Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs DVD rocks » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (7): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lost Dogs DVD rocks 4 Votes - Average Rating: 8.504 Votes - Average Rating: 8.504 Votes - Average Rating: 8.504 Votes - Average Rating: 8.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool, Ron. Jeffrey got some flak from the dadl (big suprise). The DVD is excellent. I can't wait to see what comes next from the Special K.
07-23-2003 14:06 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
FaintScentsOfSewage
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 09-26-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just got a DVD player and had the chance to waych the GVG. It's a really great ptoduction. I expecially enjoyed the band commentary, which always seems to get glossed over. It may just be my love of the creative process, but I ewally appreciated that. And the interview segments aere great, too.

I think I like the DVD's version of Moses in the Desert much, much better than the studio version. There are some songs just meant to be played live. And there are some other songs I usually skipped over on the CDs that the DVD showed in a whole different light(Bad Indigestion, Wild Ride(Ditto still stands superior,though.)) It gave me a new appreciation for those songs.

And I continue to be amazed at what great sounds Mike can get out of a guitar.

This DVD is a delight

Thanks to Mr. K for getting this project out to us.
08-05-2003 23:04 FaintScentsOfSewage is offline Send an Email to FaintScentsOfSewage Search for Posts by FaintScentsOfSewage Add FaintScentsOfSewage to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by brd2yrmother
Cool, Ron. Jeffrey got some flak from the dadl (big suprise).

WHY???
(not that a reason is ever needed there....) Roll Eyes

quote:
The DVD is excellent. I can't wait to see what comes next from the Special K.

I agree, and agree again. You may recall (and I KNOW DaLe does Big Grin ) that I was pretty skeptical about this. But it's friggin' wonderful. Mike Roe is my new hero more than ever. Big Grin The interviews are great, as are the performances -- VERY relieved to discover that they brought their A-game rather than focusing more on the jokes than the music (as other bootlegs seem to indicate).... And as a avid detractor of Real Men Bite, I need to add that the rendition of "In the Distance" here has brought a tear to my eye more than once....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
08-06-2003 07:51 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

REPENT! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Five HMs and Five OF's NOW!
Never Never skip any DA/TST/LD/SE track again !
Dont you know a Sacred Cow when its mooing in your face?

Well ok, maybe SE.............

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
08-06-2003 18:36 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

quote:
Originally posted by carl
[QUOTE]Originally posted by brd2yrmother

WHY???

Well one of the guys on the DADL is a film critic (gets paid to watch Drew Barrymore - drool Tongue ). He made a couple of comments on how how he thought it could be better and asked a couple of questions. Then in typical DADL style it blew up a bit and Jeff then defended himself (as one does against critics anyway)and then everyone cooled down and said what a great DVD it was.

08-06-2003 19:27 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Pedantic

Well one of the guys on the DADL is a film critic (gets paid to watch Drew Barrymore - drool Tongue ).

Ugghhhh! What a terrible job!! Maybe the poor guy is blind and does not have to suffer TOO much!! Tongue

~Groucho~
08-06-2003 19:39 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

quote:
Originally posted by Squidzit
quote:

Well one of the guys on the DADL is a film critic (gets paid to watch Drew Barrymore - drool Tongue ).

Ugghhhh! What a terrible job!! Maybe the poor guy is blind and does not have to suffer TOO much!! Tongue

Oooo them's fight'n words Mad

08-06-2003 19:52 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

A-ha.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by brd2yrmother

WHY???

Well one of the guys on the DADL is a film critic (gets paid to watch Drew Barrymore - drool Tongue ). He made a couple of comments on how how he thought it could be better and asked a couple of questions. Then in typical DADL style it blew up a bit and Jeff then defended himself (as one does against critics anyway)and then everyone cooled down and said what a great DVD it was.

Oh. In other words, Peter was at it again. Got it. Big Grin

I remember one incident early on where I had to defend my extreme dislike of C-Boy to him because he extremely disliked C-Boy. (Yes, y'r reading that correctly. Roll Eyes ) Once you realize he's just like that, you can accept it (kinda where I'm at with Jim these days.... Big Grin ) We were fine by the end of my DADL tenure.... and his battles with Memo were classic....

08-07-2003 08:11 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Nez Nez is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 06-16-2003

Actually...what gets me is that the Townsends get a regular slapping around from people for wait times. Peter asked (frankly LEGIT) questions. Said he liked the CD(at least in the e-mails I saw). Jeffrey erupted with great defensiveness...Peter didn't say it was a horrible CD...he questioned certain choices. And people responded like he had declared the Dogs DVD a lesser work than Gigli.

In my opinion? If you only want praise? Don't put a project out for mass consumption. If you are going to put something out...be open to the criticism as well as the praise.
08-07-2003 08:31 Nez is offline Send an Email to Nez Homepage of Nez Search for Posts by Nez Add Nez to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by dorfsmith

quote:
quote:

One of these days I will talk my wife in to letting me post good pics of drew and prove you wrong my friend. Big Grin

(In the meantime check out the issue of Rolling Stone a few years ago where she was featured on the cover...)

08-07-2003 10:09 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

VeRY GooD Post Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nez
Actually...what gets me is that the Townsends get a regular slapping around from people for wait times. Peter asked (frankly LEGIT) questions. Said he liked the CD(at least in the e-mails I saw). Jeffrey erupted with great defensiveness...Peter didn't say it was a horrible CD...he questioned certain choices. And people responded like he had declared the Dogs DVD a lesser work than Gigli.

In my opinion? If you only want praise? Don't put a project out for mass consumption. If you are going to put something out...be open to the criticism as well as the praise.

however, your use of the SaMe size white font on this weird gray colored back ground is quite bland...

maybe in the future you could add a LiTTLe CoLoR

also, your use of () is strange ( I mean, frankly what are you doing...) Big Grin

and what is with the ? marks In my opinion? you need to use MoRe ??? o.k. ??? Confused

it was good meeting you Sun. at the BBQ NeZ Big Grin Big Grin

08-07-2003 10:20 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith

One of these days I will talk my wife in to letting me post good pics of drew and prove you wrong my friend. Big Grin

(In the meantime check out the issue of Rolling Stone a few years ago where she was featured on the cover...)

Can you say "Makeup"?

How about "Digital Enhancement"?

Big Grin

Sorry, Shania has my heart!

Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder. Look at Driver, he thinks Mandy Moore is hot!! joey's dating lazysusan, Julia (UGLY) Roberts is hailed as one of the most beautiful women today, heck, they even made Hilary Clinton look good on the cover of her book!! What a woild , what woild, what a woild !!

~Groucho~
08-07-2003 10:38 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Nez Nez is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 06-16-2003

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe uReViG

however, your use of the SaMe size white font on this weird gray colored back ground is quite bland...

sorry. You must take that up with the guys who run this place .

quote:

and what is with the ? marks In my opinion? you need to use MoRe ??? o.k. ???

Why???? I thought I used plenty???? Big Grin

quote:

it was good meeting you Sun. at the BBQ NeZ Big Grin Big Grin
08-07-2003 12:27 Nez is offline Send an Email to Nez Homepage of Nez Search for Posts by Nez Add Nez to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Nez

Nez...

Like Peter, you are entitled to your opinion...but look, if you actually go back and read the entire thread between Peter and I, I didn't "erupt with great defensiveness". After a few days I just got tired of answering questions from someone who is pre-disposed to be difficult and told him he could hack away at what we did all he wanted to, but in the end I didn't really care if he liked it or not. In fact the entire thread stayed pretty cool until it was obvious he just wanted to stir things up because he gets paid now and again to review movies. He asked questions, and I answered them. And look, he questioned everything from the reasons of having the DVD filmed in Chicago to quibbling over wording in the liner notes I wrote. In the end it just got old.

As for only wanting praise...are you kidding? I've been told by several people, (well over 50), either in person at Cornerstone or through emails why they won't buy the DVD, or why they don't like it. Thats fine...it's part of it. You can't please everyone...and that stuff truly doesn't bother me. The thing with Peter was different, and mainly because he is known for not liking much of anything, being a jerk about it when he doesn't, and in the end (in the DVD situation)he was just talking to hear himself make noise. I don't know...you seem to think he liked it..here was his quote about the DVD:

"This DVD was made by people who fancy themselves to be some sort of filmmakers, so they threw cool images together with the music, but they did so without rhyme or reason or any idea how to connect the two."

Yeah...sounds like he liked it.

jeffrey k.

08-07-2003 18:27 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith

Can you say "Makeup"?

How about "Digital Enhancement"?

Big Grin

Sorry, Shania has my heart!

Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder. Look at Driver, he thinks Mandy Moore is hot!! joey's dating lazysusan, Julia (UGLY) Roberts is hailed as one of the most beautiful women today, heck, they even made Hilary Clinton look good on the cover of her book!! What a woild , what woild, what a woild !!

Woo hoo, we agree. Julia Roberts is one of the nastiest looking women in the history of the world Big Grin She's on my top ten nasty list. Mandy is also nasty looking. And Shania. Lazy Susan on the other hand Big Grin

08-07-2003 18:43 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Eh.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.
I don't know...you seem to think he liked it..here was his quote about the DVD:

"This DVD was made by people who fancy themselves to be some sort of filmmakers, so they threw cool images together with the music, but they did so without rhyme or reason or any idea how to connect the two."

Hey, maybe y'r just reading it the wrong way, jeffrey... Wink ... Rhyme and reason are overrated anyway. The nada thing made me cry and that's all that matters. Big Grin Crying Big Grin

08-08-2003 07:45 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

well . . . Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I will throw my 2-cent worth in...

I really Like this DVD & have watched it twice plus+

when I found out on Friday afterNooN that Mike & Terry were probably coming to do a living RooM show on Monday, I called my mom for some back-up cleaning help which she graciously did, anyway about an hour into cleaning we were all draging a little so we took a TiMe-ouT & I had a motavational message for my family, complete with showing a few segments from the DVD Smile

after watching it my MoM seemed a little more impressed & basically redecorated parts of our home just for the show...

so, I bought the DVD the first day of cornerstone right from
jeffery k.
it is what it is, a great DVD from a great band, take it or leave it...

p.s. have fun jeffery K. I think you are having a BBQ tonight or tommorrow ???

08-08-2003 08:04 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.
I don't know...you seem to think he liked it..here was his quote about the DVD:

Hey, maybe y'r just reading it the wrong way, jeffrey... Rhyme and reason are overrated anyway. The nada thing made me cry and that's all that matters. Big Grin Crying Big Grin

I don't know...I got a bunch of emails from people who thought the same thing I did about his comments..whatever though, he can say whatever he wants...it's a free country.

jeffrey k.

08-08-2003 09:46 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

The style and atmosphere of the disk is beautiful. It makes the dogs look like real guys...someone you could just walk up and talk to. I've played the DVD for several family members who were never exposed to the dogs before and they loved it.

08-08-2003 09:49 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

quote:
p.s. have fun jeffery K. I think you are having a BBQ tonight or tommorrow ???

Tomorrow...yeah. It's just a few friends getting together. I had wanted to do something bigger, but I just don't have the energy right now. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to it...

jeffrey k.

08-08-2003 09:49 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Pages (7): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs DVD rocks

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH