Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » First one. » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page First one.
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
HEMISPHERICALHEADS HEMISPHERICALHEADS is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-07-2003

First one. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What album was your first from any Terry Taylor group and what year did you by it?
I realize stuff like this has probably already been hashed out but I'm new here and I want to see which person is the longest fan...

Mine was "Kalhoun" and it was 1994. The only reason I got it was because I found it new at Radrockers in the budget section for about $5.00...I said "That's not too bad of an investment to make even if it does blow!" Since then I've got quite a few. It's almost like an addiction... Big Grin
06-12-2003 15:21 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Horrendous Disc. 1982 on tape, my brother bought it and we all fell in love! Big Grin

06-12-2003 15:25 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

shotgun angel - 1979.
(I heard the title cut on the radio- they played it as a "novelty" song -
it was a CCM station literally run out of a basement- now they are in 3 states and Canada

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
06-12-2003 15:30 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Dr. Sticky Dr. Sticky is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

Motorcycle -1994

I loved it, and then i got Zoom Daddy (not knowing anything about Terry) and loved it. Saw that Terry was involved and figured "Wow, this guy must be good." After that, I picked up Bibleland and was sorely disappointed. I took it back to the bookstore the next day. i was tired of...oh wait, i'm from Kentucky. I kept Bibleland and have grown to appreciate it, but it's still my least favorite rock album of his.

I bought Zoom Daddy b/c my friend Drew (a non-christian and we're still prayin') said I should get it. "Ooo, buy this one, it has a cool cover". I miss Drew. He would always go into the Xian bookstores with me and make fun of stuff, well, we both did. I bought him a copy of Sacred Cows when it came out at C-stone. He loved it. One time we went into the Family Bookstore and there was this giant stand up of Point of Grace (or something like that) and he said...I hope this offends nobody..."Heh. Hey Rob, none of these girls put out. Let's get out of here." We both laughed and bought a copy of Rick Altizer's first album. He loved Adrian Belew, so it hooked him.

I don't know why i just shared all of that with everyone. Maybe it's because i've had a cruddy day and my sinus headache hurts. Maybe it's because i haven't posted in a long time. Blah blah blah.

Motorcycle - 1994
06-12-2003 15:39 Dr. Sticky is offline Send an Email to Dr. Sticky Homepage of Dr. Sticky Search for Posts by Dr. Sticky Add Dr. Sticky to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

Fearful Symmetry 1987 (It is currently in my player in my truck! Pleased Though, in somewhat different format than when I originally heard it. A fellow teen friend of mine (when I was 17 and a new Christian) had it on vinyl and encouraged me to borrow it and listen to them to see what I thought. After I got hooked, went back I borrowed Doppelganger, Vox Humana, Alarma!...) Big Grin

06-12-2003 15:55 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Mine was Shotgun Angel in ...78? Mr brother bought it and i showed contempt for it at first (before listening). Then when i saw it contained Father's Arms (a Boone sisters hit), i became very interested. i was absolutely hooked by the time someone yelled, "Stamp me!" and was completely enchanted by Lady Goodbye.

06-12-2003 15:59 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

"Let's Spin" 1988 on CD. Then I bought "Fearful Symmetry" and "Darn Floor, Big Bite" that summer!

-- aotp
06-12-2003 16:01 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

^1666 better post another quickShocked

06-12-2003 16:03 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Let him remain evil; i'm trying to catch him today!

06-12-2003 16:05 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Oh i'm gonna be there and past like a 200mph red streak Big Grin

06-12-2003 16:05 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Ceremonial Kernel

Thread Starter Thread Started by HEMISPHERICALHEADS

I've got a ways to go.. Big Grin
06-12-2003 16:06 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by HEMISPHERICALHEADS

Fire up that DAmb Dodge and floor it! Big Grin

06-12-2003 16:07 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Good thread HH!

i think we have done it before, but we have said just about everything 400,000 times. Except for Sapho's poetry; that's not very big here.

06-12-2003 16:09 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Thread Starter Thread Started by HEMISPHERICALHEADS

quote:
Originally posted by Driver8
quote:

How would you know I have a Dodge? Plymouth too. Old....
Not a fan of the new stuff..
06-12-2003 16:09 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Driver8
quote:

How would you know I have a Dodge? Plymouth too. Old....
Not a fan of the new stuff..

Cause yous a motor city head Big Grin

06-12-2003 16:11 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
ifihadahifi
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 12-04-2002

I picked up Darn Floor Big Bite in '88 while working in Hong Kong.

06-12-2003 16:19 ifihadahifi is offline Send an Email to ifihadahifi Search for Posts by ifihadahifi Add ifihadahifi to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

What work did you do in HK?

06-12-2003 16:22 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

Shotgun was the first I was hooked and couldn't wait for HD to come out. THe owner of the Christian bookstore asked me how these guys can call themselves Christians since they were dressed in odd outfits in the gatefold of the album. I looked at him strangly and got the hell out of his store.

He was the same jerk that didn't go to his son's wedding because the bride wasn't amillenial.

then HD, Alarma and so on. I have it all and proud of it. 23.5 years as a fan..dang that makes me feel old.

06-12-2003 16:34 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

vox humana- 1984...... Cool
and believe it or not, i found out about it and heard it in a Christ-ian book store.... Shocked
i was 15 and discovered the band this way..... i guess that doesn't happen much now.......... Crying

06-12-2003 16:34 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Spurning the amillenial bride, that sounds like good song material for Brian Healey.

06-12-2003 16:39 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » First one.

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH