That is, once you wake up...
08-04-2003 08:34 bobthednacingmonkey is offline Send an Email to bobthednacingmonkey Search for Posts by bobthednacingmonkey Add bobthednacingmonkey to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

WoW !

I will have to post my review LaTeR...

I have a few friends coming over tonight, to listen to a couple of CooL guys with guitars, play & sing... Big Grin

08-04-2003 08:36 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

grrrrrr!!!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

oh really?

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
08-04-2003 09:29 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

2 cents- make sense? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wog and all said so much (I guess she’s LITERATE)- but I wanted to say a big Thanks to all who put yesterdays show together. The food was great (and LOTS of it- look in my fridge!)- and the fellowship/audience/friends/ were unlike any other concert one can go to.
When you usually go to a show- you get your ticket- you shuffle in after they “open the doors”-you find your seat and wait for the lights to go out.
-As you know- not so here.-
I walked in with Wog and two of my children-and just started looking for friends- faces that matched keyboard names- animated versions of people I’ve prayed for.
Soda pops and hugs and smiles that you don’t get at a “concert”.
Not just chit chat..but conversation.
My daughter said”Big Dork?- I don’t think he’s a dork at all.” . So cool to meet him- and Joe, Tim, - you guys WERE dead and in heaven when you joined the boys in “Breathe Deep” Glad my hat could be a part of that. D8, Squiz, Dennis, Patti, Pam, Cynthia, Matt, Dale, Dean, Dave, Frank, Heather, Randy, the guy with the pony tail…(Drew?) Tony…(I’m fergettin some..I KNOW!!!!!!)-Gods best, eh?

Too many moments to name…. but as Terry sang “Joel”
..I thought ..I’m here in this place with my son and daughter…….Lord?”
Seeing Mike along with Terry was golden - “ Come down here”-that voice will make a grown man swallow hard.
Thanks for ANOTHER unforgettable evening-
It was church!
(and no one even asked me for my golden ticket……..)
Peace and the Big Love-
jiMiny

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
08-04-2003 09:32 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
mindgasket mindgasket is a male
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2003
Location: Just because we're hypnotized that don't mean we can't dance!

DOUBLE-HEADER!!!!

WOO-HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! We're happy campers, We're all happy campers, we're hap, hap, hap, hap, hap, happy campers!!!!
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Tongue Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
08-04-2003 09:34 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
Nez Nez is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 06-16-2003

My dad and I had a great time. I wish we could have brought my mom, but chemo had her wore out. And I had not thought far enough in advance to work something out with the Commander. Smile

But my dad laughed hard. He thought Mike and Terry put on a great show. I would heartily agree. It's nice to connect some faces to the names. Food was good, cake was tastey and the music great. First concert I have been to since Cornerstone 2000. And what a show it was.

I got a much deserved dirty look from Mike after the show, but after that, all was well. It was all good. Great show, great venue. Well worth the price of admission. Thanks for all the hard work everyone put into making this come together.
08-04-2003 09:36 Nez is offline Send an Email to Nez Homepage of Nez Search for Posts by Nez Add Nez to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by bobthednacingmonkey
I just loaded the EP into MusicMatch and am listening to "All Day Sing & Dinner on the Ground" as we speak...great little album.

How does one acquire this without being within 1,000 miles of the nearest barbecue? Crying
quote:
Turns out, by the bye, that the Gaithers also recorded an album by the same name.

Why does this not surprise me in the least? Big Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
08-04-2003 09:40 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Nez Nez is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 06-16-2003

I see people talking about doing something like this for the whole board. Though I doubt the chances it would be able to work, I always like the idea of a little party like the creators of Buffy the Vampire Slayer did for their message board fan base. They have had yearly parties where the people who frequent the message board actually go and hang out for a day with the creator, the writers, the stars...they would have music from bands the show has used on it's soundtrack and so on. I always thought it would be neat to have something similair with the various "classic" alternative ccm bands. A day with music and everyone hanging out. Again, I doubt it would be workable (maybe I am just a pessiment)...but it seemed like a lot of fun.
08-04-2003 09:41 Nez is offline Send an Email to Nez Homepage of Nez Search for Posts by Nez Add Nez to your Buddy List
Bob The Dancing Monkey Bob The Dancing Monkey is a male
Normal Noggin

Yup, that was me. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
..., the guy with the pony tail…(Drew?) ...

Yup, that was me. I've met a number of you at Cornerstone's past, especially Dave from Stillwater; this year I was the emcee at the Imaginarium while Dave Canfield was wowing the kids with MAD SCIENCE!

Glad to finally tag up with y'all.
08-04-2003 09:42 Bob The Dancing Monkey is offline Send an Email to Bob The Dancing Monkey Homepage of Bob The Dancing Monkey Search for Posts by Bob The Dancing Monkey Add Bob The Dancing Monkey to your Buddy List
Pages (10): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Fellowship BBQ Reviews....

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH