Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Terry's least likely to be sung in church song » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Terry's least likely to be sung in church song
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Terry's least likely to be sung in church song Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

low crawls & high times?

05-21-2003 13:54 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

musical fruit

August 2005
05-21-2003 14:00 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hide the Beer
05-21-2003 14:02 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Hide the Beer, the Pastor's Here

ah.... once again, great carls think alike.... Big Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
05-21-2003 14:02 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Big Grin
05-21-2003 14:07 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

I'm partial to Pie Hole.

05-21-2003 14:14 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
jamespop jamespop is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

She's Working Here (I mean c'mon, he uses the "D" word for cryin' out loud"
Sweet Mother of God (at least in a Southern Baptist Church)
Hide tge Beer (although it would never be sung, it would be lived out day after day after day...)
05-21-2003 14:22 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

all of them. churches don't like terry.

splitters!

August 2005
05-21-2003 15:54 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
the body politicker
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 05-20-2003
Location: There's a reason God on high sent Christ his son to be a fisherman and to surround himself with fishermen. Now go fishing and find it.

My all time favorite desert island least likely song to be played in church is definitely from the Swirling Eddies' album Let's Spin. I think the message is good, but the title would put many people off. Often, churchgoers tend to only look at the outside when it comes to worship. They want it wrapped up in ribbons and bows, as they say. A song like this should be canonized, but it can never happen due to suggestive implications brought about by the title. A teacher taught me about scrutinizing the title carefully when analyzing a text. Needless to say, I was very interested in this song before I ever heard it. One day I plan to reconcile the words with the title, but until then, they will not be playing it in church. But I'm digressing.

"bigguns"

05-21-2003 17:17 the body politicker is offline Send an Email to the body politicker Search for Posts by the body politicker Add the body politicker to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

I would let any TST song be sung in my church. I have played most TST songs in our church.
LK-9

05-21-2003 17:47 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Howdy dog!!

Have the tornadoes hurt any of the people in your parish, K9?

05-21-2003 17:51 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by .backs.
Howdy dog!!

Have the tornadoes hurt any of the people in your parish, K9?

That thing went right over my house and church. I know a lot of people with damaged homes (including the home of my deceased father). I have a sister-in-law whose home was totaled. It was 2 bad storms, back to back. Now to answer your question, no one was physically hurt, which is good. Thanks for the concern.
LK-9

05-21-2003 17:54 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Prayers for all those who experienced losses.

05-21-2003 19:14 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by jamespop
She's Working Here (I mean c'mon, he uses the "D" word for cryin' out loud"
Sweet Mother of God (at least in a Southern Baptist Church)
Hide tge Beer (although it would never be sung, it would be lived out day after day after day...)

my thought too, nada it! Big Grin

05-21-2003 20:16 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Lost Canine
I would let any TST song be sung in my church. I have played most TST songs in our church.
LK-9

yeah, but you are a heretic! Tongue

05-21-2003 20:17 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

hairy what?

05-21-2003 21:15 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
[I]

"bigguns"

(.)(.)

August 2005
05-21-2003 21:35 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Roll Eyes
05-21-2003 21:42 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Home Permanent............'specially the chocolate Bibles line Smile

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

05-21-2003 22:39 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

i am thinking it would be either:

autographs for the sick

or

God went bowling

(of course i would do those...even if they would be afraid) Smile

05-21-2003 22:56 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Terry's least likely to be sung in church song

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH