Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Fellowship BBQ Reviews.... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Fellowship BBQ Reviews.... 4 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by Commander Cote
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Prime Alias
Hey, it's bad enough I gotta here "It should've been mine" from my wife. Next year everyone will pay $200 and get a free guitar.
08-05-2003 14:38 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Commander Cote
Prime Alias
Hey, it's bad enough I gotta here "It should've been mine" from my wife. Next year everyone will pay $200 and get a free guitar.

Commander,

Thank you and your wife again for the beautiful guitar, I have been playing it for the past two days Big Grin You did and awesome job with the show Big Grin

Squid and I already have agreed that we will go again, but next time we'll get a hotel..........man I'm still tired Big Grin

08-05-2003 14:45 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Bob The Dancing Monkey Bob The Dancing Monkey is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 08-04-2003

Whatcha want to know? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Driver8
So who are all the newbies??? Big Grin

Started listening to Daniel Amos with OE; Terry Taylor and those folks kept me going through college and adult life. I first saw Da with my future wife (who was also present on Sunday) in 1993 at Main Stage C-Stone - we ran to the amphitheater when we heard the opening notes of "If You Want To" (classic case of knowing that we were right for each other...just not yet.) My radio show at Carleton College was filled with Daniel Amos, the 77s, the Choir, Lost Dogs, and Over the Rhine. But that, too, was long ago.

On the other hand, I still have a relic from that period; a vinyl copy of The Horrendous Disc that they were throwing away. I can't tell you how happy I was to find this in the pile of old Randy Stonehill.

I've seen a lot of Terry since then; C-Stone 2000 (I was one of the ten or so fans onstage during 'Shape of Air'; unfortunately, I was one of them who completely blanked on the words up there (never happened before, but oy). Luckily, John Thompson was at the same mike and belted out the lyrics. C-Stone 2k2 was a fun little show, and I saw just a bit of the this year's Lost Dogs shindig. Saw the St Paul leg of the Avocado/Elvis tour, and now this one.

Actually, Commander Cote's work on this inspired me start looking at promoting some shows myself. I'm currently lookng into bringing Jacobstone, Annie Quick, Miranda Stone, and the Detholz into this rarified air of the Fellowship of the Damb. Might be e-mailing you at some point about what you took into account with this gig, Joe.

I'm a software engineer in Roseville and attend a good l'il Babtist church in St Paul's Frogtown. Looks like I may even have the opportunity to run some Imaginarium-esque film nights at the church (we just joined after our old church went kersplat after 90 years). Yes, I'll be sure that what I'm seeding in that ministry is not negative fruit.
08-05-2003 14:57 Bob The Dancing Monkey is offline Send an Email to Bob The Dancing Monkey Homepage of Bob The Dancing Monkey Search for Posts by Bob The Dancing Monkey Add Bob The Dancing Monkey to your Buddy List
Normal Noggin

quote:
Originally posted by Bob The Dancing Monkey
quote:
Originally posted by Driver8
So who are all the newbies??? Big Grin

My radio show at Carleton College was filled with Daniel Amos, the 77s, the Choir, Lost Dogs, and Over the Rhine. But that, too, was long ago.

And for those old enough to remember, yes, that was during the time of the infamous 77's Pray Naked show where the Women's Rugby Team at Carleton streaked the gig. Apparently, there are a lot stories told about that one.
08-05-2003 14:59 Bob The Dancing Monkey is offline Send an Email to Bob The Dancing Monkey Homepage of Bob The Dancing Monkey Search for Posts by Bob The Dancing Monkey Add Bob The Dancing Monkey to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

Well welcome Bob Big Grin

A simple I'm Bob the Dancing Monkey and I wanna be a part of your DAmb club would have sufficedWink Big Grin LOL Thanks for the extra info though Big Grin

Good to have you on board Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

08-05-2003 15:06 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
And for those old enough to remember, yes, that was during the time of the infamous 77's Pray Naked show where the Women's Rugby Team at Carleton streaked the gig. Apparently, there are a lot stories told about that one.

Apparently, you are NeW here, we on the DAmb usually accompany our little stories , with Pictures Big Grin

08-05-2003 15:12 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

DaLe, I'm shocked.........that you'd want a picture of Bob's Dancing Monkey!!!

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

08-05-2003 15:22 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Normal Noggin

How could I have forgotten? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe uReViG
quote:

Apparently, you are NeW here, we on the DAmb usually accompany our little stories , with Pictures Big Grin

I'm afraid that I was but a poor college student at the time with neither camera or video recorder.

Ya sick freak.
08-05-2003 15:29 Bob The Dancing Monkey is offline Send an Email to Bob The Dancing Monkey Homepage of Bob The Dancing Monkey Search for Posts by Bob The Dancing Monkey Add Bob The Dancing Monkey to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

^ welcome Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

nice to have another DAmb'er on board.

08-05-2003 15:31 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Lost Canine
I'm so frekkin jealous. I want to see Uncle Terry too, dammit.
LK-9

Did I mention Uncle Terry was singing three feet away from me at Dale's house? Pleased

I am sure I gave him nitemares! Shocked

Next time come up and stay with us! Smile )

08-05-2003 15:58 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by anne
quote:
Originally posted by Woggy
The twinkle in Terry's eye when I asked him if he'd PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE come and post on our message board (and he said, "yeah, I'll have to do that" !!!!!!!!!!!!!)

well done, woggy!! Cool

I was going to, but I forgot! Shocked

I am glad you had the presence of mind to do so! Pleased

08-05-2003 16:00 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
First to Cynthia Lange, and Patti Rich for all their labors with all the fabulous food. Cynthia, thanks for repairing the cake.

Rich?

Patti is a "Chandler!"

We like people to think we are "living in sin!" Tongue

08-05-2003 16:02 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

whatever???? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Dale, Dennis, Matt, thanks for being there when I needed to just......whatever.

Rar! Tongue

08-05-2003 16:03 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Patti C. Patti C. is a female
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 05-03-2002

[/QUOTE]
Hey Patti.........

sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to you much - but we ALL appreciate the hard work you and Cynthia did. You're DE BEST, girlfriend Smile
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, my dear. When we visit in Duluth next, we'll have more of a chance to actually talk. Are we still on for the Stuart Davis thing in September? I think Dennis and I might go camping that weekend near you. WOuld you like to join us?
08-05-2003 16:14 Patti C. is offline Send an Email to Patti C. Search for Posts by Patti C. Add Patti C. to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

quote:
Originally posted by Patti C.

Hey Patti.........

sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to you much - but we ALL appreciate the hard work you and Cynthia did. You're DE BEST, girlfriend Smile
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, my dear. When we visit in Duluth next, we'll have more of a chance to actually talk. Are we still on for the Stuart Davis thing in September? I think Dennis and I might go camping that weekend near you. WOuld you like to join us?
[/QUOTE]

Ooo, now that's a thought....................I'll be returning from a rather long trip to Montana shortly before that (on the 23rd), so might be "camped out".....but the Stuart Davis Show is surely a plan - we might even get JimIny Cricket to come along this time Smile !!!!

08-05-2003 16:20 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
jollyholiday
Mind Peach

good time Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sunday night was fun. It was great to meet so many damb people...jiminy (and his kids), Driver8, Squidzit (we had a great Spongebob discussion), BD, and see those from the previous fellowship gathering - Woggy, DaLe, dennis, and of course the Commander.

Thanks Commander for organizing such a memorable evening. You are an excellent master of ceremonies and a darn good drummer too. I wish that you guys could have played a full set of material together as a band...maybe next time! Maybe your cover band could open the show next year. When and where are you guys playing next?

-Jolly
08-05-2003 16:38 jollyholiday is offline Send an Email to jollyholiday Search for Posts by jollyholiday Add jollyholiday to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

chirpity chirp- its all I can say fer now..
you know how us insects get in the fall- we only come out in the daytime........

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
08-05-2003 16:41 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Slappedhard
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 07-20-2003

Thanks, Dale! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It was really fun seeing M&T last night. Did the glass jar produce enough for the guys?
08-05-2003 16:59 Slappedhard is offline Send an Email to Slappedhard Search for Posts by Slappedhard Add Slappedhard to your Buddy List
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thread Starter Thread Started by Commander Cote

Jolly
Actually Tim and I were just talking about maybe trying to set something up at Northbridge Station to play. Otherwise nothing is set up right now.

Would any of you DAmber's come and see us?
08-05-2003 18:58 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

I'm thinkin' I would Smile

and I could possibly drag ole JimIny Cricket along...........

that's a very cool place..............

Smile

08-05-2003 19:07 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Fellowship BBQ Reviews....

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH