Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Come as a Child (or not at all) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Come as a Child (or not at all)
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Come as a Child (or not at all) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Take Two. Having contributed to the mess in my own small way, consider this penance. I'm bringing the highlights over to this thread to start it off.... Let's keep it clean this time, guys... Smile

Kris Kringle: Wow........WOW!!!!!
TO, this is one beautiful project. From the incredible music, to the amazing packaging, to the great liner notes, to the awesome purpose of the project.....I can't say enough good things!! I'll definately be telling my friends & relatives about this! And I love what Theo did with his song -- big difference from the "Suffer The Children" EP (and *that* was amazing). I like this version that much more.
Kudos all the way around. Theo should be proud of his "baby". I am happy also to see TST give a special thanks to Jeff Elbel.

Me: Got mine from TheoLand Saturday, and have been digging on it since. It very much has a Terry-solo vibe to it (some of which is obvious, having several TST solo tunes on it from him & others)....

Theo: In one of our earliest planning sessions, Terry and I discussed our akin desire to have the heart of K&I on this project. And whadda know--my first stop was to record my songs with Terry and Rob Watson. From there on out, Terry and Rob worked very closely together. Terry says the old magic was right there once again. Rob's fingerprints are ALL over this thing.

DorkBoy:
It's got that Artie Fhardi vibe all over it.

Jevon: The whole project was executed in a manner makes me proud to know you Theo.

Dorfsmith: Do you have any idea how the sales have been so far theo???

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
07-18-2003 08:31 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

WoW ! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I like ThiS CleaN Version Big Grin

07-18-2003 08:39 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Thread Starter Thread Started by carl
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

And so you should.... Big Grin

But Theo, did you HAVE to start with not one but TWO Derri/Choir songs???? Shocked Big Grin

07-18-2003 08:43 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Actually, Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

as producer, Terry had total artistic sway. To be honest, I've grown very attached to Derri's voice. Out of all these bands that I've come to know so much better in the last two years, my wife likes the Choir the best. I'm just waiting for the right moment to snag one of those Choir box sets for her.

But yah. I guess in the best Lost Dogs tradition and then some, we had to have Derri's voice start the entire thing off. Big Grin
07-18-2003 08:47 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Derri rocks. I love the Choir. Everything they do is 100% artistic.

07-18-2003 08:51 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

I need to pick this thing up. I'm rather low on funds right now, maybe next month. From everything I've read about it, I can't wait to hear it.

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
07-18-2003 08:54 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
Derri rocks. I love the Choir. Everything they do is 100% artistic.

Amen! Pleased
The Choir has one of the most honest voices in music.

07-18-2003 09:12 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Thread Starter Thread Started by carl

Hey! Take this to the Choir thread! This thread is about M-m-m-my CAACONAA!!! At least MY comments were in reference to that! Tongue

Speaking of which, this is probably worth it just for the liner notes. Heavy stuff. Crying

07-18-2003 10:18 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Theo
as producer, Terry had total artistic sway. To be honest, I've grown very attached to Derri's voice. Out of all these bands that I've come to know so much better in the last two years, my wife likes the Choir the best. I'm just waiting for the right moment to snag one of those Choir box sets for her.

But yah. I guess in the best Lost Dogs tradition and then some, we had to have Derri's voice start the entire thing off. Big Grin

Heh heh, I have a signed box set.

07-18-2003 11:16 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

alright.....

i have waited, partly because i view myself as biased, to give my thoughts on caaconaa....at first i was dealing with my "preconceived ideas" about what i thought the disc would sound like. once i got over what i "thought" and listened to the disc for the art that it is...i was humbled (again).

it's not an easy task to pull together atists for a compilation....let alone the possibility of people not dealing with their commitment or just getting the thing to have a flow and life of its own. direction and flow are soooo important, especially in a situation like this.

terry has crafted this in a way that i didn't expect....but in a way that i can't imagine it any other way.

there was nothing left undone. the photos. the art direction. the liner notes. the music.

when i listen to this release i can't help but think of andy....and he's saying "thank you".

"life is short. live well. love well"

07-19-2003 17:52 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Moving...ick! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, we're in our beautiful new home. How very overwhelming. If you haven't ordered the album yet or purchased it for a friend/relative or commanded same to order their own... please do!

Things are tight for everybody, but this move just about killed me and I sure would like to see more CAACONAA sales happening.

Wish y'all could see the cool music workshop the Lord has provided me. I've put up walls and painted and carpet is going in. But the bench area is set up and I'm blasting cool tunes and packaging orders as they come in.

Still hoping I can make it to the LA thing. Pray about that.

This is choppy cause I'm typing on "dial-up" time and can't be here long. DSL in a week or so.

Soon, friends!!!!

theo
07-21-2003 18:20 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by Theo
Soon, friends!!!!

And He says "Soon!"

We will see His face, He will speak our name
And He'll wipe our tears away
He shall be our God, we shall be his own
And His love will light our way

There will be no sorrow, there will be no mourning
Death is vanquished on that day
"So come quickly Lord," the Bride and Spirit say

07-21-2003 20:09 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

But if You come before the bbqs, could you pretty please arrange for Terry and Mike to sing at the marriage feast?

07-21-2003 20:11 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

L O L Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by .backs.
But if You come before the bbqs, could you pretty please arrange for Terry and Mike to sing at the marriage feast?

Big Grin

... don't forget Gene & Derri Wink

07-21-2003 20:16 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Big Grin

07-21-2003 20:30 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

wish I had funds to order more copies, but it's summer and I'm a teacher. Hardly enough for buns for the hot dogs right now. But again, we can say "Soon!"
07-21-2003 22:12 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Tough times for all... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just spread the word! Big Grin
07-21-2003 22:44 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

spread the bird? spread the bird?

what do you mean by that, Mister?
07-21-2003 22:45 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
damos
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 07-22-2003

theo,
ordered my copy via snail mail a little more than a week ago.haven't received it as of yet.was wondering if you are current on mailing orders.if you are,maybe you didn't receive my order.i did mail to the new address you posted.
how can we verify?
(by the way,i sent an e-mail to you at "andy's angels",but received a reply to include a phone number as the e-mail system was not functioning properly.i did provide my phone number via reply.)

thanks.
07-22-2003 10:42 damos is offline Send an Email to damos Search for Posts by damos Add damos to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

damos Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi. Thankx for the order.

Not sure I recognize your handle. But all orders that I received in the last week or so go out in about 30 minutes. I sent an email out to explain I was in the course of moving to a new city and waiting on my own shipment of CDs. Not everybody received that, I can see.

But I've got my new house, my CDs, and my mailing envelopes. I'm a mean, lean mailing machine!

Here they come! Cool
07-22-2003 10:56 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Come as a Child (or not at all)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH