Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » I GOT IT! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page I GOT IT!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Wink ...well Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe
quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.
First off...thanks for the kind words about the DVD. I am thrilled people are enjoying it as much as they are.

To answer some questions...there was over 2 hours of footage from the concert. The guys played many many songs, but some had mistakes, some had a sound issue here and there, and really, had we used the entire show it would have been REALLY long and I think the film would have suffered. Many of the songs they played were of the quiet slow type, and watching the raw footage it became apparent to me that if we used all of it people would lose interest halfway through. That isn't to say that the band isn't or wasn't entertaining, but it's one thing to sit in a room while it happens live, it's another to sit on your couch and be totally captivated by something for more than an hour or so. Personally I think the flow of the film is the best it could have been, and it's really enjoyable to watch in it's edited form.
As far as between song screwing around, to be honest there wasn't a lot of it that night. I think the guys were conscious that they were being filmed, and kept the horsing around to a minimum. We left in the stuff that made sense, but you have to understand, we were trying to push past the "fan film" thing and create something...more. Maybe that sounds pretentious, but it isn't meant to. I just wanted something that would make the guys look like the pros that they are, but still show their heart and humor, but in a totally artistic and beautiful way. Anyway...
Enough from me...I'm totally caught up with filling orders, so I thought I'd just drop in and see what condition my condition was in...or something like that.

All my best,

jeffrey k.
www.lo-fidelity.com

jeffrey k.

I know others are thinking it, so I will say it...
what are the chances of any of the RaW footage seeing its way on to say
[B]a "BooTLeG" [/B] VHS or DVD, i.e. Crowd footage, more solo stuff, more in between talking etc...

I know a few people that would be interested in that...

LaTeR

DaLe

quote:

Honestly...at this point pretty slim. For one thing, the raw footage would still ahve to be editied since it was shot from 3 main cameras, and that costs. The raw footage I watched was basically the center camera which is mainly closeups and pans back and forth. Plus, I think people are making a large assumption that there actually is crowd footgage. All 3 cameras were set up 2-3 rows back from the front of the room, so you really don't see the crowd...and if you do, it's basically shadows. We really didn't set up to shoot the crowd, and since they sat for 95% of the show, it would have been pretty boring to film if we had! As far as more solo stuff...honestly, I really doubt it. All 3 of the guys seemed pretty nervous at first about the filming and there are some noticable mistakes that I know for a fact they wouldn't have wanted on the DVD. Which is why you get one song from each of them. It was the best of the 3 from each guy. I understand that fans are collectors and "want the whole thing" but what is there vs. what isn't was done for a reason. I have some tentative plans for the usable extra stuff, but in all honesty, we have to be able to recoup on this project to even begin another, and we aren't even close yet. Hopefully that answers everyones questions...

thanks,
jeffrey k.

I STiLL think this ^ would be a GooD IDea Wink

06-04-2004 10:50 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » I GOT IT!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH