Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » MBD » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page MBD
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 MBD Shemp 05-12-2002 19:05
 Not in mine either John Foxe 05-12-2002 19:52
 RE: MBD Shemp 05-13-2002 08:23
 couldnt agree more jc 05-13-2002 10:29
 Er.... carl 05-13-2002 10:38
 ME 2 jc 05-13-2002 12:09
 Yeah! Regular record stores're 05-13-2002 13:32
 RE: MBD BigDork 05-13-2002 16:08
 RE: MBD Dr Rich 05-13-2002 18:28
 My problem with Christian Boostores Gamgee 05-14-2002 09:02
 RE: MBD Shemp 05-14-2002 10:25
 RE: MBD Kaf-N-8ed 05-14-2002 10:31
 RE: MBD Shemp 05-14-2002 10:37
 RE: MBD Kaf-N-8ed 05-14-2002 12:31
 RE: MBD Kaf-N-8ed 05-14-2002 12:37
 RE: MBD Dr Rich 05-14-2002 21:45
 RE: MBD Gamgee 05-14-2002 22:51
 RE: MBD Shemp 05-15-2002 07:39
 RE: MBD Dr Rich 05-15-2002 18:20
 RE: MBD BigDork 05-16-2002 10:27
Next Page »

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Shemp
unregistered
MBD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

How come MBD is not in stores anywhere... (Michigan) Is this only a Web release, or am I an ignooramoose?
05-12-2002 19:05
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Not in mine either Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I couldn't ever find it in my local Zondervan Family "Christian" Bookstore either, although they had no problem stocking "Daniel Amos Live at C2K" and of course our favorite vowel-less Christian artist.

It was explained to us a while back that the problem was the distribution company - the whole thing was significantly set back when the Galaxy/Diamante deal fell apart last year with the demise of Diamante.

I sensed almost from the beginning though that this recording was going to be something very special, and who here can deny it? Clearly the good Lord had His hand in the whole process, even through all the distribution problems. This recording generated a lot of extremely favorable press. I have read rave review after rave review in many magazines. Even now when I think about it the MBD project is nothing short of amazing in every aspect.

How do you keep raising the bar after 20+ years? I honestly don't know, except by God's grace.

05-12-2002 19:52 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Shemp
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

When will the christian community ever wise up and listen? The respect is growing, but the so is the crap... you know, CCM sound alikes and bubblegum schmoo.
05-13-2002 08:23
jc
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

couldnt agree more Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

there ain't a lot of new stuff
to glean
05-13-2002 10:29 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Er.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

...was there ever?

I can count the number of times I've bought any decent music in a Christian bookshop/music store on one hand (OK, maybe two, but it'd take me a good 10 years of counting....).

My favorite comment remains from the time I tried to get Bruce Cockburn's Stealing Fire (hey, I DID manage to get Dancing in the Dragon's Jaws there some time before): "Sorry, we don't carry his POLITICAL STUFF." While, all the while, Jerry Falwell's latest treatise peered at me from all around the room....

"Dude! You forgot to say 'when it challenges dubious American foreign policy'!"

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
05-13-2002 10:38 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jc
Luteous Llama

ME 2 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've probably purchased 4 or 5 CDs at the Christian Bookstore (thats over a dozen years kids)- they just don't carry the stuff I'm interested in. I did see real Men Cry the last time in..theres hope. Used to be I 'd stop in every month or so- ain't been there in ages, and the last 10 times it was to get something I knew I wanted b4 I went in- not to browse.
Our C-Hit radio station is great! (for my 11 year old daughter..............)
that pretty much says it all.
The latest treand I see beyond ......w....o....r...s...h.....i..p.........
Is all the C-rock bands put out there "its summer, I'll be at a lot of outdoor festivals this year, lets jump up and down in unison to this".....
oh boy
JiMiny
05-13-2002 12:09 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

Yeah! Regular record stores're Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

puttin' out 25th anniversary deluxe editions of Bob Marley's EXODUS but try to even find last year's pfr album, -it's already out of print!

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
05-13-2002 13:32 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Shemp
How come MBD is not in stores anywhere... ?

I've not seen it here either...most of the time they don't know what I'm talking about.

''What was his name again?''

arrrrgggggg

BD

05-13-2002 16:08 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Christian bookstores mostly suck Frown

05-13-2002 18:28 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

My problem with Christian Boostores Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
Christian bookstores mostly suck Frown

Well said. My problem with Christian bookstores isn't so much their selection of music (although that's not that great), but their selection of fiction. Instead of good Christian authors who write well, they have the crappy bestsellers (Left Behind, anyone?). No Buechner, no O'Connor, in fact, out of all the authors who gather in Mr. B's Dream, only Mr. Lewis and sometimes Mr. Chesterton can usually be found in christian bookstores (and usually you only get Chesterton's nonfiction; I have yet to see a Christian bookstore that stocks The Man Who Was Thursday)
05-14-2002 09:02 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Shemp
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:

I've not seen it here either...most of the time they don't know what I'm talking about.

arrrrgggggg

BD

Hoo hoo, how true!
05-14-2002 10:25
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

quote:
When will the christian community ever wise up and listen? The respect is growing, but the so is the crap... you know, CCM sound alikes and bubblegum schmoo.

Hey!

I happen to like Bubblegum Schmoo. That's my favorite CCM band, right next to Zoegurl.

Cheers!
Gus

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

05-14-2002 10:31 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Shemp
unregistered

Be careful... you may not want to admit that on this board... heh heh
To much intellegence here for such dribble
05-14-2002 10:37
Luteous Llama

quote:

Sorry.... I think a demon got into my computer and typed that while I was away. Couldn't have been me.

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:

arrrrgggggg

BD

This reminds me of a recent visit to one such establishment. I was asking about Randy Stonehill and/or Uncle Stonehill.

"Come on, you people. This guy invented Christian Rock-n-roll!" I said. "I suppose you never heard of Larry Norman either?"

"Who, what? What CD are you looking for anyway?"

Well, that was very clever, I think, of Randy Stonehill disgusing himself as a kid-friendly character that you can't quite pinpoint where you've seen him before (is that Willy Wonka? No, I think it's the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland!) but it didn't score Randy a place on the shelves next to Bob the Tomatoe and Larry the Cucmber anyway.

Better luck next time!

Cheers!
Kaf

For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava

05-14-2002 12:31 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by carl
...was there ever?

I can count the number of times I've bought any decent music in a Christian bookshop/music store on one hand (OK, maybe two, but it'd take me a good 10 years of counting....).

Oh, you guys always make me feel OLD!

There once was a day, that you could walk into a Christian Bookstore, and find 3 or 4 albums by Randy Stonehill, and a couple by Larry Norman, and Daniel Amos "Alarma" and "Horrendous Disc." Or course back then they were alongside the Boone family and the Bill Gather Trio.

Help me... I'm choking here...

(Speaking as someone who was wounded in childhood by being forced to listen to endless 8-track tapes of The Bill Gather Trio, Jimmy Swaggart, and Jim and Tammy Faye Baker....)

Anyway. The Christian bookstores USED to carry the good guys. Whatever happened? Maybe they found out that Steve Taylor was talking about THEM when he sang about "drinking milk from a Christian Cow"??????

Sigh....

~Kaf~

For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava

05-14-2002 12:37 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Kaf-N-8ed
quote:
Originally posted by carl
...was there ever?

Oh, you guys always make me feel OLD!

There once was a day, that you could walk into a Christian Bookstore, and find 3 or 4 albums by Randy Stonehill, and a couple by Larry Norman, and Daniel Amos "Alarma" and "Horrendous Disc." Or course back then they were alongside the Boone family and the Bill Gather Trio.

Help me... I'm choking here...

(Speaking as someone who was wounded in childhood by being forced to listen to endless 8-track tapes of The Bill Gather Trio, Jimmy Swaggart, and Jim and Tammy Faye Baker....)

Anyway. The Christian bookstores USED to carry the good guys. Whatever happened? Maybe they found out that Steve Taylor was talking about THEM when he sang about "drinking milk from a Christian Cow"??????

Sigh....

~Kaf~

The one I go to from time to time has a lot of good stuff, but a lot of crap as well Frown

05-14-2002 21:45 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich

The one I go to from time to time has a lot of good stuff, but a lot of crap as well Frown

Mine's got some good stuff too. I got the DA Live at Cornerstone disc there (filed under "A" of course).
05-14-2002 22:51 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Shemp
unregistered

I remember way back when, when you could find all of the good stuff as well. I think these days it is all about the almighty $$$. I have to believe that there is some old christian book store that went out of business and some where in an abandoned warehouse, in the piles of unsold items are some DA and SE cd's or tapes.

05-15-2002 07:39
Ubique Epoque

quote:

oh crap... that counts me out!

05-15-2002 18:20 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

quote:
I remember way back when, when you could find all of the good stuff as well. I think these days it is all about the almighty $$$. I have to believe that there is some old christian book store that went out of business and some where in an abandoned warehouse, in the piles of unsold items are some DA and SE cd's or tapes.

that would be fun to stumble across. Big Grin

05-16-2002 10:27 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » MBD

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH