Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Come as a Child (or not at all) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Come as a Child (or not at all)
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by zippetydoodaddy
"Said One Mother" came on. It wasn't long before I started to get emotional.

you weren't the only one zippity.

08-03-2003 00:19 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

JimIny was talking to me about this song today, and he said, "For this ONE song alone, the CD is worth it." So, I'm buying.........hopefully tomorrow.

It's nice to know that REAL men DO cry Smile

You guys are the best!

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

08-03-2003 00:39 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Each song has power in itself to move at many levels. I keep learning that. But I do gravitate from one to another--which is natural.

One song that floors me again and again is Carolee Maynes' tune, YOU. As a worship tune (written by a friend of mine's sister) I was never that impressed by it. But when Carolee (that angel of a sister) made it her own, WOW! Carolee ministers to orphans in Jamaca. I'd heard recordings of "her children" singing with her before. But when they suddenly popped up in this recording for this album. MIST!!!!!!!!! Gut jerking!!! Very stirring, beautiful and with a particular triumph, I think.

And did you hear? Jiminy and Woggy will be coming to visit me in Bellingham WA!! Big Grin
08-05-2003 10:39 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

We heard. We heard.

A royal visitation! You are the most fortunate of men.

08-05-2003 10:45 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

I'm hoping the Queen of the DAmb will sing, "Said one mother."

Forgive me, o' queen for my presumptiousness to make a request. Big Grin
08-05-2003 11:04 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Yes!

And her brother can sing, "When You Wish Upon"

08-05-2003 11:16 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

I've listened to the CD twice today. It keeps getting better. Wow, Theo. It's wonderful.
08-05-2003 12:57 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Thankx, Birdie-boy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

And if anybody has thoughts on the album please, really, go to www.andysangelsrecords.org and sign the messageboard.

There are loads of folks who aren't related to this board or the DLs that come to check it out. I know from emails that your posts there mean a great deal to many of such people.

I know I say this quite often, but it is because it is actually very difficult to get friends to post. Go figure--who knows why...

But your thoughts and such mean so much to me and many others. For instance, I received Zippidy's note at 3:00 AM Sunday. Felt like God awakened me cause I just bolted wide awake. I went to check email. Felt I needed too and there was Zippidy. I preached the next day and God used Zippidy's email to totally change the first 15 minutes of what I shared. AND that change made ALL the difference in the world to the congregation that morning.

Just ask George Baily about how many other lives your one life touches.

I love you folks, dearly...
08-05-2003 14:02 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

It's a Wonderful Life, ain't it. God's peace to you and your family, Theo.
08-05-2003 14:38 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Come as a Child (or not at all)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH