Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » bass playing question for Tim Chandler. » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page bass playing question for Tim Chandler.
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

folks, i gotta go--i hope i didn't miss any questions--if i did, just email me if you want. i'll catch up to it eventually
03-12-2003 16:59 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mr Chandler
I gave you avideo tape of Cornerstone 84, at last years Cornerstone, did you ever get around to watching it?
Please say yes (even if you misplaced it). Any news on a new DA project? Whats the reason for DA not playing this year?
Thanks
Joe "Commander" Cote
03-12-2003 17:37 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Lie to me! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Commander Cote
Mr Chandler
I gave you avideo tape of Cornerstone 84, at last years Cornerstone, did you ever get around to watching it?
Please say yes (even if you misplaced it).

Big Grin LOL! Big Grin

03-12-2003 20:38 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

commander Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yes, i did watch it! i can't believe what a big goofball i am on it. lord knows i was thinner and in better shape, but i'm just not very convincing. but it sounds pretty good and i thought terry looks and sounds great. thank you, regardless of what i think about my own lame performance, for making that tape. it's a nice document to have of the band in a particular period. i wish there were more like it.
03-12-2003 21:05 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

tim.

when you coming to monrovia? Smile
-john

03-12-2003 21:09 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

hey, wes Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i flew out to record on a project for the great john schreiner in january and i drove through monrovia, just to see my old house and see what things looked like. but, i probably won't be back for awhile. maybe next christmas?
03-12-2003 21:12 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
somehypocriticalChrist-ian
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 02-22-2003

sharing the wealth Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

bass is not my principle instrument, so when i hear someone that impresses me i try to pass it on.

Tim, ever listen to any stuff by Victor Wooten? plays with Bela Fleck? just curious. if you haven't, you won't believe it's possible...

[edit] someong is not a word...
03-12-2003 21:19 somehypocriticalChrist-ian is offline Send an Email to somehypocriticalChrist-ian Search for Posts by somehypocriticalChrist-ian Add somehypocriticalChrist-ian to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

hey, ian Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yes, i have heard victor wooten. and yes, he's unbelievable! i have great respect for him. he has ten thousand times more technichal skills than i've ever had.
i have to admit that my favorite players are not guys who play from "chops," but he is one of a kind!
03-12-2003 21:25 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

i don't know anything about the bass, but could you tell me what your favorite restaurant in Monrovia is, Mr. Chandler?

Did you know any of the teachers at the high school?
03-12-2003 21:29 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Official Impasto

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

hey baxter....you know it's got to be "le roys" Smile

03-12-2003 21:30 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

wes, baxter Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

le roys rocks!

i'll tell you my favorite restaurant in the near vacinity that, sadly, is no longer in existence:

THE TRAILS!

don't get me started--that's a whole other thread

(the place had an actual organ bar, my friends--did you ever hang out there?)
03-12-2003 21:34 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Hey Wes, have you ever played with Mike Cravens in Monrovia? i was in his first band in kindergarten.
03-12-2003 21:34 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by baxter
i don't know anything about the bass, but could you tell me what your favorite restaurant in Monrovia is...?

I have a friend from Liberia, isn't Monrovia the capital of Liberia? If it is, I doubt there are many restaurants there, I think they've all been shelled.

03-12-2003 21:35 Ron E is online Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Hey WES! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Why don't you invite Tim to play bass on a CERTAIN PROJECT! if you know what i mean

I, of course, am far too shy to bring it up! Big Grin

He would, absolutely, have free meals and lodging in Monrovia!!!
03-12-2003 21:35 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

My dad used to take me to Le Roys. i've never heard of the trails. Frown
03-12-2003 21:36 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Official Impasto

oh my. the trails!

yes.

speaking of places that are no longer there.....how about "the blvd. cafe". home of the "coldest beer in town!" Smile

03-12-2003 21:36 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

quote:
Hey Wes, have you ever played with Mike Cravens in Monrovia? i was in his first band in kindergarten.

nope. but the name sounds familiar.

03-12-2003 21:38 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

ok, i'll bite--what're ya talkin' about?
03-12-2003 21:38 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Is Bob's Big Boy still there? Our high school initiations involved unspeakable acts with that tubby statue.
03-12-2003 21:38 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Official Impasto

quote:
Is Bob's Big Boy still there? Our high school initiations involved unspeakable acts with that tubby statue.

it's still there...although bob vacated years ago. it is now known as sandy's Smile

03-12-2003 21:40 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » bass playing question for Tim Chandler.

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH